Recruitment and Retention for 2024

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Really? Never knew that. But that can be cured.
You would think so but he has been arrested twice up this way , in October 2022 for 2 x Assault then last year with drink driving. I'm afraid we don't need to set back our culture recovery by signing more players who believe the laws of the land don't apply to them. Just my views

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You would think so but he has been arrested twice up this way , in October 2022 for 2 x Assault then last year with drink driving. I'm afraid we don't need to set back our culture recovery by signing more players who believe the laws of the land don't apply to them. Just my views
That's true but maybe he's a bit better now. Or much better. Who was the person who didn't do stupid shit from 18~25 only to mature at around 25?

Just on ability I like signIng him if it happens.

Eric

Staff
Stupid shit unless you call having your 1st child at 17 Stupid. After that no time to be Stupid had responsibilities 🙃
Most people would say that qualifies as stupid but it's true having kids can make one's personality change dramatically. I had kind of a friend who.... lets just say liked to party but had a kid when he was about 19 and changed completely. Suddenly he was the first to go home on the rare occasion he could be dragged out.

Speaking of which, didn't Leilua have a kid during last season?

I would have been in favour of signing him until I read this
Seriously? He has a problem with the grog. Another wasted talent, its a no from me.
and this
Mit impressed either.

Charged with drink driving, domestic assault, property damage. Walked out on us before and Tigers, this will be the third contract he wants out of. Plus another Tartek player.
Now I'm not so sure.
And one more thing, don't we have a stack of average backrowers already? And a stack of promising young backrowers coming through the ranks?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
New Corps says it is a done deal. Lucie is coming home. Still 27 so give him a three year deal with provisos if he dont arm up. His '23 stats show inconsistencies in his game, but reckon now he is mature and will be under the guidance of Flanno and Deano, he will give his junior club his best.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Most people would say that qualifies as stupid but it's true having kids can make one's personality change dramatically. I had kind of a friend who.... lets just say liked to party but had a kid when he was about 19 and changed completely. Suddenly he was the first to go home on the rare occasion he could be dragged out.

and this

Now I'm not so sure.
And one more thing, don't we have a stack of average backrowers already? And a stack of promising young backrowers coming through the ranks?
Actually married my school yard sweetheart next year brings up the big 50 together. We make choices in life I don't regret mine stupid or not.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

and this

Now I'm not so sure.
We need props

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He'd compliment Lawrie well in the middle. One runs hard but not much else. One is more skillful. If he can play in the middle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Yep. But as he has chosen to return to the home of his junior years does this spell that his wandering days are over. He is 27 so hopefully has grown up now. Has he been training with the Cowboys if not we dont want him starting the season unfit. Need to get some Dan Lawson sessions into him first.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Gotta say Flanno is backrower mad. We need a prop to replace Molo Sr and some back up halves more. Coach is starting Molo against the Rabbits. Neither Couchman is starting. The replacement bench is interesting, Fegais are still in the picture, bloody amazing, while I dont see the promising Tamale. Sele is not listed either.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Gotta say Flanno is backrower mad. We need a prop to replace Molo Sr and some back up halves more. Coach is starting Molo against the Rabbits. Neither Couchman is starting. The replacement bench is interesting, Fegais are still in the picture, bloody amazing, while I dont see the promising Tamale. Sele is not listed either.
Surely he's going to be in the middle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
1.Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Moses Suli 4. Jack Bird

Zac on the wing. Ok I can live with that as he is a good reader and defender and wont go wandering like some other drongos. But the downside is his place has been taken by guess who. Flanagan you are joshing us surely if this is the intended lineup to start the season. Is a clear case of nepotism. If no room for Bird as utility or bench forward shove him back to Ressies. This team ran smoother last season when Jack Bird was not in the side.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Interchange: 14. Connor Muhleisen 15. Viliami Fifita 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Dylan Egan 18. Michael Molo 19. Jesse Marschke 20. Christian Tuipulotu 21. Savelio Tamale 22. Mathew Feagai 23. Max Feagai 24. Sione Finau 25. Dan Russell 26. Ryan Couchman 27. Toby Couchman 28. Alec Tuitavake
while I dont see the promising Tamale.
He is in the ZT lineup but sure he was not in the News Corp one. Interested to see how Fifita and Tuitavake go, as need someone with more grunt and consistency than Molo as starting prop. Eisenhuth better have a blinder as Toby Couchman has earned a season start. Will Flanno find room for Luciano Leilua if here and fit. I also wanna see Finau (wing) and Tamale (centre) given a crack on the same side. It is a pre season game so should be used for experimenting.

Last edited: