Promising Juniors Thread.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
He was an interesting one Johnson, you mentioned he was older which was the only factor against him, otherwise had a solid year.

But we are really light on for nsw cup centres, I think it'll be Buchanan (other than perhaps sg ball period) and one of Allan or Feagai..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Corey Ackers new injury to his knee,
I recall two things while watching Corey smashing himself into the defense and pile driving guys into the dust as a 15/16 year old, firstly what a weapon this kid is and secondly that if he did not curb his almost manic aggression he'd be in for a lot of injuries over his career. My prophesy has come true as he has suffered injury after injury the past two seasons.

Last edited:

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I recall two things while watching Corey smashing himself into the defense and pile driving guys into the dust as a 15/16 year old, firstly what a weapon this kid is and secondly that if he did not curb his almost manic aggression he'd be in for a lot of injuries over his career. My prophesy has come true as he has suffered injury after injury the past two seasons.

Last 2 injuries weren't suffered on the field.

I am a big fan of Ashton Ward.

You'll need to follow him at the Rabbitohs

Eric

Staff
I am a big fan of Ashton Ward.
I was too but ..........
You'll need to follow him at the Rabbitohs
I'm not the best judge of halves. A few years I would have sworn Bud Sullivan was going to be a our long-term halfback and a very good one.

Not sure where Amone went wrong. I mean on the field. I thought maybe Griffin told him to become a playmaker to compliment Hunt's running game.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I was too but ..........

I'm not the best judge of halves. A few years I would have sworn Bud Sullivan was going to be a our long-term halfback and a very good one.

Not sure where Amone went wrong. I mean on the field. I thought maybe Griffin told him to become a playmaker to compliment Hunt's running game.

Amone was a bit of a 1 trick pony with a poor long kicking game but promising short kicking game. I don't think he had a big upside.

Sullivan got done with injuries, fitness & then poor coaching. Honestly think going to the tigers with a rookie coach was a bad decision for him. He should've taken the Alamoti/Blore route take unders but go to a club that's known for good development. Although the tigers $$$ were great.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Amone was a bit of a 1 trick pony with a poor long kicking game but promising short kicking game. I don't think he had a big upside.

Sullivan got done with injuries, fitness & then poor coaching. Honestly think going to the tigers with a rookie coach was a bad decision for him. He should've taken the Alamoti/Blore route take unders but go to a club that's known for good development. Although the tigers $$$ were great.
Kicking can be taught but he only had that big, greatly exaggerated step. I would have liked to see if Flanno could have gotten a bit more, or a lot more out of Amone.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
St George Illawarra have denied any interest in Adam Doueihi, Daniel Atkinson and Brayden Trindall.
If Flanno starts next season with Kyle at 5/8 might go crazy. It will be confirmation Flanno puts the RL career of Kyle over the interests of the club.