Griffin & Hunt

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
He was always going to develop into an offloading 2nd rower sometime you need patience
Runs hard and into gaps pretty well as well. Even his defence has gotten pretty good. He's not lazy anymore either. Unless the Dragons unearth a couple of breakout second rowers in the off season, I think Leilua will play Origin next year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just noticed this. You are 100% wrong. I rated him and rated his as a hooker. Just saying the rumour was that his service out of dummy half was quite poor. And he wasn't worth more than 500K a season.

It seems the rumour wasn't far-fetched as no other clubs want hm as a dummy half. And I think 500K is generous for him as a running forward.

If they were on the same or similar money, I'd easily prefer McInnes to McCullough to play hooker. But I recognise it's unlikely either of them will take us to the promised land. As a running forward, no thanks in regard to McInnes, IMO.

Should have kept him but as bad as Hook has been, that one was on Baldy McGregor, not Hook.
Disagree Mcinness like McCullough have reached their use by dates. If we are going to move forward next season. McCullough has to pull the plug Muhleisen in. Alternatively Hunt to hooker in 23 or if he extends 24/25. Sullivan/Amone combo although I don't rate Amone at this stage but perhaps he may go better behind a pack going forward. We need to purchase a new prop asap top priority

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Runs hard and into gaps pretty well as well. Even his defence has gotten pretty good. He's not lazy anymore either. Unless the Dragons unearth a couple of breakout second rowers in the off season, I think Leilua will play Origin next year.
Wouldn't go that far but we could have used him this season

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He was always going to develop into an offloading 2nd rower sometime you need patience
Yep. Mary and his R&R team stuffed up letting Lucie go. Just trying to recall what he said when told he was unwanted. Along the lines of; 'I have been here since I was 15 or 16, love the place.. but perhaps I got too comfortable.'

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
McCullough has to pull the plug Muhleisen in.
Front Office has already said Muhleisen wont play Firsts before 2024.. that is telling me Mac the snail wont be pulling any plugs and will see out his contract. BTW I did not see in the Tele his name in the first 50 of the NRL Top 100 earners. So he must be pulling in excess of $650K.. you are kidding.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Would have been better than Macca but how much money did he want to stay?
Your guess is as good as mine. What was he earning at the time. As it turned out the Sharks have given him $500K. So perhaps he shud've accepted what we offered then he'd still be our hooker and skipper which is probably his preferred position and the Dragons his preferred club..

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Your guess is as good as mine. What was he earning at the time. As it turned out the Sharks have given him $500K. So perhaps he shud've accepted what we offered then he'd still be our hooker and skipper which is probably his preferred position and the Dragons his preferred club..
I heard he was on much more than that at the Shonkies. Like around 250K more a season. He was on big money. I think Dragons were paying him about what he is on now at the Shonkies but were only willing to offer him around 500K. That's just a rumour but one that makes sense, IMO.

BurtonToSaints

SGI Junior League
If Hunt signs an extension, unfortunately that seems likely. Almost certain.
My Dogs have been linked to him a couple of times now, really sorry for possibly taking him away because he seems to be a fan favorite. If Macca retires, would Sullivan stay and play 9 or is his preference to play7?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My Dogs have been linked to him a couple of times now, really sorry for possibly taking him away because he seems to be a fan favorite. If Macca retires, would Sullivan stay and play 9 or is his preference to play7?
He's been tried at 9. Results weren't great. He's an out and out halfback. He is a fan favourite but perhaps fans have been overly optimistic. He's had one chance at halfback in first grade and messed it up.