jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Can't wait for the season to start.
Heading up to Sunshine Coast tomorrow to watch the game live I cant wait to see how our new forwards handle the Warrior pack, it will be a big test. The good thing is no injuries to the starting pack so I would expect we can hold our own and if that is the case we will put a good score on them, Im picking us to win by 13+ points with the earlier caveat we perform in the engine room for the first time in many years.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Heading up to Sunshine Coast tomorrow to watch the game live I cant wait to see how our new forwards handle the Warrior pack, it will be a big test. The good thing is no injuries to the starting pack so I would expect we can hold our own and if that is the case we will put a good score on them, Im picking us to win by 13+ points with the earlier caveat we perform in the engine room for the first time in many years.
I feel you are right. If our forwards can at least hold thier own, our backs have tremendous attacking potential. Though the game isn't until Saturday.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I feel you are right. If our forwards can at least hold thier own, our backs have tremendous attacking potential. Though the game isn't until Saturday.
Staying 2 nights making it a celebration weekend event, wife is a madder dragons supporter than me. She was singing to the roosters chook pen in the 2010 GF 2nd half nana nana nana nana say goodbye as they were leaving once we had the game won, nearly got me in a fight

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra NSW Cup team: Round 2 v Panthers​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Bailey Antrobus
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
8. Shalom O'Ofou
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Josh Coric
11. Josh Carr (c)
12. Jackson Shereb
13. Jack Boyling

Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Sam McCann

Once again, with the extended bench in the NRL, some or all of them will likely come into this team. But #9 Connor Muhleisen is an interesting in. He must have had some niggling injury last week. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

O'Ofuo starting at prop is also interesting. I haven't seen him play for a while. Like, before Covid but he seemed way too light to be a prop.

Josh Carr (c) might be looking into something too much which isn't there. I always thought Jackson Shereb was in front of Carr. Maybe he still is but Carr has a much more mature disposition to be captain.

#17 Sam McCann is a name I've heard before but can't quite remember where.....

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 2 v Panthers​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Bailey Antrobus
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
8. Shalom O'Ofou
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Josh Coric
11. Josh Carr (c)
12. Jackson Shereb
13. Jack Boyling

Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Sam McCann

Once again, with the extended bench in the NRL, some or all of them will likely come into this team. But #9 Connor Muhleisen is an interesting in. He must have had some niggling injury last week. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

O'Ofuo starting at prop is also interesting. I haven't seen him play for a while. Like, before Covid but he seemed way too light to be a prop.

Josh Carr (c) might be looking into something too much which isn't there. I always thought Jackson Shereb was in front of Carr. Maybe he still is but Carr has a much more mature disposition to be captain.

Connor Muhleisen is the only notable inclusion because the actual team that plays will bear very little resemblance to the listed team above.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra NSW Cup team: Round 2 v Panthers​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Bailey Antrobus
6. Max Batty
7. Dean Blore
8. Shalom O'Ofou
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Josh Coric
11. Josh Carr (c)
12. Jackson Shereb
13. Jack Boyling

Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Sam McCann

Things have quiet re that Shonkies backrower. I guess they decided Jack Bird is better value. Not sure where that leaves Carr and Shereb who arr supposed to be 80min backrowers.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Things have quiet re that Shonkies backrower. I guess they decided Jack Bird is better value. Not sure where that leaves Carr and Shereb who arr supposed to be 80min backrowers.
Briton Nikora is his name.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 3 v Newtown Jets​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Sam McCann
5. Bailey Antrobus
6. Dean Blore
7. Brad Deitz
8. Shalom O'Ofou
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Josh Coric
11. Josh Carr (c)
12. Jackson Shereb
13. Jack Boyling

Interchange:
14. Max Batty
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Harris Georgopoulos

Once again, this is going to be very different come game day. Connor Muhleisen was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal display last week. Another one! Personally I really don't know much about that backline. Doesn't really matter as our backline is set for a few years. Big wraps on all those forwards with the exception of #13, who I don't know about. What's with all the "Jacks" around the place these days?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 3 v Newtown Jets​

1. Treigh Stewart
2. Jonathan Reuben
3. Ethan Clark-Wood
4. Sam McCann
5. Bailey Antrobus
6. Dean Blore
7. Brad Deitz
8. Shalom O'Ofou
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Josh Coric
11. Josh Carr (c)
12. Jackson Shereb
13. Jack Boyling

Interchange:
14. Max Batty
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Harris Georgopoulos

Once again, this is going to be very different come game day. Connor Muhleisen was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal display last week. Another one! Personally I really don't know much about that backline. Doesn't really matter as our backline is set for a few years. Big wraps on all those forwards with the exception of #13, who I don't know about. What's with all the "Jacks" around the place these days?
last chance then sack them

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons v Parramatta Eels​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Bailey Antrobus
  6. Dean Blore
  7. Brad Deitz
  8. Shalom O'Ofou
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Josh Carr (c)
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Jack Boyling
Interchange:
14. Max Batty
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Harris Georgopoulos

Still no Sullivan or Burns. The rest of the team barring the fullback, 5/8, halfback and hooker is probably not worth mentioning because it will radically change when the extended NRL squad is cut.

Eric

Staff
St George Illawarra Knock Out Effect Cup coach Russ Aitken and Jersey Flegg coach Willie Talau have named their Round 5 teams to play the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 5 v Rabbitohs​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Bailey Antrobus
  6. Dean Blore
  7. Kamren Cryer
  8. Shalom O'Ofou
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Josh Carr (c)
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Jack Boyling
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Harris Georgopoulos

Once again, the forwards are going to change a lot when the extended NRL squad is cut. I see we have a new halfback. There is too much talent in this squad to be as bad as they have been unless they are exceptionally poor in key positions. And are being coached badly. And are lacking motivation.

Lets see what Kamren Cryer can bring to the team. Still no Jayden Sullivan. Was it a hamstring injury? Even for that, to go from back in round 2 to still out in round 5 seems strange.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
St George Illawarra Knock Out Effect Cup coach Russ Aitken and Jersey Flegg coach Willie Talau have named their Round 5 teams to play the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 5 v Rabbitohs​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Bailey Antrobus
  6. Dean Blore
  7. Kamren Cryer
  8. Shalom O'Ofou
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Josh Coric
  11. Josh Carr (c)
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Jack Boyling
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Lucas Castle
16. Tristan Alvarado
17. Harris Georgopoulos

Once again, the forwards are going to change a lot when the extended NRL squad is cut. I see we have a new halfback. There is too much talent in this squad to be as bad as they have been unless they are exceptionally poor in key positions. And are being coached badly. And are lacking motivation.

Lets see what Kamren Cryer can bring to the team. Still no Jayden Sullivan. Was it a hamstring injury? Even for that, to go from back in round 2 to still out in round 5 seems strange.
Billy Burns returned from injury last round. This week he's not in the extended squad for the NRL or NSW Cup. Injured again or drastically fallen out with the coaching staff?

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons NSW Cup team: Round 6 v Blacktown Workers​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Jonathan Reuben
  3. Ethan Clark-Wood
  4. Sam McCann
  5. Alexander Lobb
  6. Kamren Cryer
  7. Dean Blore
  8. Poasa Faamausili
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Jaiyden Hunt
  11. Josh Carr
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Michael Molo
Interchange:
14. Brad Deitz
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Josh Coric
17. Jack Boyling
18. Shalom O'Ofou

• Seems Coric might be on the outer along with O'Ofuo. When the extended squad reserves come into the team, most of the forwards on that bench won't be in the team.
  • Jackson Shereb is still our "great forwards hope", it would seem. If Coric and O'Ofuo have indeed fallen out of contention.
  • Connor Muhleisen needs to be in the NRL sooner rather than later.
  • Who is Kamren Cryer? A new name.
  • The two centres have been mainstays. Anyone know anything about them?