Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Eric

Staff
Kai Paul Pierece, Phoenix Crossland, Dylan Lucas, Bradman Best, Greg Marhzew, Saifiti bros, Fletcher Sharpe. Pretty much all those guys would get a run in our side.
  • Kai Paul Pierece: Not sure who that is so I'll take your word for it.
  • Phoenix Crossland: Probably be a good utility who can play hooker but seems like more of the same fringe first grader.
  • Dylan Lucas: As for the first point.
  • Bradman Best: Good centre though overrated in my view and not worth the money he's reported to be on. Not even close.
  • Greg Marhzew: Another big, hard running but slow winger? We have half a squad of them already.
  • Saifiti bros: Already sliding. One of them was one of the best props a couple of years ago. Not even close now and the slide will only accelerate.
  • Fletcher Sharpe: As for the top entry.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I didn't even know he had a twin. Honestly at this point, the only Newcastle first grade player I'd like the Dragons to sign is Ponga. Saifiti's are good but at the age where their best years are behind them. Bradman Best is good but overrated in my view. Hastings might be better than Flanno Jnr but not worth having him around the joint, pissing everyone off. Frizell is well passed his best even though Dragons obviously let go of him a bit too early. Gagai is at the end of his career.

Who else would we want from Newcastle?
Maybe their Board and CEO have to be better than our lot 😔 😔 😉 😉

RedVictory

SGI Jersey Flegg
I didn't even know he had a twin. Honestly at this point, the only Newcastle first grade player I'd like the Dragons to sign is Ponga. Saifiti's are good but at the age where their best years are behind them. Bradman Best is good but overrated in my view. Hastings might be better than Flanno Jnr but not worth having him around the joint, pissing everyone off. Frizell is well passed his best even though Dragons obviously let go of him a bit too early. Gagai is at the end of his career.

Who else would we want from Newcastle?
Thompson is exactly what our forward pack needs as he’s a big bodied enforcer. There’s a reason there was murmuring’s of Penrith chasing him as Fisher Harris replacement.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
There have been some vague rumours that we have a game changing prop signed.. no idea if they are full of it etc.. but certainly will be keeping my eye on forums this week to find out! If it Stefano though, I dont think anything would be locked in until the Tigers have signed and done cooling-offs etc..

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There have been some vague rumours that we have a game changing prop signed.. no idea if they are full of it etc.. but certainly will be keeping my eye on forums this week to find out! If it Stefano though, I dont think anything would be locked in until the Tigers have signed and done cooling-offs etc..
Very much doubt it's Utoikamanu. I thought the clause in his contract was that he's not able to sign elsewhere until Tigers are out of finals contention. Unless the Tigers have given him permission.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
But what are they going to do about a 5/8!!!???
Kyle Flanagan has not been as bad as you make out. I'd have him as prime play maker if it meant pissing off Hunt and buying or using one of our own 5/8s, either LKT or Nick Quinn. I believe we have a long term half in Ashton Ward, hoping Flanagan agrees.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Kyle Flanagan has not been as bad as you make out. I'd have him as prime play maker if it meant pissing off Hunt and buying or using one of our own 5/8s, either LKT or Nick Quinn. I believe we have a long term half in Ashton Ward.
He's been worse. Someone posted his stats vs the 5/8s for teams below us. By far the fewest try assists and line break assists after the most games. What do you judge his performance on?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
His passion. He'll do us fine until such time as Flanagan thinks Ashton Ward is ready.
Passion? How do you judge that? He should have a lot of passion for the club that picked him up off the NRL scrapheap and keeps picking him despite very poor form.