NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
If he did want to try a different fullback, this is the week with Lomax (a winger) coming back into a winning side where both wingers played well... if he does that we lose the speed, but we would just run 5 tanks at them from the back.

Feel a bit nervous relying on MatF's shoulder in such a big game, thats again why I thought Rava might stay up.. but assume they are confident hes good to go... if I was going to pick someone to go to #1 it would be Lomax.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If he did want to try a different fullback, this is the week with Lomax (a winger) coming back into a winning side where both wingers played well... if he does that we lose the speed, but we would just run 5 tanks at them from the back.

Feel a bit nervous relying on MatF's shoulder in such a big game, thats again why I thought Rava might stay up.. but assume they are confident hes good to go... if I was going to pick someone to go to #1 it would be Lomax.
Without Sloan, that will be the slowest backline in the history of the NRL. Lomax will be the only one who isn't outright slow.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
No Flegg, but NSW Cup is:

1. Lyhkan King-Togia
2. Sione Finau
3. Savelio Tamale
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Fa’amanu Brown
7. Jonah Glover
8. Viliami Fifita
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Alec Tuitavake
11. Dylan Egan
12. Dan Russell (c)
13. Ryan Couchman

Interchange​

14. Haele Finau
15. Michael Molo
16. Josh Coric
17. Jackson Shereb

Replacement Player​

18. Loko Pasifiki Tonga
Has Buchanan been dropped?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The way he's going, might turn out to be a very good winger. :eek: then again, might turn out to be a reserve grader. Canberra thought they saw something in him our recruitment staff didn't so lets see who was right.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Going to be hard for Buchanan and Johnson to force their way in, easier when Ravalawa goes cause Tamale can move back to wing.

Buchanan might need to drop back to Flegg in the meantime.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Going to be hard for Buchanan and Johnson to force their way in, easier when Ravalawa goes cause Tamale can move back to wing.

Buchanan might need to drop back to Flegg in the meantime.
Is Johnson in line for possible top 30 promotion?

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is Johnson in line for possible top 30 promotion?
My 2c (with no intel at all).... Buchanan seems the one that they are fast-tracking, imo he needs atleast a year in NSW Cup though, a bit more size... Johnson has a few years head start.. I sort of had him lumped in with Cooper Roberts the winger as solid players that prob dont go further.. but I feel like Johnson has been getting a bit better in his 10 games this year, and had a real standout last week...attack and defence.. he looks like he belongs now.. but whether he goes on further I dunno, rly needs more time in cup I think... but now he is pushed out by Bird/Tamale.

I have been contemplating what they might do with his contract for next year.. remembering that we potentially have Bird and maybe even MaxF as Top30 players floating around in nsw cup yet..

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I hope we keep Haele Finau for next year, imo he's got some skills that can be effective at 1st grade level. His ability to get the forwards running onto the ball was impressive. He might need to show he can play some other positions too.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I hope we keep Haele Finau for next year, imo he's got some skills that can be effective at 1st grade level. His ability to get the forwards running onto the ball was impressive. He might need to show he can play some other positions too.
I think defence or the ability to defend well for more than 15 or so minutes is his biggest problem.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
nice to see a bit of accountability
Just hoping Flanagan is not as hard on Sloan as you guys and realises a last line of defence can do only so much when the middle has let down the show. We have no one internally with the natural skill set and untapped promise of Tyrell Sloan so he has to remain in the top grade.