RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin obviously thinks he's behind other players in NSW Cup.
He tore up a Ressies game recently. Where is the club intel. Good form should be being relayed to Griffin. Doesn't he have a man at all Ressies matches.
I say get big George back into firsts as an impact benchie. And then we will see his worth as a cheapo buy.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yes he does he hides out wide in the backs as Griffin does not trust his middle defense. Similar to Mary hiding Marshall out wide. But with Hunt being stood up by fast three quarters or big edge runners far too often, he is a liability out there. I'd like to see him defending in the middle as reckon he'd nail his man more often.
Hunt is a liability in defence simply because he is our playmaker and the opposition run attacking plays at him so just like Jamie Soward he needs to be in the line next to an enforcer. I would suggest JDB or Sua. But no the defensive coach leaves him like a shag on the rock. A prime example was how Qld protected him against the NSW pack I saw live on Wednesday he actually made 24 tackles and only missed 2. On average in our games he makes 13 tackles a game but misses 5. It isn't rocket science you have to protect your playmakers in defence and you have to have a forward pack going forward to give our playmakers time to run our attacking structures. The Dragons have failed miserably in both these basic facets of the game and that comes down to the coaching staff

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt is a liability in defence simply because he is our playmaker and the opposition run attacking plays at him so just like Jamie Soward he needs to be in the line next to an enforcer. I would suggest JDB or Sua. But no the defensive coach leaves him like a shag on the rock. A prime example was how Qld protected him against the NSW pack I saw live on Wednesday he actually made 24 tackles and only missed 2. On average in our games he makes 13 tackles a game but misses 5. It isn't rocket science you have to protect your playmakers in defence and you have to have a forward pack going forward to give our playmakers time to run our attacking structures. The Dragons have failed miserably in both these basic facets of the game and that comes down to the coaching staff
Well said!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt is a liability in defence simply because he is our playmaker and the opposition run attacking plays at him
You expect to miss some tackles when the opposition is running plays at you. I am talking about the time he spends out wide in defense, that is when he a greater liability as he misses far too many vital tackles. Betting two thirds of his 59 missed tackles are out wide from either poor reads or an even poorer defensive technique. I say get him in the middle in defense and leave wide running forwards and speedy backs to others who nail their man.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It isn't rocket science you have to protect your playmakers in defence and you have to have a forward pack going forward
Correct it isnt rocket science but isn't the onus on the half to to run attacking plays, get our forwards moving and win us games when they are there to be won. I think you are overestimating Hunt's abilities. I see him as having a good kicking game, the ability to take on the line with short bursts and provide inspiration as skipper. But little more.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
To be able to put JDB on an edge, helping Hunt would be great for Hunt and for the opposition forwards. Without JDB in the middle talking everything that moves effectively, our Swiss cheese defence in the middle would be almost non existent.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Correct it isnt rocket science but isn't the onus on the half to to run attacking plays, get our forwards moving and win us games when they are there to be won. I think you are overestimating Hunt's abilities. I see him as having a good kicking game, the ability to take on the line with short bursts and provide inspiration as skipper. But little more.
If Sullivan again tears it up in reserve grade today, surely it's time to move Hunt to hooker and give Sullivan a chance at #7.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
how Qld protected him against the NSW pack I saw live on Wednesday he actually made 24 tackles and only missed 2.
Precisely what I am saying. Get him in the middle. He made those tackles and few misses because he played hooker. No place for a hooker to hide. Why some here have been saying for us to play Hunt at hooker and buy a clever ball player at half. Or give Bud a chance to cement the spot.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Lawrie too. His stats back up that. A no frills old fashioned prop.
A no frills old fashioned prop who can't pass, misses lots of tackles and gets dominated early on in games. To his credit, he keeps going and going much longer than most props.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
prop who can't pass,
Like I said Block is an old fashioned prop who puts ball under wing and powers for almost 10m every carry, making him our second best forward in running metres. Even JDB misses tackles but Lawrie currently stands as our second best defender after jumping Macca. I too wish he'd provide some second phase play but then Block'd no longer be an old fashioned prop.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Nothing on Twitter that I can see. Perhaps later. A flapping shame that the Flegg coverage is almost non existent as the Dragons are best of our three grades.

Last edited: