Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Do you people feel the same as I re the lack of coverage of lower grade footy. I like to see the up and comers who one day will be wearing the RedV in the top grade. Unless you actually go to a game expect no more than a few misely minutes on the NRL site. Yes the Ressies are televised but you are lucky to see your team more than a handful of times a year. Flegg should be covered too while if you are prepared to pay an online subscription fee you can see the Mathews and Ball comps.
More coverage would be nice but I guess it comes down to whether it'd be profitable.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I said right after or shortly before the end, Sullivan was the best player in the field in the NSW Cup game. He might push Hunt to hooker even this season. Next season, Hunt should play elsewhere with that club picking up at least 900K of his salary or he's playing hooker.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jayden Sullivan was back in reserve grade after spending a month playing off the bench in NRL. The 20-year-old’s fingertips were all over the Dragons’ 40-22 win over the Bulldogs with three try assists, a tackle bust and 77 running metres.

He was spotted limping after the game but confirmed to Fox League that he was just cramping given it was the first time in while that he had played 80 minutes.

Sullivan also credited Dagons skipper, Ben Hunt — who he called “the best player in the world” — for his performance.

“I reckon it does,” Sullivan said when asked if his composure on Sunday came after spending time in first grade.

“I get to learn, in a different position, how hard it is in the middle, but it’s good to be back footy in the No.7. It feels good and I got to learn off the best player in the world, Ben Hunt.”

Tyrell Sloan had some nice touches scoring a try and setting up another but his defence was a little shaky with 1 tackle and three misses.

Eric

Staff
NSW Cup v Penrith
Jersey Flegg v Penrith
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Jonathon Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Mitch Francis
  7. Jayden Sullivan
  8. Jaiyden Hunt
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Kerr
  11. Jack Gosiewski
  12. Billy Burns
  13. Tyrell Fuimaono
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Poasa Faamausili
16. Jackson Ford
19. George Burgess
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Jack Bostock
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Bryce Magnone
  9. Declan Purcell
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Hayden Budd
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty
Interchange:
14. Sam Hooper (c)
15. Toby Couchman
16. Nicholas Tsougranis
17. Harley Sanchez
  • Fuimaono is much better in the middle than on an edge. Glad he is starting at 13.
  • I heard along with Sullivan, Burgess and Gosiewski were standouts. They mush be putting pressure on forwards in the NRL team.
  • Burgess on the bench is interesting. Wonder why that is.
  • Obviously except for Feagai, Sloan and Sullivan, I don't think any of the backs are on the NRL radar. At least not now. Feagai might be a chance to replace his brother or come onto the other wing if Ravalawa is still out.
A few interesting selections here
  • Wonder why Coric was dropped from the NSW Cup team. He obviously didn't stink it up in the last game.
  • Hooper has been pushed the bench. The best hookers are 80min players. We need a hooker who plays for 80min.
  • I wonder which of these forwards, apart from Coric and Shereb Griffin wants to play in the NRL next year.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
NSW Cup v Penrith
Jersey Flegg v Penrith
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Jonathon Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Mitch Francis
  7. Jayden Sullivan
  8. Jaiyden Hunt
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Kerr
  11. Jack Gosiewski
  12. Billy Burns
  13. Tyrell Fuimaono
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Poasa Faamausili
16. Jackson Ford
19. George Burgess
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Jack Bostock
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Bryce Magnone
  9. Declan Purcell
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Hayden Budd
  12. Jackson Shereb
Interchange:
14. Sam Hooper (c)
15. Toby Couchman
16. Nicholas Tsougranis
17. Harley Sanchez
  • Fuimaono is much better in the middle than on an edge. Glad he is starting at 13.
  • I heard along with Sullivan, Burgess and Gosiewski were standouts. They mush be putting pressure on forwards in the NRL team.
  • Obviously except for Feagai, Sloan and Sullivan, I don't think any of the backs are on the NRL radar. At least not now. Feagai might be a chance to replace his brother or come onto the other wing if Ravalawa is still out.
  • Wonder why Coric was dropped from the NSW Cup team. He obviously didn't stink it up in the last game.
  • Hooper has been pushed the bench. The best hookers are 80min players. We need a hooker who plays for 80min.
  • I wonder which of these forwards, apart from Coric and Shereb Griffin wants to play in the NRL next year.
I think the Coric situation is due to the desire to give players ahead of him to play in first grade more minutes to improve match fitness. Fuimaono primarily. He's only been playing 10~15min for the last few weeks. Though Burgess is a mystery.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I said right after or shortly before the end, Sullivan was the best player in the field in the NSW Cup game. He might push Hunt to hooker even this season. Next season, Hunt should play elsewhere with that club picking up at least 900K of his salary or he's playing hooker.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jayden Sullivan was back in reserve grade after spending a month playing off the bench in NRL. The 20-year-old’s fingertips were all over the Dragons’ 40-22 win over the Bulldogs with three try assists, a tackle bust and 77 running metres.

He was spotted limping after the game but confirmed to Fox League that he was just cramping given it was the first time in while that he had played 80 minutes.

Sullivan also credited Dagons skipper, Ben Hunt — who he called “the best player in the world” — for his performance.

“I reckon it does,” Sullivan said when asked if his composure on Sunday came after spending time in first grade.

“I get to learn, in a different position, how hard it is in the middle, but it’s good to be back footy in the No.7. It feels good and I got to learn off the best player in the world, Ben Hunt.”

Tyrell Sloan had some nice touches scoring a try and setting up another but his defence was a little shaky with 1 tackle and three misses.
One Jack Gosiewskiđź•ş also got a special mention for an outstanding game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
NSW Cup v Penrith
Jersey Flegg v Penrith
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Jonathon Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Treigh Stewart
  6. Mitch Francis
  7. Jayden Sullivan
  8. Jaiyden Hunt
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Kerr
  11. Jack Gosiewski
  12. Billy Burns
  13. Tyrell Fuimaono
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Poasa Faamausili
16. Jackson Ford
19. George Burgess
  1. Callum Gromek
  2. Cooper Roberts
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Jack Bostock
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Bryce Magnone
  9. Declan Purcell
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Hayden Budd
  12. Jackson Shereb
Interchange:
14. Sam Hooper (c)
15. Toby Couchman
16. Nicholas Tsougranis
17. Harley Sanchez
Coric was dropped from the Ressies to make way for Kerr who has lost favor. That is the logic used by the illogical Griffin. Kerr is a dud for a big man and we are offloading him at season end so why sacrifice a talented up and comer like Coric. Kerr should be a bench man with the firing George Burgess the starting prop. Having said that Coric will add thrust to the Flegg engine room who are traveling well this year. Odd their skipper Hooper is coming off the bench too. Anyone seen the Flegg halves Herring and Wallace. I'd like to see their try assist stats for the season and how they combine. A few minutes clip of each match gives you absolutely zilch on a player's ability..

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Coric was dropped to make way for Kerr who has lost favor. That is the logic used by the illogical Griffin. Kerr is a dud for a big man and we are offloading him at season end so why sacrifice a talented up and comer like Coric. Having said that he'll add thrust to the Flegg engine room who are traveling well this year. Kerr should be a bench man with George Burgess the starting prop in Ressies. Odd their Flegg skipper Hooper is coming off the bench too. Anyone seen the Flegg halves Herring and Wallace. I'd like to see how they combine and try assists stats for the season. A few minutes clip of each match gives you absolutely zilch on a player's ability..
It's bizarre. Surely there's some logical explanation. Like wanting Coric to play 80min in Flegg in order to get his match fitness up for NSW Cup and first grade.

Just a guess because otherwise, it makes no sense.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's bizarre. Surely there's some logical explanation. Like wanting Coric to play 80min in Flegg in order to get his match fitness up for NSW Cup and first grade.

Still makes no sense. Why not just give him more minutes in the NSW Cup? No, I think it's because Griffin simply doesn't rate him. At least not yet.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Dragons Flegg boys kept their strong form going with a solid 22-4 win over Penrith on Friday. Dolphins bound centre Jack Bostock with two tries while Wallace and Lobb added one a piece.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Coric was dropped to make way for Kerr who has lost favor. That is the logic used by the illogical Griffin. Kerr is a dud for a big man and we are offloading him at season end so why sacrifice a talented up and comer like Coric. Having said that he'll add thrust to the Flegg engine room who are traveling well this year. Kerr should be a bench man with George Burgess the starting prop in Ressies. Odd their Flegg skipper Hooper is coming off the bench too. Anyone seen the Flegg halves Herring and Wallace. I'd like to see their try assist stats for the season and how they combine. A few minutes clip of each match gives you absolutely zilch on a player's ability..

Still makes no sense. Why not just give him more minutes in the NSW Cup? No, I think it's because Griffin simply doesn't rate him. At least not yet.
I'll tell you what makes sense. Coric and Josh McGuire are competing against each other for a spot. McGuire was a member of Hooks storied Broncos U20s winning team from 15 years ago so obviously he has the inside running. Can't have Coric kicking down the door in the NSW Cup so demote him to Jersey Flegg.

Eric

Staff
I'll tell you what makes sense. Coric and Josh McGuire are competing against each other for a spot. McGuire was a member of Hooks storied Broncos U20s winning team from 15 years ago so obviously he has the inside running. Can't have Coric kicking down the door in the NSW Cup so demote him to Jersey Flegg.
The thing I hate most about this comment is that it makes sense. Surely Griffin couldn't be that unprofessional. I wonder what jodragon40 jodragon40 has to say about this.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So much of the rot creeping into this club is based on Griffin's perplexing bias selections of old mates over emerging talents that need extended first grade experience. Cant the board see this?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So much of the rot creeping into this club is based on Griffin's perplexing bias selections of old mates over emerging talents that need extended first grade experience. Cant the board see this?
I don't think it's true. Too unprofessional. I'm just saying it makes sense and I can't think of what the real reason is.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I acknowledge Ben Hunt has improved his game since taking the Dragon's reins. But someone tell me why he is leading the Dally M at half way point. If he had been winning us games when they are there to be won, we'd have to agree. But he falls down at that point. This bloke is big of heart but low on creativity when it is most needed. Much like a Test batsman that gets a handy 30/40 but can not kick on to a big score.
Griffin, like the Qld selectors, should see hooker is BH's best position and move him there pronto. McCullough should be dropped to Ressies, with Connor Mulheisen promoted to share the dummy half role with Hunt. I dont have a problem with Mbye in a playmaking role for the time being.