Promising Juniors Thread.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Steelers SG Ball.

There is talent right across the park in this squad. After a disappointing last season I think there will be a big improvement next year under Timmo.

Halves battle
LKT soft hands and a good tackler is at the top. Eden Hodges and Clay Baldock next up.
The younger pairing of Kade Reed and Aaymon Fitzgibbon could also impress.
I like the look of Aaymon all arms and legs like his dad, could end up a Cleary type build.

Harry Wililo and Tom Kirk both over 6"² along with the Rumble give us height coming thru in the back 3.

My players to shine are Hayden Buchanan and Daniel Meafou a solid 13 that tackles old school.
Lyhkan King-Togia is still SG Ball age!!?? He spent almost all of last year in Flegg and as far as I remember, played a few games of NSW Cup.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Steelers SG Ball.

There is talent right across the park in this squad. After a disappointing last season I think there will be a big improvement next year under Timmo.

Halves battle
LKT soft hands and a good tackler is at the top. Eden Hodges and Clay Baldock next up.
The younger pairing of Kade Reed and Aaymon Fitzgibbon could also impress.
I like the look of Aaymon all arms and legs like his dad, could end up a Cleary type build.

Harry Wililo and Tom Kirk both over 6"² along with the Rumble s give us height coming thru in the back 3.

My players to shine are Hayden Buchanan and Daniel Meafou a solid 13 that tackles old school.
Lucas Borg! What a name.
Star Trek Borg GIF

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
St George juniors also make up Dragons players and the '24 Ball squad is chocka with power and talent. Leading the way are the three Junior Kangaroos (Schoolboys) Jacob Halangahu, Finau Latu and Loko Jr. As if that trio dont send shivers thru oppositions, add the pocket battleship Corey Ackers. I expect all four to jump to Flegg after their Ball season ends. Directing play from dummy half will be newcomers Angus Clark and Isaiah Fagalilo. Leading the team round the park will be second season 5/8 Shadi Hammoud, while Jesse Williams and Lyric Craft-Te Moananui add sheer pace in the three-quarters..click on Te Moananui.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
St George SG Ball 2024 (train on squad).

Corey Ackers, David Afu, Peter Assaf, Ralph Binge, Ratu Cayuqueo, Angus Clark, Zachary Coom, Lyric Craft-Temoananui, Omar Dennoui, Uchenna Egbu, Isaiah Fagalilo, Ben Geary, Jett Grimmond, Jacob Halangahu, Shadi Hammoud, Hudson Harmer, Viliami Hikila, Lennox Jensen, Mitchell Langley, Finau Latu, Zac Nachar, Xavier Ndaira, John O’Leary, Tyler Peckham Harris, Jonty Perestrelo, Risiate Smythe, Cyrus Stanley Trail, Ethan Strickland, Tukia Taufa, Brandon Tikanau, Loko Tonga, Jesse Williams, Cooper Wooley, Harley Yates

Last edited:

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Played middle came of the bench.

Supplementary List replaces development players and the are eligible from round 1.

Finau Latu was the lock Jake played edge.
So Flanno thinks these young blokes might be ready from round 1? That's very promising and I guess explains why the club seemingly isn't being linked to anymore forwards on the market.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Great to see so many young players given the opportunity to train with the top 30 boys.

supplementary list players​

Corey Ackers, Josh Coric, Dylan Egan, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Hamish Stewart

train and trial players​

Hayden Buchanan, Finau Latu, Jett Liu, Lyhkan King-Togia, Loko Pasifiki Tonga, Kade Reed, Nick Tsougranis, Jacob Webster

Attachments

• 231102_dra_training-094.jpg
    231102_dra_training-094.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Great to see so many young players given the opportunity to train with the top 30 boys.

supplementary list players​

Corey Ackers, Josh Coric, Dylan Egan, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Hamish Stewart

train and trial players​

Hayden Buchanan, Finau Latu, Jett Liu, Lyhkan King-Togia, Loko Pasifiki Tonga, Kade Reed, Nick Tsougranis, Jacob Webster
Train and trial = above supplementary list in the race for first grade or below? Or neither?

Seems a few of the supplementary list has been around for a while now. Shereb, Coric and Muhleisen. Now or never for those 3.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Train and trial = above supplementary list in the race for first grade or below? Or neither?

Seems a few of the supplementary list has been around for a while now. Shereb, Coric and Muhleisen. Now or never for those 3.
Supplementary list replaces Development, those players are fulltime on around 100k a year. They are eligible to play FG from round 1 so no need to promote them to top 30. In effective we have a 36 man roster.

Train and trial are part time and paid weekly around a grand a week while they are with the top squad. Some of the boys will only do pre season and then back to lower grades other will train the whole season. They can play FG from round 11
Some will have lower grade contacts too 10 to 20 k.
Figures are just average to give you and idea.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Supplementary list replaces Development, those players are fulltime on around 100k a year. They are eligible to play FG from round 1 so no need to promote them to top 30. In effective we have a 36 man roster.

Train and trial are part time and paid weekly around a grand a week while they are with the top squad. Some of the boys will only do pre season and then back to lower grades other will train the whole season. They can play FG from round 11
Some will have lower grade contacts too 10 to 20 k.
Figures are just average to give you and idea.
I get confused with some of those names. Is Finau Latu the hooker and older brother of Sione Finau? Maybe they got the first and last name mixed up? TBH, from what I saw of him in the lower grades, thought he might have had the edge on Connor.

Good to see the club has time for Shereb and Coric.

I think the club already said Nick Tsougranis was going to be in the supplementary list. Maybe he's already being considered for promotion.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I get confused with some of those names. Is Finau Latu the hooker and older brother of Sione Finau? Maybe they got the first and last name mixed up? TBH, from what I saw of him in the lower grades, thought he might have had the edge on Connor.

I think the club already said Nick Tsougranis was going to be in the supplementary list. Maybe he's already being considered for promotion.
Nope. Name is just an interesting coincidence.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

You are thinking of Haele Finau. Not sure if he's still on the books.