Promising Juniors Thread.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't understand what you mean by "my mail"
Something you read or heard or was told.
I just post what i have seen, I know Tamale is a centre but every opposed session this year including today and fridays scrimmage he has been in the wing. When Bird fails do you not think Lomax would move from the wing to centre, if that is where he is playing.
Again with the my mail, Ravalawa extended to 26 six months ago and was announced by the club.

For those without FB I've posted the video above.
Thats fine, Im not arguing what you have actually witnessed. I wasn't aware Rav had been re signed, Im not sure if others knew. All I am saying is that we have the ability through either loss of form or injuries in our backline to blood young Tamale. There is a train of thought in regards to the fb/ wing interchange option with Lomax/ Sloan. To my eye, and based on the players statistics it wouldn't surprise me to see both Bird and Flanagan not being up to scratch, and or Sloan defensive frailties not improving. If any of those issues happens to eventuate all I'm saying, all is not lost. We have young depth in our 30 man roster. I have high hopes for Tamale and another young fella Sione Finau. I'd like to see both given a shot in their preferred positions this season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That was Ryan Hutchinson with the run and yes good coaches will tell you the try is set up 2 or 3 rucks before.
Very promising from the limited views I have seen of him but I loved the fact of when eventually tackled how quickly he rose to his feet and played the ball, those actions were pivotal to allowing the young hb the opportunity to accelerate and take on the line in their red zone. Good team try well coached and structured.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Thats fine, Im not arguing what you have actually witnessed. I wasn't aware Rav had been re signed, Im not sure if others knew. All I am saying is that we have the ability through either loss of form or injuries in our backline to blood young Tamale. There is a train of thought in regards to the fb/ wing interchange option with Lomax/ Sloan. To my eye, and based on the players statistics it wouldn't surprise me to see both Bird and Flanagan not being up to scratch, and or Sloan defensive frailties not improving. If any of those issues happens to eventuate all I'm saying, all is not lost. We have young depth in our 30 man roster. I have high hopes for Tamale and another young fella Sione Finau. I'd like to see both given a shot in their preferred positions this season.
That's better, happy to read your opinions and agree with a lot of it but there is no guarantee on team selections no matter what your mail is.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Very promising from the limited views I have seen of him but I loved the fact of when eventually tackled how quickly he rose to his feet and played the ball, those actions were pivotal to allowing the young hb the opportunity to accelerate and take on the line in their red zone. Good team try well coached and structured.
As I said above Basil signed him up for 2 years last week on the back of his good form.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As I said above Basil signed him up for 2 years last week on the back of his good form.
Who is Basil?

BTW how are Coric and Shereb been going? Been big wraps on these 2 for a few years now. Especially Shereb hasn't filled me with optimism. Big and fast but somehow seems not to bother the defence a lot.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Who is Basil?

BTW how are Coric and Shereb been going? Been big wraps on these 2 for a few years now. Especially Shereb hasn't filled me with optimism. Big and fast but somehow seems not to bother the defence a lot.
Sorry I'm always getting picked up on using nicknames
Ian Millward

Coric is interesting missed the season and missed a opportunity, he is more in the Blocka mould and there is not room in the team for 2, I'd say he's slipped down the order a bit.

Shereb is a wasted talent seems lazy and drifts in and out of games, maybe Flanno can unlock him but I would say another that has slipped down the list.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who is Basil?

Basil is the nickname for Ian Millward the Dragons director of pathways

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ian Millward

Coric is interesting missed the season and missed a opportunity, he is more in the Blocka mould and there is not room in the team for 2, I'd say he's slipped down the order a bit.

Shereb is a wasted talent seems lazy and drifts in and out of games, maybe Flanno can unlock him but I would say another that has slipped down the list.
Do you have any news on how young Tuitavake is coming along?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ian Millward

In your opinion may one of the reasons why these two and others having not lived up to their talents was because of the previous culture and discipline within the team and club?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ian Millward

That's the impression I've always gotten as well. He's shown he has ability but shows it not nearly enough.

Eric

Staff
Ian Millward

That's the impression I've always gotten as well. He's shown he has ability but shows it not nearly enough.
Oh well, at least we have Egan.

Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan, you think Coric is slipping down the order? What do you think his major issues are? Always seemed to me to be plenty skillful, can tackle and big enough. I was concerned about his stamina and, TBH, whether he would be tough enough to play prop in the open age group.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Ian Millward

Why isn't there room for Lawrie and Coric in the 17? I know Flanno is big on different kinds of "body types". I know they have similar body types though I think Coric is bigger, but Coric from what I've been told is much more skillful. Not just a prop to run hard for 50~60min.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Why isn't there room for Lawrie and Coric in the 17? I know Flanno is big on different kinds of "body types". I know they have similar body types though I think Coric is bigger, but Coric from what I've been told is much more skillful. Not just a prop to run hard for 50~60min.
Things will be much clearer after the CS.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hi guys, i posted this on another site, this is just the Dragons juniors, will do Illawarra next week, when i get a chance, feel free to let me know where there are errors or missing info.

DRAGONS SG BALL CUP SQUAD 2024Previous JNR Club, School.Position
Corey AckersDragons JNR +Arncliffe Scotts + Fairfield Patrician BrothersLock, Prop
David AfuPanthers 2021-23centre
Peter AssafBulldogsWing
Ratu CayuqueoParramatta
Angus ClarkWagga Wagga, Riverina BullsHooker
Lyric Craft-Te MoananuiWest Tigers in 2021centre
Uchenna EgbuNewtown jnr?wing
Isaiah FagaliloBurleigh Bear QLDHooker
Ben GearyNewcastle + Nth Coast BulldogsWing
Jacob HalangahuPenrith2nd row
Shadi HammoudDragons JNRFive-Eighth
Hudson HarmerNth Coast BulldogsHooker
Viliami HikilaSharks +Endeavour Sports High & Westfield Sports HighPROP, 2nd ROW
Ryan HutchinsonKeebra Park High School QLDPROP
Lennox JensenNth Coast Bulldogs??
Mitchell LangleyDragons JNR + RenownLock
Finau LatuPenrith JNR + Patrician Brothers FairfieldLock
Campbell LyonsNarrandera + Illawarra Steelers
Zac NacharDragons JNRWing/Fullback/6
Xavier NdairaDragons JNRHooker
Loko Pasifiki TongaBankstown Bulls + Ipswich High QLDProp
Tyler Peckham-HarrisIpswich High QLDFullback
Risiate SmytheDragons JNRProp
Cyrus Stanley-TraillBulldogs +Endeavour Sports High2nd row
Brandon TikanauTitans1/2back