Promising Juniors Thread.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
T
Stockwell played for the New South Wales Residents against the Queensland Residents in 2012 he was named at prop in the 2012 New South Wales Cup Team of the Year. Later capping off a great year with inclusion for the Junior Kangaroos against the Junior Kiwis.

He makes a good example for your argument. I now recall Stockwell. Was always pushing for him to produce more than he did.
They need that eye of the tiger🐯...if they do not have that....they can't rise to a fitness level...(hence Stockwell) that will hold them in good stead in first grade.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
T

They need that eye of the tiger🐯...if they do not have that....they can't rise to a fitness level...(hence Stockwell) that will hold them in good stead in first grade.
Eddie Blacker is another who dominated in the lower grades but for one reason or another, couldn't make it in the NRL. Though it seems the club never really rated Blacker. Stockwell was supposed to become one of the best props in the competition.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I get confused with some of those names. Is Finau Latu the hooker and older brother of Sione Finau? Maybe they got the first and last name mixed up? TBH, from what I saw of him in the lower grades, thought he might have had the edge on Connor.

Good to see the club has time for Shereb and Coric.

I think the club already said Nick Tsougranis was going to be in the supplementary list. Maybe he's already being considered for promotion.
Haele Finau is the brother he may still get a T&T contract.

Finau Latu is 17 and plays lock, he was also picked in the NSW blues 17 side but Flano wanted him at pre season training.

Don't know where you seen that about Nick but he is not getting a promotion.
Our supplementary list is full, Nick, Loko and Finau will move into the sup list in 25 when other players have moved up or on.
They will be top 30 in 26.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jake Halangahu playing in NSW blues under 17 tomorrow at Blacktown V Warrington.
Just rewatchd the match. Jacob showed power hitting it up and did his fair share in defense.Tho on the edge and playing full minutes he was always looking to be involved. Only 17, so has some more growing to do. Already has legs like tree stumps, so will probably be a hulking prop in the ilk of AFB when he fully matures.

Blues boys had too much class across the field for the tackle shy Pommies. Stand outs were, Jacob, starting bookends, Hopgood/Lemoto, bench forward Laiafi, wingman Wald, centres McLean/Williams, while the halves Rodwell/Woods were sharp with decent kick and running games but never took charge of the team. Lock Zac Fittler, is I expect Freddies son.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Cyrus Stanley-Traill has signed a pathways contract till 26.
Cyrus is a forward and will play SG for Dragons.
He is Chase and Kyle nephew
If he can survive 2 or 3 games without getting a major injury, he's coming from good stock.

Such a shame about those 2. Very talented but last I heard they had some kind of genetic defect in the knees.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It's great to see the club giving more of our juniors a taste of pre season with the top squad. t
This week it was Aston Ward, half and Wes Pring FB both 19yo from our Flegg squad.
What do you think about the prospects of these two in regards to playing first grade? When if ever can we hope to see them in first grade? HAlfback is without question a position we will lack in, in 2026 at worst, maybe 2025. And fullback depends on how Sloan tackles so who knows what will happen.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
What do you think about the prospects of these two in regards to playing first grade? When if ever can we hope to see them in first grade? HAlfback is without question a position we will lack in, in 2026 at worst, maybe 2025. And fullback depends on how Sloan tackles so who knows what will happen.
I think Wes is too small to make it.
Ash is down the line, could make a solid back up half.
Kade Reed is the next half to watch, he has been impressive at training has a great step on him.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Wes is too small to make it.
Ash is down the line, could make a solid back up half.
Kade Reed is the next half to watch, he has been impressive at training has a great step on him.
Is Kade Reed in the Flegg team next season? Or is it still too early to call it this season?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Trial results
Steelers beat Dragons in a close Matts game.
In SG Dragons won with a try on the bell.
Both sides were missing about 5 or 6 players.
Tyler Peckham-Harris is f*cking tiny but was the standout, along with Jake H and Ryan Hutchinson.
For Steelers Aaymon Fitzgibbon and Bailey Marks stood out.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Trial results
Steelers beat Dragons in a close Matts game.
In SG Dragons won with a try on the bell.
Both sides were missing about 5 or 6 players.
Tyler Peckham-Harris is ****ing tiny but was the standout, along with Jake H and Ryan Hutchinson.
For Steelers Aaymon Fitzgibbon and Bailey Marks stood out.
Just wondering, is the club wise to have Aaymon Fitzgibbon in its junior teams? If the hype around him makes it to the big league, won't be jump ship to the Scumula Sharks first chance he gets?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Shaun Timmins has earned his first head coaching job and will look after the Illawarra SG Ball Cup team. Congrats and good luck Shaun!
I was a huge fan as a player. Wasn't he the centre partner for Mary when he first started in first grade? I remember at the time there were big wraps on Mary, and rightly so, but first time I saw Timmins play, I thought he was even better. And he turned out to be for a while. Shame about those knees.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Cyrus Stanley-Traill has signed a pathways contract till 26.
Till '27 actually.

The deal will see the 17-year-old begin training with the top squad in 2025, then upgraded to a development deal in 2026 before being promoted to Top 30 in 2027.

Another St George Junior, Hurstville United.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Fair to say we have a plethora of young forward prospects on our books, Webster, Loko Jr, Halangahu, Latu, Egan, Ackers, now Stanley-Traill. Cant say the same about our junior backs. Dont hear too many contract extensions for them, even for Tamale and Sione Finau.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
To my knowledge Jett Liu has been with us for two years, yet other than that he is a prop and played 7 Ressie games last season, little is known of him. Yet to see him play and the only time I have seen him is in pre season training pics. He hails from the Riverina and played in the Laurie Daley Cup, I know that much history about him before he joined us..

Last edited: