Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
That Schuster rumour just dropped in another forum (I reckon he would have to be a ctr option not a 5/8).. I cant remember if I linked this already but you can see him in this video from Volkman (and he looks much fitter), the 2 r training together I think its a gym not too far away but not sure, and its dragons shorts I believe.. I think Volkman would be a great signing if his shoulder is ok.. would love a real 7 option in the Top 30 that is good enough to potentially take over in 2026 or whenever..

Volkmans video:

The gym is in Liverpool area where they both live, both are with Crown Sports.
We are not interested in Volk.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I like that!
Problem is we have LKT who is surely being prepared to play NRL ASAP and is surely in line to be 5/8.
That Schuster rumour just dropped in another forum (I reckon he would have to be a ctr option not a 5/8).. I cant remember if I linked this already but you can see him in this video from Volkman (and he looks much fitter), the 2 r training together I think its a gym not too far away but not sure, and its dragons shorts I believe.. I think Volkman would be a great signing if his shoulder is ok.. would love a real 7 option in the Top 30 that is good enough to potentially take over in 2026 or whenever..

Volkmans video:

ctr = centre? Seems obvious but I can't imagine him playing centre. Way too slow. He has good ball skills. Maybe lock but he seems not tough enough to play in the forwards.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Problem is we have LKT who is surely being prepared to play NRL ASAP and is surely in line to be 5/8.

ctr = centre? Seems obvious but I can't imagine him playing centre. Way too slow. He has good ball skills. Maybe lock but he seems not tough enough to play in the forwards.
A Schuster-Hunt halves combo would probably work. In theory anyway. Schuster ball playing, organising with Hunt kicking and running.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Reed is probably 4yrs away, so there needs to be someone sooner to take over from Hunt, and if they look good enough it could happen earlier.. but Justa has shot down my volkman theory :p

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Reed is probably 4yrs away, so there needs to be someone sooner to take over from Hunt, and if they look good enough it could happen earlier.. but Justa has shot down my volkman theory :p
Not saying you're wrong but I think a bit too conservative. Dolphins halfback made his debut at 19 and is just getting better. Reed will be 19 next year, won't he?

Eric

Staff
Not saying you're wrong but I think a bit too conservative. Dolphins halfback made his debut at 19 and is just getting better. Reed will be 19 next year, won't he?
Isaiya Katoa is a freak. It'd be wonderful if Reed reaches his level.
Let's not forget about Aston Ward. Looks to be a tremendous talent. Needs to put on a few kgs to better handle the collisions before moving up to the open age but after he gets there, I expect he'll rapidly start putting pressure on Flanno to pick him. At least if Hunt is unavailable though I can't see him getting selected for Origin next year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Let's not forget about Aston Ward. Looks to be a tremendous talent. Needs to put on a few kgs to better handle the collisions before moving up to the open age but after he gets there, I expect he'll rapidly start putting pressure on Flanno to pick him. At least if Hunt is unavailable though I can't see him getting selected for Origin next year.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Ryan Matterson tapped on the shoulder by Ryles as he attempts to free up salary cap space top re-sign Blaize Talangi. Judging by Flanno's signings thus far, wouldn't surprise me if he recruits Matterson so Ryles can keep Talangi. After all, Talangi can play 5/8. It might be his best position.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wests Tigers 19 year-old is giving Souffs huge trouble! They already have Koroisau for a few more years on big money. What a pick up he would be for the Dragons. Oh wait, unfortunately Flanno has signed 32 year-old Damian Cook on big money for the next 2 years.
Angry Grand Theft Auto GIF by Rockstar Games

I bet another club gets him or more likely Koroisau who is the best #9 in the competition right now IMO goes to another club with Tigers paying part of his wage.

Last edited:

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Wests Tigers 19 year-old is giving Souffs huge trouble! They already have Koroisau for a few more years on big money. What a pick up he would be for the Dragons. Oh wait, unfortunately Flanno has signed 32 year-old Damian Cook on big money for the next 2 years.
Angry Grand Theft Auto GIF by Rockstar Games

I bet another club gets him or more likely Koroisau who is the best #9 in the competition right now IMO goes to another club with Tigers paying part of his wage.

We tried to sign Taylan last year before he had debut but he extended with Tigers knowing Api was there.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
We tried to sign Taylan last year before he had debut but he extended with Tigers knowing Api was there.
I see. Principle still applies. Giving Cook one final payday is f*cking ridiculous! Unless the trajectory of his form over the past 2 years reverses.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I see. Principle still applies. Giving Cook one final payday is f*cking ridiculous! Unless the trajectory of his form over the past 2 years reverses.
I would suggest that he has been brought in to mentor that new young hooker we pinched from the Bulldogs for the next 2 seasons. Albeit he may be past his very best he's still good enough to pull on a 1st grade jersey plus he is an origin and Australian player. He is leaving Souths in good hands with his protogy. I feel for Liddle but that's business

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I would suggest that he has been brought in to mentor that new young hooker we pinched from the Bulldogs for the next 2 seasons. Albeit he may be past his very best he's still good enough to pull on a 1st grade jersey plus he is an origin and Australian player. He is leaving Souths in good hands with his protogy. I feel for Liddle but that's business
After that Origin series, I'd say Ben Hunt is the best hooker mentor and the best hooker in the competition. Jacob Liddle goes okay as well.