12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Shalom O'Ofou

• Seems Coric might be on the outer along with O'Ofuo. When the extended squad reserves come into the team, most of the forwards on that bench won't be in the team.
  • Jackson Shereb is still our "great forwards hope", it would seem. If Coric and O'Ofuo have indeed fallen out of contention.
  • Connor Muhleisen needs to be in the NRL sooner rather than later.
  • Who is Kamren Cryer? A new name.
  • The two centres have been mainstays. Anyone know anything about them?
  • Kamren Crye is mid 20s journeyman.
  • Ethan Clark-Wood and Sam McCann are early 20s. Doubtful they'll ever play NRL.
  • You are right about Shalom O'Ofuo. Seems to be on the outer.
  • Surprised about Josh Coric. I haven't watched NSW Cup but he seems like Blake Lawrie 2.0. A bit bigger, a bit more skillful but also a good engine. As I said on another thread, sometimes it seems Griffin hates our local juniors. McCullough still on the books next year and Mbye signed as his cover at the expense of Connor Muhleisen is a good example of this.
  • Jackson Shereb is the last "great hope" yet to play first grade in this team. I mean of you the local juniors.

Eric

Staff
  • Kamren Crye is mid 20s journeyman.
  • Ethan Clark-Wood and Sam McCann are early 20s. Doubtful they'll ever play NRL.
  • You are right about Shalom O'Ofuo. Seems to be on the outer.
  • Surprised about Josh Coric. I haven't watched NSW Cup but he seems like Blake Lawrie 2.0. A bit bigger, a bit more skillful but also a good engine. As I said on another thread, sometimes it seems Griffin hates our local juniors. McCullough still on the books next year and Mbye signed as his cover at the expense of Connor Muhleisen is a good example of this.
  • Jackson Shereb is the last "great hope" yet to play first grade in this team. I mean of you the local juniors.
Doesn't sound promising but Connor Muhleisen and Jackson Shereb making it is enough for this years batch. Would be really good if Josh Coric also makes it.

Eric

Staff
Big turnaround in the NSW Cup team but none of Jackson Shereb, Shalom O'Ofou or Josh Coric made the cut...... It very much looks like Connor Muhleisen is the only one who is going to come in after round 10. Griffin will continue to pick McCullough.

Eric

Staff

NSW Cup St George Illawarra v North Sydney Bears​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Dean Blore
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Shalom O'Ofou
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Tristan Alvarado

This is obviously going to change a lot. Last week was generally bad news despite the big win. The good news was Sloan having a blinder. The bad news was Shereb and Coric dropped out of the team. Coach obviously doesn't believe they are ready to play in the open age group which puts a lot of doubt on them playing NRL next year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Dean Blore
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Shalom O'Ofou
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Tristan Alvarado

This is obviously going to change a lot. Last week was generally bad news despite the big win. The good news was Sloan having a blinder. The bad news was Shereb and Coric dropped out of the team. Coach obviously doesn't believe they are ready to play in the open age group which puts a lot of doubt on them playing NRL next year.
Maybe it's time to pin our hopes on the Jersey Flegg team who are travelling very well. O'Ofuo is too old for Jersey Flegg. When he is dropped from the NSW Cup, is it back to Group 6? Because he is on a development contract and is available for first grade from round 10.

Eric

Staff
Maybe it's time to pin our hopes on the Jersey Flegg team who are travelling very well. O'Ofuo is too old for Jersey Flegg. When he is dropped from the NSW Cup, is it back to Group 6? Because he is on a development contract and is available for first grade from round 10.
To be honest, I don't know. I guess it does (mean he goes back to group 6).

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I had never heard of him before this but Dragons have Suli, Lomax, Max and Matt Feagai all centres and all under 23. To keep rising centres are not the club's priority.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA SET TO LOSE YOUNG GUN

The Dragons are set to lose one of their best junior talents to the NRL's new franchise, the Dolphins. Centre Jack Bostock is believed to have agreed to terms with the Dolphins on a lucrative three-year deal - good money for a kid from SG Ball. But Dolphins recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan is a good judge of rising talent and believes Bostock will be worth the money. The 19-year-old scored three tries in the Steelers' SG Ball team's opening game of the season and has looked a real find this season.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Dean Blore
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Shalom O'Ofou
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Tristan Alvarado

Gosiewski must be injured.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Apparently Sloan had another blinder yesterday and incredibly, the NSW Cup team is now in the top 8. Not sure why they were so atrocious in the first 3 rounds. What I think is the case is what I hope isn't the case. The likes of Coric, Shereb and O'Ofuo simply weren't ready to play in the open age group. If it's true, O'Ofuo is 22 now. If he's not ready for NSW Cup now, he'll never be ready for first grade. Coric and Shereb are still a chance but doubtful they'll be playing regular first next year when both are 21. I mean, they are both 20 now so 21 this time next year. Connor Muhleisen is a bright spot.

Eric

Staff
Apparently Sloan had another blinder yesterday and incredibly, the NSW Cup team is now in the top 8. Not sure why they were so atrocious in the first 3 rounds. What I think is the case is what I hope isn't the case. The likes of Coric, Shereb and O'Ofuo simply weren't ready to play in the open age group. If it's true, O'Ofuo is 22 now. If he's not ready for NSW Cup now, he'll never be ready for first grade. Coric and Shereb are still a chance but doubtful they'll be playing regular first next year when both are 21. I mean, they are both 20 now so 21 this time next year. Connor Muhleisen is a bright spot.
Griffin dropped Kerr from a winning team so if we can get a win today, there is still a chance Sloan will be recalled for next week.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Round 7 wrap up​

Ramsey put his hamstring injury behind him to score a double. He also got two tackle busts and notched up 118 running metres in the Dragons’ impressive win over the Bears.

Meanwhile, Kerr was originally named in Griffin’s 17 but was spotted playing Cup on Sunday before it was confirmed by the club that he had been dropped. The 26-year-old prop scored in the first minute, had a linebreak and ran for 130 metres while also making 23 tackles with zero misses.

And speaking of making a statement, Sloan sent a reminder of what he’s capable of in his best performance since being dropped to reserve grade. The young gun fullback scored a try and set up two more, while also getting a linebreak, linebreak assist, seven tackle busts and 180 running metres.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Round 7 wrap up​

Ramsey put his hamstring injury behind him to score a double. He also got two tackle busts and notched up 118 running metres in the Dragons’ impressive win over the Bears.

Meanwhile, Kerr was originally named in Griffin’s 17 but was spotted playing Cup on Sunday before it was confirmed by the club that he had been dropped. The 26-year-old prop scored in the first minute, had a linebreak and ran for 130 metres while also making 23 tackles with zero misses.

And speaking of making a statement, Sloan sent a reminder of what he’s capable of in his best performance since being dropped to reserve grade. The young gun fullback scored a try and set up two more, while also getting a linebreak, linebreak assist, seven tackle busts and 180 running metres.
Surprised about Kerr. Wonder how Sullivan went. If Suli is injured, Feagai to centre, Ramsey back on the wing.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Round 7 wrap up​

Surprised about Kerr. Wonder how Sullivan went. If Suli is injured, Feagai to centre, Ramsey back on the wing.
Kerr runs through gaps pretty well. His main problem is not breaking any tackles. If opposition defence isn't moving forward, he could easily rack up 100m +.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra NSW Cup team: Round 8 v Western Suburbs​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Max Batty
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Shalom O'Ofou
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Tristan Alvarado

Shereb back in the team. I guess with Su'A out and Fuimaono promoted, Shereb will stay in the 17. Probably doesn't mean much but who the hell does the club have penciled in to play in the backrow next year? I mean, Su'A is one and who is the other? Then who are the backups?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra NSW Cup team: Round 8 v Western Suburbs​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Max Batty
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Shalom O'Ofou
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Tristan Alvarado

Shereb back in the team. I guess with Su'A out and Fuimaono promoted, Shereb will stay in the 17. Probably doesn't mean much but who the hell does the club have penciled in to play in the backrow next year? I mean, Su'A is one and who is the other? Then who are the backups?
Shereb and O'Ofuo were dropped from the final team but Coric retained his place on the bench. Interesting move considering the lack of backrowers rather than props signed going into next year.

