RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons Knock On Effect Cup team: Round 1 v Parramatta Eels –​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

What's Coric doing at #13? Tariq Sims at #10 is also interesting. 2 young backrowers the club apparently has high hopes for.

What's with #9? Is Connor Muhleisen injured? So #2 hasn't been sent packing. Apart from him, I know nothing about that backline though I heard someone talking about #7 a few weeks ago. #16 on the bench is interesting. Interesting in a bad way.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons Jersey Flegg team: Round 1 v Parramatta Eels –​

1. Callum Gromek
2. John Vunga
3. Tate Roberts
4. Ben Johnson
5. Alexander Lobb
6. Zach Herring
7. Braxton Wallace
8. Bryce Magnone
9. Sam Hooper
10. Aaron Johnson
11. Hayden Budd
12. Duke Grant
13. Dallas Collins

Interchange:
14. Declan Purcell
15. Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty
16. Thomas Phillips
17. Clive Brett
18. Isaac Morris
21. Harley Sanchez
23. Cooper Roberts

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons Knock On Effect Cup team: Round 1 v Parramatta Eels –​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

What's Coric doing at #13? Tariq Sims at #10 is also interesting. 2 young backrowers the club apparently has high hopes for.

What's with #9? Is Connor Muhleisen injured? So #2 hasn't been sent packing. Apart from him, I know nothing about that backline though I heard someone talking about #7 a few weeks ago. #16 on the bench is interesting. Interesting in a bad way.
Plenty of firepower in the forwards something they have also lacked in the last few seasons

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

Coric is an out and out prop. Maybe the coach wants him to slim down a little?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

I think it's a clear indication that Hook plans to stick with Bird and Su'a in the backrow and wants Sims to come off the bench, as a middle forward. Really no idea why Coric would be lock rather than O'Ofou. Coric isn't a lock while O'Ofou seems almost like a prototype modern lock. A little smaller, more mobile, good defender and ball skills.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

Billy Burns is an interesting omission. With Carr and Shereb supposedly being the future in the backrow, Su'A on the books already and the club supposedly chasing Briton Nikora, has Billy Burns fallen so far out of favour that he can't even get a run in the NSW Cup now?
Plenty of firepower in the forwards something they have also lacked in the last few seasons
No question that's a very good forward pack for the NSW Cup. If Carr and Shereb were thought to be "not quite ready" for the open age group, surely they would have went with Sims and Burns with Alvaro at prop.

Eric

Staff
Billy Burns is an interesting omission. With Carr and Shereb supposedly being the future in the backrow, Su'A on the books already and the club supposedly chasing Briton Nikora, has Billy Burns fallen so far out of favour that he can't even get a run in the NSW Cup now?

No question that's a very good forward pack for the NSW Cup. If Carr and Shereb were thought to be "not quite ready" for the open age group, surely they would have went with Sims and Burns with Alvaro at prop.
I think it's a clear indication that Hook plans to stick with Bird and Su'a in the backrow and wants Sims to come off the bench, as a middle forward. Really no idea why Coric would be lock rather than O'Ofou. Coric isn't a lock while O'Ofou seems almost like a prototype modern lock. A little smaller, more mobile, good defender and ball skills.
Coric is an out and out prop. Maybe the coach wants him to slim down a little?
An extended bench of Feagai, Alvaro, Faamausili and Moga was named and I think the 18th man, Jackson Ford is also required to play NSW Cup in order to be eligible to be 18th man. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the NSW Cup team already named. It'll change a lot before kick off.

Billy Burns must still be injured for another week. As far as I know, he was always touch and go for round 1.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons Knock On Effect Cup team: Round 1 vs Parramatta Eels​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

Having said all that, Connor Muhleisen is a very strange omission. I can't imagine how he wouldn't be picked in the NSW Cup based on his form in the trials. He must be injured.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
19. Sam McCann
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
24. George Burgess
9. Brad Deitz
10. Tariq Sims
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Josh Carr
13. Josh Coric

Interchange:
14. Jack Boyling
15. Lucas Castle
16. Shalom O'Ofou
17. Tristan Alvarado
20. Nathan Leatigaga

Dietz has nrl experience with the Bulldogs last season as hooker playing 7 games so I would suggest that he is playing for a contract . I thought Muhleisen was very good for us in the trial game but unfortunately he is regarded as the no.2 hooker for our NSW Cup team this season. The depth we have now got in the club is the best I have seen in the last 5 years if not longer and goes well for our future if the recruited players play up to expectations

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Dietz has nrl experience with the Bulldogs last season as hooker playing 7 games so I would suggest that he is playing for a contract . I thought Muhleisen was very good for us in the trial game but unfortunately he is regarded as the no.2 hooker for our NSW Cup team this season. The depth we have now got in the club is the best I have seen in the last 5 years if not longer and goes well for our future if the recruited players play up to expectations
Isn't that strange? Why would a Bulldogs reject in a position they are very weak in beat out our highly regarded local junior who played well in the trial matches?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Isn't that strange? Why would a Bulldogs reject in a position they are very weak in beat out our highly regarded local junior who played well in the trial matches?
Can only suggest that because of his previous nrl experience he is being lined up as our replacement hooker should McCullough get injured. He is 26 yrs old whereas Muhleisen is only 21 and obviously according to better educated people in the club than myself is not ready yet for nrl believe it or not.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Can only suggest that because of his previous nrl experience he is being lined up as our replacement hooker should McCullough get injured. He is 26 yrs old whereas Muhleisen is only 21 and obviously according to better educated people in the club than myself is not ready yet for nrl believe it or not.
But Dietz isn't in the top 30 and not on a development deal. He can't play NRL unless one of our top 30 is released.

Eric

Staff
For now I trust the direction Mr. Griffin is taking the club in but some of his decisions are still confusing me. I think we'll have to wait some weeks before seeing what's going on with Dietz vs Muhleisen. I don't know anything about the former, other than what jodragon40 jodragon40 stated above but I know the latter is a very promising #9.

Eric

Staff
My understanding was that we have 1 spot left
Not the case. Jaiyden Hunt and Sloan took the last 2 spots. If one of those was released, almost certainly to another club or the ESL, Dietz could come in. As far as I understand it, the only other alternative is as Merrin did last year.

According to the St George Illawarra website, Jaiyden Hunt is signed in the top 30. The link above doesn't list him. Don't know which is right. The club is sometimes tardy is updating it's official webpage.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not the case. Jaiyden Hunt and Sloan took the last 2 spots. If one of those was released, almost certainly to another club or the ESL, Dietz could come in. As far as I understand it, the only other alternative is as Merrin did last year.

According to the St George Illawarra website, Jaiyden Hunt is signed in the top 30. The link above doesn't list him. Don't know which is right. The club is sometimes tardy is updating it's official webpage.
Whatever the truth is, either way it seems like a strange decision.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
For now I trust the direction Mr. Griffin is taking the club in but some of his decisions are still confusing me. I think we'll have to wait some weeks before seeing what's going on with Dietz vs Muhleisen. I don't know anything about the former, other than what jodragon40 jodragon40 stated above but I know the latter is a very promising #9.
To be fair, almost no one, in the media, on the street or on this forum thought Gosiewski would be a factor in the top grade this season. Maybe Dietz is another Gosiewski.