Promising Juniors Thread.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Round 1 done and dusted. Our SG Ball teams U19s results were:
St George District Dragons 26 - Penrith 24. A try in the very last minute saw the Dragons overcome one of the competition favourites down 16 - 0
We were up 16 nil Williams with the first 2 tries.

Shadi was a standout. Hutchinson was huge again, played 62min and has been rewarded with a 2 year contract. Not top 30.
Finau showed class, we are in for a big fight to extend him come Nov.

For Steelers Reed took a while to click but stood out once he did with a try a assists.
Daniel Meafou again stood out and is a name for the future.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Shadi was a standout. Hutchinson was huge again, played 62min and has been rewarded with a 2 year contract. Not top 30.

For Steelers Reed took a while to click but stood out once he did with a try a assists.

Finau the winger or hooker? Is the hooker still on the books?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

If my mail is correct young Savelio Tamale will definitely be pulling on the big red v this season and in the centres. Have you heard or seen anything to the contrary?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If my mail is correct young Savelio Tamale will definitely be pulling on the big red v this season and in the centres. Have you heard or seen anything to the contrary?
If Finau is on one wing, Egan in the backow, suddenly we'll have a surplus of good outside backs and backrowers.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Finau the winger or hooker? Is the hooker still on the books?
As in Finau Latu the 13 he threw the last pass.
If you are talking about Haele he is in our cup Squad.
From what I've seen the complete opposite to your mail.
Sav has spent the whole time on the wing in opposed session, most of it in reserves side with Max and Hayden in centres. He has had a few runs in first on the wing.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Sav has spent the whole time on the wing in opposed session, most of it in reserves side with Max and Hayden in centres. He has had a few runs in first on the wing.
Is he overrated? I saw him in just a couple of NSW Cup games last season and in the U19s Origin game and thought he was an absolute gun.

How about the winger Finau?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Ok I will try and confirm my info. Apparently he is highly rated by the coach.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg

Latu is a must keep, i assume Panthers want him back, probably roosters and dogs sniffing around, is he happy at the Dragons or is his manager trying to get him a better deal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Ok my mail is that young Tamale is a centre he will be be in the 17 sometime this season sooner rather than later. I believe that the Bird in the centre gamble won't pay off and I would expect Tamale to take that spot. Also my mail is that Rav has re signed until 2026 and the wing spot is his barring injuries. I've also been informed that the coach has been concentrating heavily on our defensive structures and fitness levels. This should ensure that we no longer leak on an avg 28 points a game and the team should be competing for the full 80 mins instead of the current 65 minutes which augurs well for us on paper, but as you would be well aware football isn't played on paper.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He was promoted into the top 30 despite being a teenager so the club obviously sees something good in him.
I dont get over excited these days because of our recent poor retention and recruitment but I have been watching him since he left that other game and in my humble opinion this kid with the right mentoring and natural talent, barring injuries can not only play for the sky blues in years to come but also pull on a kangaroos jersey. He does need to work much harder on his defence because his tackling efficiency rate isn't up to 1st grade standards yet.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That was another outstanding prospect playing lock, Finau Latu. That is a wonderful pass from a lock forward linking as a 2nd 5/8 in a backline , something that I have wanted to see from JDB.
It's also got to do, as you always say, a prop or hard running forward getting the team on the front foot to make that pass possible.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's also got to do, as you always say, a prop or hard running forward getting the team on the front foot to make that pass possible.
Honestly since I became involved in 1970 the basics of good RL hasn't changed that much. Your bookends make or surpass the advantage line, fall forwards onto their stomach when tackled, get up as quickly as possible whilst the opposition defensive line is backpedalling and not moving forward in a straight line clear the ruck area with a quick crisp pass from your dummy half and take advantage of the opportunities that you have created. Hold onto the ball. Simples.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ok my mail is that young Tamale is a centre he will be be in the 17 sometime this season sooner rather than later. I believe that the Bird in the centre gamble won't pay off and I would expect Tamale to take that spot. Also my mail is that Rav has re signed until 2026
I don't understand what you mean by "my mail"
Something you read or heard or was told.
I just post what i have seen, I know Tamale is a centre but every opposed session this year including today and fridays scrimmage he has been in the wing. When Bird fails do you not think Lomax would move from the wing to centre, if that is where he is playing.
Again with the my mail, Ravalawa extended to 26 six months ago and was announced by the club.

The winning try for those who have fb access
For those without FB I've posted the video above.