Eric

Staff
NSW Cup
Jersey Flegg
  1. Mitch Francis
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Bailey Antrobus
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Tristan Alvarado
  11. Jack Boyling
  12. Jaiyden Hunt
  13. Michael Molo

Interchange:
    14. Brad Deitz
    15. Shalom O'Ofou
    16. Josh Coric
    17. Sam McCann
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Hayden Budd
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Callum Perryman
  8. Aaron Johnson
  9. Sam Hooper (c)
  10. Dallas Collins
  11. Jackson Shereb
  12. Duke Grant
  13. Declan Purcell

Interchange:
    14. Harley Sanchez
    15. Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty
    16. Bryce Magnone
    17. Thomas Phillips
    18. Riley Wooden
I wonder who the new #1 Mitch Frances is. Probably won't see any game time with both Sloan and Ramsey on the extended bench. #7 Braxton Wallace made his debut in NSW Cup last week and was impressive. Once again, not much point talking about forwards. It's going to dramatically change after the extended NRL squad is cut back to 18 or 19.So #11 Shereb has officially been demoted. Not a big surprised but I keep asking everyone who the club has earmarked to partner Su'A in the backrow next year. Sims gone. Bird probably gone. McGuire (who is a natural in the middle, not backrow), Burns and Gosiewski off contract and looking like not getting extended. So, what gives?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
NSW Cup
Jersey Flegg
  1. Mitch Francis
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Bailey Antrobus
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Tristan Alvarado
  11. Jack Boyling
  12. Jaiyden Hunt
  13. Michael Molo

Interchange:
    14. Brad Deitz
    15. Shalom O'Ofou
    16. Josh Coric
    17. Sam McCann
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Hayden Budd
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Callum Perryman
  8. Aaron Johnson
  9. Sam Hooper (c)
  10. Dallas Collins
  11. Jackson Shereb
  12. Duke Grant
  13. Declan Purcell

Interchange:
    14. Harley Sanchez
    16. Bryce Magnone
    17. Thomas Phillips
    18. Riley Wooden
I wonder who the new #1 Mitch Frances is. Probably won't see any game time with both Sloan and Ramsey on the extended bench. #7 Braxton Wallace made his debut in NSW Cup last week and was impressive. Once again, not much point talking about forwards. It's going to dramatically change after the extended NRL squad is cut back to 18 or 19.So #11 Shereb has officially been demoted. Not a big surprised but I keep asking everyone who the club has earmarked to partner Su'A in the backrow next year. Sims gone. Bird probably gone. McGuire (who is a natural in the middle, not backrow), Burns and Gosiewski off contract and looking like not getting extended. So, what gives?
It's (who is going to partner Su'A in the second row next year) a good question. One second rower confirmed leaving, several more off contract with the club not in any hurry to re-sign them. So it would seem they are almost certainly leaving. And as far as anyone knows, the club isn't looking to poach any. I wonder if there are one or two players in the ESL or rugby union the club uis chasing. Or if Ravalawa is going to become a backrower.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
NSW Cup
Jersey Flegg
  1. Mitch Francis
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Bailey Antrobus
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Tristan Alvarado
  11. Jack Boyling
  12. Jaiyden Hunt
  13. Michael Molo

Interchange:
    14. Brad Deitz
    15. Shalom O'Ofou
    16. Josh Coric
    17. Sam McCann
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Hayden Budd
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Callum Perryman
  8. Aaron Johnson
  9. Sam Hooper (c)
  10. Dallas Collins
  11. Jackson Shereb
  12. Duke Grant
  13. Declan Purcell

Interchange:
    14. Harley Sanchez
    16. Bryce Magnone
    17. Thomas Phillips
    18. Riley Wooden
There is no chatter at all about who St George are chasing. Only news about who is leaving so there must be a few, 5 or 6, first graders from next year in these teams.

Eric

Staff
There is no chatter at all about who St George are chasing. Only news about who is leaving so there must be a few, 5 or 6, first graders from next year in these teams.
That's true. I think it must be that as GCRV GCRV says, the club is looking at some left-field recruits. Rugby Union and ESL. Or of course get a few discount buys from clubs in salary cap trouble, and apparently there are quite a few of them. Just recently I've read about North QLD, Canterbury and Newcastle. Though I can't think of anyone other than Luke Thompson I'd like the club to recruit from Canterbury or Newcastle.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That's true. I think it must be that as GCRV GCRV says, the club is looking at some left-field recruits. Rugby Union and ESL. Or of course get a few discount buys from clubs in salary cap trouble, and apparently there are quite a few of them. Just recently I've read about North QLD, Canterbury and Newcastle. Though I can't think of anyone other than Luke Thompson I'd like the club to recruit from Canterbury or Newcastle.
Tevita Pangai Jr would probably be worth picking up for the right price. He might compliment Lawrie well. One who doesn't do a whole lot of standout things but keeps going and going and one who does many standout things but only for short bursts.