Griffin & Hunt

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Just watching the Cowboys - Roosters game. Cowboys are behind. Rorters are playing well. Cowboys haven't had much ball but what I noticed when they do have the ball, Cowboys playmakers are consistently making Sam Walker and Luke Keary make tackles. Neither of them are likely to break the game open via a solo try of the sort Hunt scores from time to time but Hunt and Amone were unable to consistently have big second rowers running at the Rorters weak links in defence.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just watching the Cowboys - Roosters game. Cowboys are behind. Rorters are playing well. Cowboys haven't had much ball but what I noticed when they do have the ball, Cowboys playmakers are consistently making Sam Walker and Luke Keary make tackles. Neither of them are likely to break the game open via a solo try of the sort Hunt scores from time to time but Hunt and Amone were unable to consistently have big second rowers running at the Rorters weak links in defence.
It's a good game of footy. My opinion just like ours the Roosters weakest links are their halves. Difference is on most occasions they have a good defender next to them . I picked Roosters to win this one. I think they will you can see when their starting props went off the game balanced up. When the come back on for the last 25 that should get them over the line

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It's a good game of footy. My opinion just like ours the Roosters weakest links are their halves. Difference is on most occasions they have a good defender next to them . I picked Roosters to win this one. I think they will you can see when their starting props went off the game balanced up. When the come back on for the last 25 that should get them over the line
How good would it have been for the Dragons to get Matt Lodge?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I hate being right

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
How good would it have been for the Dragons to get Matt Lodge?
The treasury cupboard is bare. This game epitomises what any team can do if they have 2 props consistently making and getting over the advantage line, quick play the ball and a ball playing edge forward and wallah. As I said before the basics of the great game have changed very little since 1908

BurtonToSaints

SGI Junior League
The Dragons approved an extension offer for Ben Hunt at a board meeting, which could result in the club losing youngster Jayden Sullivan to the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read revealed on Triple M, that a crunch board meeting during the week was to approve a big money offer to retain Hunt.

“They had the board meeting on Tuesday and Anthony Griffin sent the team home early and had a bit of an early mark,” Read said on Triple M.

The board meeting wasn’t about Anthony Griffin. It was actually about Ben Hunt and whether the club would ratify the contract offer to Hunt because it is for two more years and it is a really big offer obviously.

The board actually rubber-stamped that on Tuesday and the club will now formally go to Ben Hunt and table that extension.”

However, Hunt’s imminent re-signing could cost the club Sullivan who is being courted by the Bulldogs.

“Where it gets interesting is I expect Ben Hunt will take up that offer and he will stay, but that will mean that Jayden Sullivan will likely look to leave now,” Read said.

“Canterbury are sniffing around Jayden Sullivan. He is a good young kid.

“But if Ben Hunt stays as we expect and signs that extension, I believe that Jayden Sullivan wants to get out.”

Former Dragons player Wendell Sailor implored Sullivan and Tyrell Sloan to look for opportunities elsewhere as he does not believe the club looks after their youngsters and he also called for Anthony Griffin to be sacked.

“I know Jayden Sullivan he is a great kid,” Sailor said.

“When they released Tristan (Sailor), he was going to be the next big thing and Jayden Sullivan, the thing about the Dragons is they do waste their kids and their talent.

“There is a young kid called Tyrell Sloan. Whoever manages those kids they need to look to move those kids on.

“These kids have big futures, but the Dragons do not believe in their youngsters enough.

“They also need to go in a new direction with their coach.”

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The Dragons approved an extension offer for Ben Hunt at a board meeting, which could result in the club losing youngster Jayden Sullivan to the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read revealed on Triple M, that a crunch board meeting during the week was to approve a big money offer to retain Hunt.

“They had the board meeting on Tuesday and Anthony Griffin sent the team home early and had a bit of an early mark,” Read said on Triple M.

The board meeting wasn’t about Anthony Griffin. It was actually about Ben Hunt and whether the club would ratify the contract offer to Hunt because it is for two more years and it is a really big offer obviously.

The board actually rubber-stamped that on Tuesday and the club will now formally go to Ben Hunt and table that extension.”

However, Hunt’s imminent re-signing could cost the club Sullivan who is being courted by the Bulldogs.

“Where it gets interesting is I expect Ben Hunt will take up that offer and he will stay, but that will mean that Jayden Sullivan will likely look to leave now,” Read said.

“Canterbury are sniffing around Jayden Sullivan. He is a good young kid.

“But if Ben Hunt stays as we expect and signs that extension, I believe that Jayden Sullivan wants to get out.”

Former Dragons player Wendell Sailor implored Sullivan and Tyrell Sloan to look for opportunities elsewhere as he does not believe the club looks after their youngsters and he also called for Anthony Griffin to be sacked.

“I know Jayden Sullivan he is a great kid,” Sailor said.

“When they released Tristan (Sailor), he was going to be the next big thing and Jayden Sullivan, the thing about the Dragons is they do waste their kids and their talent.

“There is a young kid called Tyrell Sloan. Whoever manages those kids they need to look to move those kids on.

“These kids have big futures, but the Dragons do not believe in their youngsters enough.

“They also need to go in a new direction with their coach.”
Read it. Wendell is 100% correct.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Dragons approved an extension offer for Ben Hunt at a board meeting,
That is a showcase of the incompetency of those running our club. Read the footy headlines Craig Young and your cronies. You guys have messed up the salary cap and the recruitment so we having nothing in the kitty to pick up a much needed enforcer in the engine room. It still leaves us without a genuine play maker for at least the next three seasons. What happened to the interest from clubs north of the border?

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That is a showcase of the incompetency of those running our club. Read the footy headlines Craig Young and your cronies. You guys have messed up the salary cap and the recruitment so now we are unable to pick up a much needed enforcer in the engine room. Now you are exacerbating the problem by overpaying the skipper for an extra two years. The deal has yet to be accepted by Hunt. What happened to the interest from clubs north of the border?
It's still an old boys club who are in it for their personal wealth, not a successful team. This will prove it.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wendell Sailor is spot on about our treatment of promising juniors. He'd make a perfect junior performance coach for us. If Hunt does take the offer, I can see not only Sullivan leaving but all three amigos heading out the door.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It's still an old boys club who are in it for their personal wealth, not a successful team. This will prove it.
.and what is this 'big money' carrot they have obviously waved in front of Hunts nose to entice him to ignore suitors from his home state.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wendell Sailor is spot on about our treatment of promising juniors. He'd make a perfect junior performance coach for us. If Hunt does take the offer, I can see not only Sullivan leaving but all three amigos heading out the door.
5 years of failure isn't enough. I just hope News Corp is wrong but I think they aren't. And Hunt will rush to sign it if the deal is on the table as reported. So if news of him signing doesn't leak from next week and it isn't confirmed in 2 weeks, we'll know the deal isn't as reported. It's for significantly less money.