Promising Juniors Thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Good solid win by our SG Ball team against the Storm in Melbourne 24 - 10, that speed machine Jesse Williams with a double. Moves up back up to 2nd behind the rorters with the Steelers 3rd after 5 rounds

Coming back from last week shows character as well as ability.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Steelers lost in the SG ball but not as bad as it seems. Penriff got out to an 18 point lead before our boys realised they were in a game. From that point, Illawarra won but the comeback wasn't enough.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I was away on weekend so need to catch up on junior games.
A 6th try by Daniel Meafou, he would of saved as many as he has scored. All round skills.
He has a older brother who played rep before a serious knee injury
Younger brother CJ is a standout in Matt too.
His dad played AFL and grandfather played for Steelers.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A 6th try by Daniel Meafou, he would of saved as many as he has scored. All round skills.

Boy do we have a crop of promising emerging back rowers. Daniel looks a beast and joins the list with Halangahu, Latu, Stewart, Ackers, Egan, Tsgrannis, Stanley-Trail, or is he a prop. Shame that some of these boys will be either poached or let go.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Boy do we have a crop of promising emerging back rowers. Daniel looks a beast and joins the list with Halangahu, Latu, Stewart, Ackers, Egan, Tsgrannis, Stanley-Trail, or is he a prop. Shame that some of these boys will be either poached or let go.
Ackers is a prop, isn't he?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Very smart play using the defender who was offside as a shield, lovely step for a forward and then the dummy, very intelligent eyes up play. That is potential in a nutshell . The issue is to continue to learn and grow, and take that next step. Another rugby convert.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Very smart play using the defender who was offside as a shield, lovely step for a forward and then the dummy, very intelligent eyes up play. That is potential in a nutshell . The issue is to continue to learn and grow, and take that next step. Another rugby convert.
Looks big as well.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Dragons SG went down to competition leaders Rooster.
They are missing Shadi who should be back next week
TPH laid on a double for Jesse
Jake H suffered a head injury.
Toby Rodwell is one junior we will regret losing.

Last edited:

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Steelers ball with a good win over in NZ.
NSWRL app is a bit off, we were behind by 2 with 5 to go.
Will catch up on game later
Big game next week Dragons Steelers

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

I've spoken about Kyan Hjaltason No9 before, I've been impressed with his progress this year.
He'll be part of the NRL pre-season next year.

If Sloan stays in his upward trajectory and 2 of Nicholas Quinn, Ashton Ward and Lyhkan King-Togia go on to become the players we hope and then this bloke who almost seems a lock for me. Only injury can derail him. The near future is very bright.

Eric

Staff

I've spoken about Kyan Hjaltason No9 before, I've been impressed with his progress this year.
He'll be part of the NRL pre-season next year.

From the limited amount I've seen of him, he reminds me of Cameron Smith. They way he seems to go about his business without trying too hard and exhausting himself. Do you think the club sees him as an 80min player or is that era over for hookers?
If Sloan stays in his upward trajectory and 2 of Nicholas Quinn, Ashton Ward and Lyhkan King-Togia go on to become the players we hope and then this bloke who almost seems a lock for me. Only injury can derail him. The near future is very bright.
Lets keep calm for now. It seemed only yesterday Sullivan and Amone were going to be our 10+ years halves pairing. And before that, Cameron King and Kyle Stanley were going to keep us in the promised land for the foreseeable future. But I agree these guys we are talking about now seem still more promising.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
An Illawarra Steelers player has been referred straight to the judiciary over an alleged racial slur during a Harold Matthews Cup game over the weekend.

The under-17s player was charged with contrary conduct by the NSWRL match review committee after a Dragons player claimed he was called a “coconut” during Saturday’s game at Netstrata Jubilee Oval in Kogarah.

The NSWRL were made aware of the alleged slur and after examining the ground manager’s report on Monday, the Steelers player was hit with the charge.
The fact it's a kind of friendly fire makes it even worse. If the two of involved are any good, there's a good chance they'll be in the Flegg team in the near future.