NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lui and Webster, like to think we could keep one, of not both of this pair of bookends as they'd make useful Ressie and or First bench players until our juniors come thru.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Lui and Webster, like to think we could keep one, of not both of this pair of bookends as they'd make useful Ressie and or First bench players until our juniors come thru.
I think a lot of these guys who have been in Flegg 2 years, it might depend on their age.. if they can still play Flegg, they will help keep the engine room running while the Meafou, Stanley-Traill, Amone type blokes com thru.. there are a couple more apparently.

But rly curious if that previous generation i.e. Webster/Liu are likely to move on to nsw cup, potentially replacing coric and alecT... Stewart is the other one im not 100% sure on from that generation.. but he has the Top30 contract already... but a long way to go still.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just a reminder we have the NSW Cup game on NSWRLTV @3pm, trying for an odds-defying 3 out of 3 weekend against the best club in the comp currently.

Backline looks ok, forwards im concerned.. rly gonna miss the couchmans long minutes and defence... we have quite a few impact props.. its a really good test for Tonga though.. starting prop and I reckon he will be required to do long minutes this week.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just a reminder we have the NSW Cup game on NSWRLTV @3pm, trying for an odds-defying 3 out of 3 weekend against the best club in the comp currently.

Backline looks ok, forwards im concerned.. rly gonna miss the couchmans long minutes and defence... we have quite a few impact props.. its a really good test for Tonga though.. starting prop and I reckon he will be required to do long minutes this week.
NRLW as well. Could be 4 from 4.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Half Time Notes (NSW Cup) - 26-0 up:
o Tonga did played around 22mins, huge carries every time.. even got a nice pass away and caught another on his bootlaces... this kid is coming on fast,
o Rava & Bird have been rly good... bird has made a few errors very late in the half though as he gets tired.
o Johnson scores a lovely try, hes really looking good at this level now.. ok 2 tries now.
o LKT has got some balls out to Buchanan/Tamale, probably 3x but they havent been able to capitilise.. just lacking the size (in buchanans case) and speed in tamales case to finish the tries... as I say that they did just score a late try running 50+ metres.

I will say we have got quite a few penalties and a decision our way that was a real 360deg moment.. had a couple kind of go against us later.. but still expecting more to go against us in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our boys are humbling the comp leaders by 26 at oranges.

Who is the prime creator of these tries Rev?

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Early Notes (NSW Cup) - will update as I go, 26-0 currently:
o Tonga did played around 22mins, huge carries every time.. even got a nice pass away and caught another on his bootlaces... this kid is coming on fast,
o Rava & Bird have been rly good...
o Johnson scores a lovely try, hes really looking good at this level now.. ok 2 tries now.
o LKT has got some balls out to Buchanan/Tamale, probably 3x but they havent been able to capitilise.. just lacking the size (in buchanans case) and speed in tamales case to finish the tries... as I say that they did just score a late try running 50+ metres.

I will say we have got quite a few penalties and a decision our way that was a real 360deg moment.. it might correct later but good stuff.
Thanks for the update. Good news about Tonga. Maybe we don't need to import a prop.

Hope Buchanan grows a bit over before next season.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Main danger is Faalago, he fumbled 2or3 possible interecepts.. he would easily have gone the length. If we start well in 2nd half we should be ok.. and dont get overconfident and make silly errors.. we are far more 1st grade like grindy team.. but Bird in particular he was a game changer early and was in most of our early points and solid at the back... but now hes tired, he dropped a bomb and made a silly decision on their line..

Glovers goalkicking is a mixed bag theyve pretty much all been from the sidelines or close too.. missed a few and hit a few.. he struggles with the distance too.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Their coach must've given them a rocket as they have pulled one back almost immediately after the resumption.

Last edited: