Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
So Ryles has signed his first recruit ........... Jack Williams agreeing to a three-year deal from the Sharkies ............

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno wants FG ready players only.
I doubt LKT plays much FG.
He talked up Fifita and Egan and others in the pre-season and they weren't sighted.
He has already started talking up Tonga and Stewart and I'll guess they see little FG too.

Interesting he hasn't budged on contract length or $$$ for FG ready players, he might have pushed himself into a corner in needing to blood younger players next year with our lack of depth.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno wants FG ready players only.
I doubt LKT plays much FG.
He talked up Fifita and Egan and others in the pre-season and they weren't sighted.
He has already started talking up Tonga and Stewart and I'll guess they see little FG too.
Been going on for years. Price, McGregor, Griffin and now Flanno only want immediate success so they get every unwanted veteran they can. So far Flanno has recruited Kyle, Eisenhuth, RFM, Leilua, Holmes, Cook. Missed out on Campbell-Gillard and Saifiti. Even Leilua is approaching veteran status and even though Kyle is I think only 26, this is already his 4th club. I'd say that makes him a veteran. Which young players at other clubs stuck behind big names has he recruited? Or even tried to recruit?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Been going on for years. Price, McGregor, Griffin and now Flanno only want immediate success so they get every unwanted veteran they can. So far Flanno has recruited Kyle, Eisenhuth, RFM, Leilua, Holmes, Cook. Missed out on Campbell-Gillard and Saifiti. Even Leilua is approaching veteran status and even though Kyle is I think only 26, this is already his 4th club. I'd say that makes him a veteran. Which young players at other clubs stuck behind big names has he recruited? Or even tried to recruit?
Madness. The only one who should have been recruited of them is Holmes. Leilua wasn't a good or bad signing. The others have all been bad. Of course I rate Cook but for how much longer?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Leilua is 28, plenty more years in him. He was a bit hot and cold in his first season back, but expect by shedding 5ks he will be more consistent as an edge weapon next year. If he cant lose his bulk then transition him to the middle.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Leilua is 28, plenty more years in him. He was a bit hot and cold in his first season back, but expect by shedding 5ks he will be more consistent as an edge weapon next year. If he cant lose his bulk then transition him to the middle.
I think Leilua goes ok. Not worth what we are paying him but he goes ok. With Egan and both Couchmans and I think he was signed after RFM, I just think the club didn't need him.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Best case scenario.. we shake one of their forwards loose in a hunt swap.. but realistically RCG signed may mean no money for Hunt..

Edit: I forgot they were looking to move Fifita on.. not that this is a like for like..

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Best case scenario.. we shake one of their forwards loose in a hunt swap.. but realistically RCG signed may mean no money for Hunt..

Edit: I forgot they were looking to move Fifita on.. not that this is a like for like..
I doubted Hunt was ever going to the Titans as I said before if anywhere another Sydney based club, my whisper was Roosters but haven't heard anything since

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I doubted Hunt was ever going to the Titans as I said before if anywhere another Sydney based club, my whisper was Roosters but haven't heard anything since
Yah we are at the half way point now, 4 weeks from season end, 4 more weeks till Nov 1.. most clubs have made the 2025 deals they are going to make.. looks like we are going to be scrapping again to knock anything loose over the off-season.

I do think we will sign Lodge though.. and if we can get him, i think that gives us the 'bare minimum' for a competitive 2025 side if we have no major injuries.. but id rly hope we can find another 3-4 names outside of him.