OUR NEW HEAD COACH COMES HOME.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This , the kid was duded , Flanno shafted him knowing his son was coming ........ Bingo ....... Flanno's second mistake , his first was crawling up Hunts backside and keeping him on as captain ....... I can go with his son coming over , But the Hunt thing is going to come back and bite us , especially once the loses start happening ....... I hope I'm proven wrong .........
Agree completely! Flanno Jnr on a low wage and as a backup isn't bad. Should have been a backup in case Sullivan wasn't up to it and Hunt should have been let go.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Have we acquired any decent first grade forwards.?
I don't think it's a priority anymore. We have JDB, Lawrie and Su'a and coming through the grades, ready for first grade or almost ready are:
  • Couchman x 2.
  • Shereb and Coric have been around first grade for a while now without making their debut yet.
  • Fifita is highly regarded.
  • Corey Ackers, Dylan Egan and Nick Tsougranis are very highly regarded and if not next year, will surely be ready in 2025.
  • Just a bit younger than the above still are Finau Latu, Jacob Halangahu and Loko Tonga.
So 11 very promising young forwards on the cusp on NRL.

We need spine players! I hope Flanno can work some magic with Sloan. Keep the talent in attack and fix his defence. Liddle is 'honest'. Not the worst #9 but far from the best. Even if Hunt gets his form back and stays the next 2 seasons, still need a replacement after that. And Kyle Flanagan..... hope he plays for his old man much better than he played at his last 3 clubs.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This , the kid was duded , Flanno shafted him knowing his son was coming ........ Bingo ....... Flanno's second mistake , his first was crawling up Hunts backside and keeping him on as captain ....... I can go with his son coming over , But the Hunt thing is going to come back and bite us , especially once the loses start happening ....... I hope I'm proven wrong .........
Just wait for him excel at the Tigers while Kyle screws up for us.

I haven't watched Kyle much but from what I've seen, he has very little upside to add to his game.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just wait for him excel at the Tigers while Kyle screws up for us.

I haven't watched Kyle much but from what I've seen, he has very little upside to add to his game.
Yes unfortunately Flanno Jr. Is a Reserve grader at best....but maybe Kyle can fill a hole until we acquire top tier 5/8?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yes unfortunately Flanno Jr. Is a Reserve grader at best....but maybe Kyle can fill a hole until we acquire top tier 5/8?

Why couldn't Drew Hutchison have done that? Fill in until we can fill the spot permanently? I don't think Flanno jnr is NSW Cup standard.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's obvious, blood runs deeper than water
Don't blame him for it but someone at the club above Flanno should tell him, "no".
Lets see how this thing plays out. There are 3 high profile 5/8s on the market now. How hard is the club chasing?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Was a god interview but interviewer didn't ask any questions abut Kyle and once again Flanno dismissed any notion Lomax could get a chance at 5/8. Why would he rule it out?
You mean good interview? I don't we can call Flanno a god yet. Thought there wasn't much in the interview. A bit of Hunt, a bit of Sloan, a bit of Lomax and a bit of rebuilding.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Was a god interview but interviewer didn't ask any questions abut Kyle and once again Flanno dismissed any notion Lomax could get a chance at 5/8. Why would he rule it out?
I say because Zac does not have an organizing brain. To some it comes natural, not to others. I see Zac, as does Flanagan, as more the beneficiary from good organization. It is all about the best way to utilize your given skills. He says he is still tossing up whether Zac will play fullback next season, but he is training there and will play there in the pre season. I read it that he still rates Sloan as the best long term f/b option.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I say because Zac does not have an organizing brain. To some it comes natural, not to others. I see Zac, as does Flanagan, as more the beneficiary from good organization. It is all about the best way to utilize your given skills. He says he is still tossing up whether Zac will play fullback next season, but he is training there and will play there in the pre season. I read it that he still rates Sloan as the best long term f/b option.
He has ball skills and would certainly tighten up the defence. But think he might need a really good organising halfback which Hunt isn't.

I'm all for Sloan getting first crack at fullback but any more episodes of that pathetic defence should result in automatic dropping.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So Sloan is already back doing contact work? I know they sometimes come back early but the original forecast was that he would be back after the Christmas break.
Syndesmosis 6 weeks return to running is standard. Ty is still in a wrist brace so non contact. Session is more about position and counting numbers.