Promising Juniors Thread.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I caught up with a very old mate of mine who is still involved with my beloved Dragons at a junior level in admin. Remember these two names, both are props and both barring injuries will don the big red V in the coming years. Loko Tonga and Jet Liu, 2025/2026. I was fortunate enough to watch Tonga play in the local U18 comp here on the Gold Coast, then he signed for the Ipswich Jets. The Titans had targeted him but we signed him. The engine room is still in the garage being fine tuned but if these two can turn promising into actual there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel.
Just wish they'd be playing first grade next year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just wish they'd be playing first grade next year.
Perhaps, especially young Toga they actually bloodied him in the last 2 games last season in our reserves. This kid was a giant playing in the U18 for Ormeau . I believe by 2026 our pack will consist of a lot of islanders. I have heard good things about Finau Latu and Jacob Halangahu. Injuries barring we just need to keep the faith for a couple of seasons more and of course retain them.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Flegg and Cup squads are in the Lower Grades thread.
I have heard very promising reports about 4 juniors, Loco Tonga, Jet Liu, Finau Latu and Jacob Halangahu. Have you heard of them or seen them play. I watch young Toga here on the Gold Coast a few years ago he looked promising.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I have heard very promising reports about 4 juniors, Loco Tonga, Jet Liu, Finau Latu and Jacob Halangahu. Have you heard of them or seen them play. I watch young Toga here on the Gold Coast a few years ago he looked promising.
I know them all, have watched them play plenty of times and have had conversions with them all.
I rate Finau as the best prospect.
Loko is progressing well.
Jake is a great player, his size and build makes me think he will end up in the middle.
Jett has not really stood out and he is the only one out of the 4 that doesn't have a long term contract.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I know them all, have watched them play plenty of times and have had conversions with them all.
Jake is a great player, his size and build makes me think he will end up in the middle.
Jett has not really stood out and he is the only one out of the 4 that doesn't have a long term contract.
Finau is a prop, isn't he?

To me Hamish Stewart is just a tremendous athlete. And has skills too.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Only one I know little about. But Flanno must rate him as he signaled him among our most promising juniors to have a crack in pre season teams. Among the other 10 players are Finau Latu, Loko Jr, Hayden Buchanan, Hamish Stewart, Kade Reed and Ben Rumble. All these boys are either 17 or 18.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Only one I know little about. But Flanno must rate him as he signaled him among our most promising juniors to have a crack in pre season teams. Among the other 10 players are Finau Latu, Loko Jr, Hayden Buchanan, Hamish Stewart, Kade Reed and Ben Rumble. All these boys are either 17 or 18.
Hamish and Ben are 19 turning 20 next season and will play Flegg

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Any prospect of any of them playing a significant amount of first grade next year? Not just a cameo late in the season when finals are no longer possible.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Loko Tonga and Jet Liu,
Loko Jr, Finau Latu and Jacob Halangahu were among the best for the recent Aussie Schoolboys Test. Three power packs with some ball skills too, specially the giant Loko Jr who set up their last try with the deftness of an accomplished play maker. This trio could be Dragon super stars once they fully mature. Both Finau and Jacob hailing from the strong Sydney Patrician Bros school nursery.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A little bit of Ben in action

Ben is good on his feet. Who threw the pass that put the flying #12 into a yawning gap, Quinn or Ward. That is the type of deft ball skills we need from our halves in waiting.

The Rumble kick worked but it may not have and he had an unmarked Nick Quinn on the inside. Boy this kid has pace too. Was this '23 Flegg?

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Ben is good on his feet. Who threw the pass that put the flying #12 into a yawning gap, Quinn or Ward. That is the type of deft ball skills we need from out halves in waiting.

The Rumble kick worked but it may not have and he had an unmarked Nick Quinn on the inside. Boy this kid has pace too. This was Flegg?
Big as well. After Dufty, Ramsey and now Sloan, really like a fullback who can run over the top of opposition players.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ben is good on his feet. Who threw the pass that put the flying #12 into a yawning gap, Quinn or Ward. That is the type of deft ball skills we need from our halves in waiting.

The Rumble kick worked but it may not have and he had an unmarked Nick Quinn on the inside. Boy this kid has pace too. Was this '23 Flegg?
Quinn threw pass
Ward was backing up on inside.
Flegg