Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Guys who do we offload end of season. I have this list. Any more?
Feigais
Muhleisen
Marshke
BMM
Sherab
Coric
Russell
Egan
Freebairn
Ralph
Glover?
Rava?
Tuitavake?
Fifita?
Who is Ralph? Keep Egan and maybe the Feagai's for depth in the backs. Can't get rid of so many in one year. Have to keep some of them.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
With Stefano, some insiders have mentioned we are after him... and the journos today said 1 club have an offer of just under 1million for him.. he does apparently want to remain within Sydney.. it does feel like that club has to be us... who else would offer that much?

It goes against everything Flanno normally stands for in terms of not over-paying... maybe its more like a 3yr deal instead of 5 or something..

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
With Stefano, some insiders have mentioned we are after him... and the journos today said 1 club have an offer of just under 1million for him.. he does apparently want to remain within Sydney.. it does feel like that club has to be us... who else would offer that much?

It goes against everything Flanno normally stands for in terms of not over-paying... maybe its more like a 3yr deal instead of 5 or something..
Roosters. JWH leaving along with the backrower, Tupanuhu and maybe Angus Crighton.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Who is Ralph? Keep Egan and maybe the Feagai's for depth in the backs. Can't get rid of so many in one year. Have to keep some of them.
Ralph is the irish 6, played decent but LKH has the 6 cup jersey now. And the Top30 for next year is much tighter than you think.. these guys are only staying if its on a Train & Trial offer.

Guys who do we offload end of season. I have this list. Any more?
Feigais
Muhleisen
Marshke
BMM
Sherab
Coric
Russell
Egan
Freebairn
Ralph
Glover?
Rava?
Tuitavake?
Fifita?
o Egan, Fifita, Rava are on contract, id like to tap 2 of them, Egan wont go anywhere though.
o Tamale & Nu Brown are also gone
o Rest is spot on.

When Eisenhuth/JDB assumably re-sign, we only have 3 spots left in our Top30, thats all..

1) Is a Lomax Replacement
2) is a Bigboy Prop
3) Is someone who can cover the halves (like Marshke)

We also need someone to cover hooker, like Mulheissen was doing.. but we dont even have the spot atm..

If we tap a couple then we have some options, but our 30+6 next year is really heavy on young props and 2nd rowers.. meaning we are really light on in all the other positions.. If we tapped Fifita & Rava, that would give us a bit of wiggle room.. Rava will do a lot of damage in cup mind you, it depends how fast they think Williams can come through who is I think still in negotiation with us?

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Roosters. JWH leaving along with the backrower, Tupanuhu and maybe Angus Crighton.
Roosters wont offer close to 1mill though, it has to be a struggling club.

He may well choose to take their offer over ours for other reasons mind you.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ralph is the irish 6, played decent but LKH has the 6 cup jersey now. And the Top30 for next year is much tighter than you think.. these guys are only staying if its on a Train & Trial offer.

o Egan, Fifita, Rava are on contract, id like to tap 2 of them, Egan wont go anywhere though.
o Tamale & Nu Brown are also gone
o Rest is spot on.

When Eisenhuth/JDB assumably re-sign, we only have 3 spots left in our Top30, thats all..

1) Is a Lomax Replacement
2) is a Bigboy Prop
3) Is someone who can cover the halves (like Marshke)

We also need someone to cover hooker, like Mulheissen was doing.. but we dont even have the spot atm..

If we tap a couple then we have some options, but our 30+6 next year is really heavy on young props and 2nd rowers.. meaning we are really light on in all the other positions.. If we tapped Fifita & Rava, that would give us a bit of wiggle room.. Rava will do a lot of damage in cup mind you, it depends how fast they think Williams can come through who is I think still in negotiation with us?
JDB/Eisenhuth means JDB and Eisenhuth or, JDB or Eisenhuth?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Roosters wont offer close to 1mill though, it has to be a struggling club.

He may well choose to take their offer over ours for other reasons mind you.
He might also stay at the Tigers. Dolphins aren't in Sydney but should have a lot of money to throw at him also.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons need to keep our own young gun prop, LPT.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
JDB/Eisenhuth means JDB and Eisenhuth or, JDB or Eisenhuth?
I was assuming we would retain both, I believe both have offers.. but if we miss 1 of em its an extra slot.

Dragons need to keep our own young gun prop, LPT.
Stefano is 5yrs in front of LPT, its not an either/or situation.

However im not sure Stefano is the alpha prop Flanno has been hunting.. hes no AFB/JWH etc.. but.. if we've offered that much cash.. it would be that Flanno reckons he will be our #1 starting prop in 2025 with his best in front of him... and I assume we also have unused cap space for 2025 and there are no other bigboy props we are going to convince to break contract... so perhaps this kid makes sense on a 2-3yr type deal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Traditionally bookends don't really reach their prime until they have 2 - 3 seasons in 1sts and personally I have found around the ages of 25 - 27 yrs of age. You simply cannot rush young bookends if you want them to be resilient and have a life shelf of 3 - 7 yrs at the top. I liked the way LKT went in the U19 origin game but he still has to learn to play against mature, experienced men. In my view he is 2 yrs away from being a regular 1st grader and it would have been of great benefit if he could have learnt his trade from the likes of ADF or even a JWH. Just my views.

Eric

Staff
I was assuming we would retain both, I believe both have offers.. but if we miss 1 of em its an extra slot.

Stefano is 5yrs in front of LPT, its not an either/or situation.

However im not sure Stefano is the alpha prop Flanno has been hunting.. hes no AFB/JWH etc.. but.. if we've offered that much cash.. it would be that Flanno reckons he will be our #1 starting prop in 2025 with his best in front of him... and I assume we also have unused cap space for 2025 and there are no other bigboy props we are going to convince to break contract... so perhaps this kid makes sense on a 2-3yr type deal.
Just on Eisenhuth, he goes ok. Had an all-time shocker against the Bullgrubs but usually goes ok. I just think next year Egan might know all the same tricks as Eisenhuth and a few more. Couchmans already do everything Eisenhuth does but much better. Just that Flanno is the most obstinate wanker since........ since Anthony Griffin so Eisenhuth will keep getting selected unless he's injured.

Eric

Staff
We need one that can bend the line. Would Leo Thompson & his twin be on our radar?
I didn't even know he had a twin. Honestly at this point, the only Newcastle first grade player I'd like the Dragons to sign is Ponga. Saifiti's are good but at the age where their best years are behind them. Bradman Best is good but overrated in my view. Hastings might be better than Flanno Jnr but not worth having him around the joint, pissing everyone off. Frizell is well passed his best even though Dragons obviously let go of him a bit too early. Gagai is at the end of his career.

Who else would we want from Newcastle?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't even know he had a twin. Honestly at this point, the only Newcastle first grade player I'd like the Dragons to sign is Ponga. Saifiti's are good but at the age where their best years are behind them. Bradman Best is good but overrated in my view. Hastings might be better than Flanno Jnr but not worth having him around the joint, pissing everyone off. Frizell is well passed his best even though Dragons obviously let go of him a bit too early. Gagai is at the end of his career.

Their Jersey Flegg team is travelling well. These are the players Flanno should be going after. We have Hunt, hopefully JDB, Cook and RFM well into thier 30s for next year. The rest of the team except Sloan and Couchman have been around a while. Flanno needs to start recruiting young players damnit it. Why can't the club understand this?

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

Kai Paul Pierece, Phoenix Crossland, Dylan Lucas, Bradman Best, Greg Marhzew, Saifiti bros, Fletcher Sharpe. Pretty much all those guys would get a run in our side.