NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bird would have been left with the risk of no income in 2025 if he had declined his option.. im sure Flanno would be completely understanding of the situation, but has told him go out there and see if you can do better.. cause itll be reserve grade if he stays. I think if he goes it might free up that spot for Max too.. there is a lot of overlap between them as depth signings... Bird can handle more positions, but Max is younger.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Dont go with this. Size they may have but not speed. Also holding back a genuine speedy centre.
I dont love it either.. but tbf Buchanan is playing NSW Cup tomorrow and Afu as Mug mentioned is in a moon boot.. so the centres that we have in our pathway are not available...

Not sure what the chances of Watchirs making it is.. I know he was really promising 1-2yrs ago, im just not sure if hes still considered that way with the new wave of blokes coming thru (hes not the only one in that position).. one of which is Stanley-Traill which they just want to get games cause hes a bloke with a fast-track to first grade, his dev contracts and stuff are all laid out.. hes just a lil younger.. i dunno if hes a 2nd rower or a prop or what.. but atleast hes playing Flegg, it should really help him move up the grades faster.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bird would have been left with the risk of no income in 2025 if he had declined his option.. im sure Flanno would be completely understanding of the situation, but has told him go out there and see if you can do better.. cause itll be reserve grade if he stays. I think if he goes it might free up that spot for Max too.. there is a lot of overlap between them as depth signings... Bird can handle more positions, but Max is younger.
Younger, faster, stronger. But I've been ranting for 2 years about how I rate Bird as an interchange utility.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I dont love it either.. but tbf Buchanan is playing NSW Cup tomorrow and Afu as Mug mentioned is in a moon boot.. so the centres that we have in our pathway are not available...

Not sure what the chances of Watchirs making it is.. I know he was really promising 1-2yrs ago, im just not sure if hes still considered that way with the new wave of blokes coming thru (hes not the only one in that position).. one of which is Stanley-Traill which they just want to get games cause hes a bloke with a fast-track to first grade, his dev contracts and stuff are all laid out.. hes just a lil younger.. i dunno if hes a 2nd rower or a prop or what.. but atleast hes playing Flegg, it should really help him move up the grades faster.
I'm interested in the back 3 mostly. I think these 3 have big futures.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Off topic.Who is watching the Olympics.
Not really. Just some highlights. They've gone overboard with the number of sports. Track and field, swimming, gymnastics and just a few others like shooting, archery, rowing. But not 20 different kinds of those. 3 max. Short, long and medium distance.

Things like tennis, volleyball, skateboarding, surfing, badminton just don't belong in the overblown Olympics IMO. It's in deep decline. Very few cities bid to hold it now. Beijing was literally the only bidder for the next Winter Olympics.

And then this thing with the Russian and Belarussian teams. No matter how one feels about those countries, FFS just keep politics out of it!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not really. Just some highlights. They've gone overboard with the number of sports. Track and field, swimming, gymnastics and just a few others like shooting, archery, rowing. But not 20 different kinds of those. 3 max. Short, long and medium distance.

Things like tennis, volleyball, skateboarding, surfing, badminton just don't belong in the overblown Olympics IMO. It's in deep decline. Very few cities bid to hold it now. Beijing was literally the only bidder for the next Winter Olympics.

And then this thing with the Russian and Belarussian teams. No matter how one feels about those countries, FFS just keep politics out of it!
Golf is now an Olympic sport.(n)

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This poor Paris performance wont exactly engender further interest once LA and Brisbane are done and dusted. For the Olympics to survive I see the host being partly financed by other competing nations. This may well lead to a single permanent host, say the cradle of the ancient and modern Games, Greece.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bit of a delay on the Flegg game, hopefully nothing too sinister.. cant be delayed too much though with 1st grade after.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
ok your right, found some people talking about the game, the feed just updated then... but I'll give you his half time update:

18-12 @ Half Time
o Rumble was sensational for the first 15 mins with 2 tries and played a big part in saving another
o They were up 18-0 but some poor defence in the middle of the field has cost them.
o Webster, Liu and Latu have looked good with the ball but they are getting pulled apart defensively by speed in the middle.
o Latu went off with a *Cat2 HIA also (that'll be a 2 week rest)
o Williams is very quick and twice has used that speed to help Rumble save tries.
o Sideline is very vocal about telling them to play with patience so clearly that’s not a strength for these kids

Last edited: