NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
hmmm there was no 3, could it be Latu in 13?

Player numbers here:

Watchirs was in 4, he had a nice try in there, think I saw him let 1 in also.
Sorry, it was 2, not 3. Tom Kirk. He's a big unit. How skillful is he? Could be a good centre next year.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sorry, it was 2, not 3. Tom Kirk. He's a big unit. How skillful is he? Could be a good centre next year.
i get the impression hes impressing at training.. I think justa said he had a T&T deal, so interesting to see how that plays out.

Played some fullback and now wing with Borg and Rumble taking the fullback gig.. I guess tall athletes r just good to get into our system.. with all the short dropouts and stuff now, and no more Lomax.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
i get the impression hes impressing at training.. I think justa said he had a T&T deal, so interesting to see how that plays out.

Played some fullback and now wing with Borg and Rumble taking the fullback gig.. I guess tall athletes r just good to get into our system.. with all the short dropouts and stuff now, and no more Lomax.
Samuel L Jackson Point GIF by The Academy Awards

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So what are the plans for Cyrus Stanley-Traill, was playing 2nd row in SGBall but moved out to the centres, what do they see him playing down the track?
Or are they trying to give him game time and can only fit him in the centres, we have too many injured, so he is best equipped to play there?

Cyrus will be moved to the middle in the future. He has great footwork at the line and an offload.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Tallest backline in NRL history:
  1. Rumble
  2. Kirk
  3. Holmes
  4. Suli
  5. Borg
Joking. I know 1, 2 and 5 are still quite far away from first grade. Maybe at some stage next year or the year after for Borg.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Tallest backline in NRL history:
  1. Rumble
  2. Kirk
  3. Holmes
  4. Suli
  5. Borg
Joking. I know 1, 2 and 5 are still quite far away from first grade. Maybe at some stage next year or the year after for Borg.
  1. Rumble
  2. Williams
  3. Suli
  4. Kirk
  5. Borg
Maybe in 2 or 3 years but 4 of them still have a lot of work to do.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Loko & LKT are special talents. Loko is already a gun in PCM & RM, his defence is great too. Bends his back in the tackle to nail the attacker. He nailed one bloke & then gave it to him too. Love the aggro. LKT has become comfortable with the pace of NSW cup & is now starting to dominate with his attack. Both guys should get some games in 1st grade next year. Both players have great defences already.

Bird was okay, too many crabby sideways runs & ball hogging to stifle our attack. Tamale is a very strong winger with his great tackle breaking ability but lacks that top end speed. I'm unsure about his effectiveness at 1st grade level, maybe similar to a CT? I think his best position is wing.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Loko & LKT are special talents. Loko is already a gun in PCM & RM, his defence is great too. Bends his back in the tackle to nail the attacker. He nailed one bloke & then gave it to him too. Love the aggro. LKT has become comfortable with the pace of NSW cup & is now starting to dominate with his attack. Both guys should get some games in 1st grade next year. Both players have great defences already.

Bird was okay, too many crabby sideways runs & ball hogging to stifle our attack. Tamale is a very strong winger with his great tackle breaking ability but lacks that top end speed. I'm unsure about his effectiveness at 1st grade level, maybe similar to a CT? I think his best position is wing.
Hope you are right. A good big prop and good 5/8 along with Val Holmes, I'm backing the team for top 4 next year.

Eric

Staff

NSW Cup Round 23 vs Canterbury​

Jersey Flegg Round 23 vs Canterbury​

1. Jack Bird
  2. Savelio Tamale
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Hayden Buchanan
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Lyhkan King-Togia
  7. Jonah Glover
  8. Josh Coric
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Loko Jnr Pasifiki Tonga
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Alec Tuitavake

14. Haele Finau
  15. Hamish Stewart
  16. Viliami Fifita
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Thomas Freebairn
  1. Ben Rumble
  2. Tom Kirk
  3. Cyrus Stanley-Traill
  4. Campbell Watchirs
  5. Jesse Williams
  6. Nick Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jett Liu
  9. Isaiah Fagalilo
  10. Jacob Webster
  11. Nicholas Tsougranis
  12. Jack Quinn
  13. Finau Latu

14. Kyan Hjaltason
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Toby Miller
  17. Jacob Halangahu

18. Kye Wright
  • Even though it was a good win in NRL last week, I remember the debacle last time Dragons played Grubs and lost Bird early on forcing Eisenhuth to fill in at centre and have an all-time shocker.

• #10 and #6 going from strength to strength. Now we need #4 to complete the trifecta. Is #15 also pencilled in for the top 30 next year? #11 is and needs to offer a bit more than he has been. Might be able to train as a middle forward over the off season.
  • So-so win last week but that makes 4 in a row and Bullgrubs are near the top of the table. Hopefully they have a number of SG Ball players who are psychologically damaged after the SG Ball GF.

• I believe #17 was supposed to be playing in the schoolboys cup today. Hopefully he got through it unscathed and is ready to go on Saturday morning.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

NSW Cup Round 23 vs Canterbury​

Jersey Flegg Round 23 vs Canterbury​

1. Jack Bird
  2. Savelio Tamale
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Hayden Buchanan
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Lyhkan King-Togia
  7. Jonah Glover
  8. Josh Coric
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Loko Jnr Pasifiki Tonga
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Alec Tuitavake

14. Haele Finau
  15. Hamish Stewart
  16. Viliami Fifita
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Thomas Freebairn
  1. Ben Rumble
  2. Tom Kirk
  3. Cyrus Stanley-Traill
  4. Campbell Watchirs
  5. Jesse Williams
  6. Nick Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jett Liu
  9. Isaiah Fagalilo
  10. Jacob Webster
  11. Nicholas Tsougranis
  12. Jack Quinn
  13. Finau Latu

14. Kyan Hjaltason
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Toby Miller
  17. Jacob Halangahu

18. Kye Wright
  • Even though it was a good win in NRL last week, I remember the debacle last time Dragons played Grubs and lost Bird early on forcing Eisenhuth to fill in at centre and have an all-time shocker.

• #10 and #6 going from strength to strength. Now we need #4 to complete the trifecta. Is #15 also pencilled in for the top 30 next year? #11 is and needs to offer a bit more than he has been. Might be able to train as a middle forward over the off season.
  • So-so win last week but that makes 4 in a row and Bullgrubs are near the top of the table. Hopefully they have a number of SG Ball players who are psychologically damaged after the SG Ball GF.

• I believe #17 was supposed to be playing in the schoolboys cup today. Hopefully he got through it unscathed and is ready to go on Saturday morning.

Hamish and Dylan top 30 next year.

Watched Jake in Cup today he looked good after his rest. He will play limited minutes in Flegg he needs to get in a few game to qualify for finals.
Likewise Loko, Hayden and LKT have to be managed to qualify for Flegg if they make it and Cup doesn't.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Fifita & AlecT dropping back in will be a huge boost.. if MMolo drops back that would be an incredible pack for NSW Cup.

But this is such a big week, dogs r very strong in all 3 grades, and nsw cup and flegg are hanging on by a thread...

Eric

Staff
Fifita & AlecT dropping back in will be a huge boost.. if MMolo drops back that would be an incredible pack for NSW Cup.

But this is such a big week, dogs r very strong in all 3 grades, and nsw cup and flegg are hanging on by a thread...
Fifita and Alec T are both names in NSW Cup. Are they on the extended bench for first grade?

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Fifita and Alec T are both names in NSW Cup. Are they on the extended bench for first grade?
thats what i mean, both were missing (believe it was suspension / injury) and it really stretched the forwards for the cup side on the weekend, though Tonga stepped up really well with his opportunity. 1 more week to get *Toby back also.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
thats what i mean, both were missing (believe it was suspension / injury) and it really stretched the forwards for the cup side on the weekend, though Tonga stepped up really well with his opportunity. 1 more week to get Alex back also.
Alex who?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Would love to have both of them in the 17.
For all the accolades Flanno is getting, I know it's hypothetical but I think the team would be in a better position if both were in the 17 from round 1.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yar I think Toby has had a rly good amount of games for his age and development, Ryan could have done with a few more when he was 18th man etc.. but if flanno is up for running 2 of them, then Ryan might play the rest of the season. Its essentially Lawrie vs Ryan now that BMM is gone for the season, and we may have more injuries to come ofcourse.

Before this year started.. I had no concept that this squad could possibly be sitting in the 8 at this point of the year.. and Flanno will be picking what he thinks is his strongest side from here.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sometimes its best to do a proper apprenticeship, i think spending half the year or so, is more benefit to them, then playing limited minutes off the bench
I understand it's hypothetical but in my opinion, they did their apprenticeship last year. As for playing limited minutes, possibly their strongest point is being able to maintain high quality for a long time. Would be able to carry a utility on the bench if they were in the 17.