Recruitment and Retention for 2025

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
LPT, Egan and Stewart will not be there, if they're it would be later on the season, Sele will be there before those guys
I forgot about Sele. But haven't changed my opinion. Maybe Sele will be in at the start of the year if Flanno still prefers his old journeymen rather than good Dragons juniors but if some of those juniors were on the cusp of selection this year, I expect they'll be in next year.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Is this your pack or what you think will happen? Imo coaches will go with:

Starting
RCG
Cook
Molo
Luch
Sua
JDB
Bench
Liddle
Sele
Couchman
????

What I want:
Starting
RCG
Cook
T. Couchman
Luch
Sua
JDB
Bench
Liddle
Sele
R. Couchman
LPT
Surely both Couchmans will be mainstays in the 17 unless injured.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Eric

Staff
I'd recommend watching the coaches preview: https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2024/09/06/coachs-preview-round-27-v-raiders/

Flanno with a few interesting answers. My fav was him identifying the top teams also put in a lot of work off the field in their preparation for footy. That's something he wants to improve for next year. I agree 100% with him.
I'm going to credit Flanno for not losing patience with that moron reporter. Kept asking about "a fairy tale" or "miracle" and Flanno kept saying "no, not looking into that at all". Then reporter says "But what you win by 70...." and Flanno still didn't lose patience. Well done!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So looking like the first choice pack next year is:

8. JDB
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Su'A
12. Leilua
13. Toby Couchman

14. Liddle
15. Ryan Couchman
16. LPT
17. Egan or Stewart or RFM
I want JDB back at lock, Liddle starting. Not heard anything about off loading Lawrie so he remains either as a starter or the bench. Molo only in the 17 for some size unless we pick up another big bopper after Nov1 or hold onto Vili Fifita. Have said about him before that with a lift in stamina and discipline he could be anything.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I want JDB back at lock, Liddle starting. That is a small bench. Molo for some size unless we pick up another big bopper after Nov1 or hold onto Vili Fifita. With a lift in his stamina and discipline he could be anything.
He's getting toward the end. Has slowed down. Better suited to prop with one of the Couchmans at lock.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He's getting toward the end. Has slowed down.
Yes and no. Jack has never been quick but he has been skillful and remains the same. Our best cover defender and as lock will jump into receiver more. Jack started at lock, played his best footy there, let him finish there I say.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Then chances are Max has been made an offer elsewhere. Have always rated him over Matt as the most skillful. Defense for both is their archilles heel.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Then chances are Max has been made an offer elsewhere. Have always rated him over Matt as the most skillful. Defense for both is their archilles heel.
Don't understand why they tackle so badly. Big enough, fast enough to be in position to make the tackle. So what is it?

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Also announced that Dan Russell, Jackson Shereb, AlecT, Jesse Marschke, MaxF, Sav Tamale and Lomax are leaving, surprised they didn't mention Coric who supposedly is going, they also didnt mention Jack Bird.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Also announced that Dan Russell, Jackson Shereb, AlecT, Jesse Marschke, MaxF, Lomax are leaving, surprised they didn't mention Coric who supposedly is going, they also didnt mention Jack Bird.
Interesting. Wouldn't mind Coric hanging around at all. What about Muhleisen?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Was at the game, saw Cody Ramsey and said G'Day to him, he is so thin, i can't see him getting back next year,,
Needs to forget about football for a while and concentrate on getting better! Rough hand he has been dealt but it could have been much worse. Forget about a Dragons contract for now. I wish the Dragons could support every Australian who has been a victim of bad luck but they can't. Please keep him around the club for now to help him with recovery but scratch him from the top 30 indefinitely.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Blocker—-Piss him off !
Ditto Bird.
Kyle was solid but not good enough.at 5/8.
Piss him off too !
But I I don’t think daddy will do that ! But at least sign someone to compete with Kyle.

How much will RCG be on does anyone know ?