Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Haran has needed to go for a long time.. he would be have been named and shamed when Gould told them what needed to change.. one of the rumours was Ryles demanded Haran to be gone from GM as part of his sign on.. but the bloke turned up to greet him on the day he was there to sign his contract.

Flanno knows all this, but now hes had 12mths to see for himself.. not just take the word of others... plus hes had a strong season and the club can see away from footy that he knows what hes talking about.... he couldnt get rid of Haran for 2024.. but Haran has been effectively demoted to running the water bottles this year, but next year should be gone.. and hopefully we can get someone decent, let Flanno focus more on the footy side.

The club needed an experienced head to lead them and get their buy-in, theyve been floundering since 2011.. yes we need probably 2 board members gone, but these are all great staff changes coming in.. but it takes time though for the new staff to come in and make their mark.. but this 12mths has been well beyond my expectations for what Flanno would be able to do for a club in such dire straights.
Was Haran the former hospitality manager for a WIN owned hotel chain or something like that?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Haran has needed to go for a long time.. he would be have been named and shamed when Gould told them what needed to change.. one of the rumours was Ryles demanded Haran to be gone from GM as part of his sign on.. but the bloke turned up to greet him on the day he was there to sign his contract.

Flanno knows all this, but now hes had 12mths to see for himself.. not just take the word of others... plus hes had a strong season and the club can see away from footy that he knows what hes talking about.... he couldnt get rid of Haran for 2024.. but Haran has been effectively demoted to running the water bottles this year, but next year should be gone.. and hopefully we can get someone decent, let Flanno focus more on the footy side.

The club needed an experienced head to lead them and get their buy-in, theyve been floundering since 2011.. yes we need probably 2 board members gone, but these are all great staff changes coming in.. but it takes time though for the new staff to come in and make their mark.. but this 12mths has been well beyond my expectations for what Flanno would be able to do for a club in such dire straights.
Agree, another person that comes to mind is Doust. Not being business minded myself, but the board was lacking experience in the RL world and in my opinion the Win side of the boardroom has impeded our ability to progress both on and off the field. It's akin to my once work life's oldest sayings, " The wheels of justice turn slowly". The same can be said about our once revered and famous club. But now there is light at the end of what has been a very long dark tunnel. I'm feeling excited for the first time in 15 yrs.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree, another person that comes to mind is Doust. Not being business minded myself, but the board was lacking experience in the RL world and in my opinion the Win side of the boardroom has impeded our ability to progress both on and off the field. It's akin to my once work life's oldest sayings, " The wheels of justice turn slowly". The same can be said about our once revered and famous club. But now there is light at the end of what has been a very long dark tunnel. I'm feeling excited for the first time in 15 yrs.
Yah I mean none of us are in that room, but Doust & supposedly Piggott is his yes man.. those have been the big hurdles.. but Flanno seems to be getting it done regardless, that cant have been an easy fight to get 2 (hopefully 3 with haran) very popular old boys out of the club.. piece by piece dragging us forward.

Hoping we have a decent 2025 season.. there are a lot of very good rosters who failed in 2024.. that surely improve also.... it all gets really hard if the football side goes badly and his job is under pressure.. even if its out of his hands with a bad injury run etc.. his job is always the one with the heat.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Order of priority

1. Big Prop
2. Halfback
3. Outside back

We've got edges, hooker, small-medium sized middles covered.
Whatever you think of him, and I'm not a big fan, Ben Hunt is around for next year. Priority is:
  1. Get a playmaking 5/8. Hopefully LKT but he seems ike more of a runner as well.
  2. 1 more fast back player.
  3. A big prop.
I don't see why CT couldn't be a big prop. Frank Molo was the only heavier player in the squad this year.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Order of priority

1. Big Prop
2. Halfback
3. Outside back

Agree, pretty sure we have the first big prop... as all signs point to RCG coming.. but until its in writing.. nothing is for certain.

This new slot Bird has opened up though, I mean we literally have 'zero' halves coverage with bird, marchke, brown going.. so that is crucial.. but im sure we can get rid of 1-2 more players soon enough.. but yes we do need a halfback and a centre.. it could be the 1 person if we got someone like Averillo, but I think it'll be two..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Order of priority

1. Big Prop
2. Halfback
3. Outside back

1. Big prop might be Pasifiki Tonga.
  2. Hunt will still be on board for next year.
  3. GC and Broncos are stacked for fast outside backs. Need to recruit one or two.
Agree
We have one spot in top 30 available
For middle
Bird spot for half
Ramsey spot for back.
I don't see why Corey Allen couldn't play in the halves. I think he could make a very good 5/8. He has ball skills and isn't a bad ball runner, just too slow to be a good fullback.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yah I mean none of us are in that room, but Doust & supposedly Piggott is his yes man.. those have been the big hurdles.. but Flanno seems to be getting it done regardless, that cant have been an easy fight to get 2 (hopefully 3 with haran) very popular old boys out of the club.. piece by piece dragging us forward.

Hoping we have a decent 2025 season.. there are a lot of very good rosters who failed in 2024.. that surely improve also.... it all gets really hard if the football side goes badly and his job is under pressure.. even if its out of his hands with a bad injury run etc.. his job is always the one with the heat.
Tough gig coaching especially when your battling the front office

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Here's an idea, sign Parra's unfortunate-named back-up halfback Arsey and Galvin on Hunt's money.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Seems to be all but confirmed now that RCG is coming to us for 2025. Ending with a try and Parra giving him the last conversion was a nice send off. Happy with that signing if he is wearing the RedV next year.
He's certainly leaving Parra but lets wait and se if he comes to hte Dragons. Dolphins were also in for Saifiti but have recently pulled out and then today news Flegler is a good chance of missing all next season.

Wild383

SGI Junior League
He's certainly leaving Parra but lets wait and se if he comes to hte Dragons. Dolphins were also in for Saifiti but have recently pulled out and then today news Flegler is a good chance of missing all next season.
I think you'll find it must be official since his Wikipedia has already been updated... lol wonder what cheeky bugger has jumped the gun.

Wild383

SGI Junior League
Hope you're right.
Haven't got a clue like most, but it would make a lot of sense given the last couple weeks. I never get too excited with this stuff until it's announced but would be exactly what we need. Either way was a great way for him to finish off his time at Parra.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
So looking like the first choice pack next year is:

8. JDB
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Su'A
12. Leilua
13. Toby Couchman

14. Liddle
15. Ryan Couchman
16. LPT
17. Egan or Stewart or RFM

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg

8. JDB
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Su'A
12. Leilua
13. Toby Couchman

14. Liddle
15. Ryan Couchman
16. LPT
17. Egan or Stewart or RFM
LPT, Egan and Stewart will not be there, if they're it would be later on the season, Sele will be there before those guys

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

8. JDB
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Su'A
12. Leilua
13. Toby Couchman

14. Liddle
15. Ryan Couchman
16. LPT