Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He's a winger but I hope Dragons make an offer for Jojo Fifita on the provision he comes a year early. Can also make offers for Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui and Keenan Palasia from Nov 1 but I don't know how good they are. I've seen a bit here and there of Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui. I think I only remember him because of his famous older brother.

Broncos will also be under salary cap stress. They have Cobbo and Staggs available but Staggs isn't a good idea because Holmes and Suli will be the centres. Cobbo will cost a lot. Too much to play on the wing. Also Xavier Willison. I think I saw him play for the first time in one the Broncos last games this season. Broncos were flogged and he was sin binned but I thought he showed he has a lot of talent. And young. Sign him for 4 years as long as it starts from next year.

Not many others I'm personally in favour of signing. JAC is one but due to his age and the (advanced) age of the Dragons squad overall, I'd prefer Jojo Fifita.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I had to consult my dad as the union fan I know.. he said 7's players are ultra fit and can tackle.. but most of their plays are off scrums/rucks, and there is really no comparison.. honestly if he wanted to shift I would think its a dev position and try ur luck in NSW Cup.. it might all mean nothing, just a fluff up from his management company.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
I had to consult my dad as the union fan I know.. he said 7's players are ultra fit and can tackle.. but most of their plays are off scrums, and there is really no comparison.. honestly if he wanted to shift I would think its a dev position and try ur luck in NSW Cup.. it might all mean nothing, just a fluff up from his management company.
Yeah they play off the scrum due to the amount of space, run a couple of x plays and create space and use your pace, agree as its not to replace cHunt, if anything just giving an opportunity and some sort of Dev contract.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yeah they play off the scrum due to the amount of space, run a couple of x plays and create space and use your pace, agree as its not to replace cHunt, if anything just giving an opportunity and some sort of Dev contract.
I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere Rickey Stuart was 23 or 24 when he first made the switch. And he wasn't really very good in Union either. Like 3rd or 4th half in line for the Wallabies.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surprised the Titans could afford him, but I dont think 3yrs is the end of the world.. am surprised the titans can afford all these halves and forwards though.

Hearing Hunt is here for next year.. the trades obviously didnt come off.. which is not surprising tbh, Flanno was only trading if he got a genuine player in return.. and noone is willing to give someone up.

Still a big opportunity for that backup half to come into our system for 2025 though.. our halves stocks are incredibly thin.. like incredibly and there is a 6 or 7 jersey waiting for someone in 2026.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Surprised the Titans could afford him, but I dont think 3yrs is the end of the world.. am surprised the titans can afford all these halves and forwards though.

Hearing Hunt is here for next year.. the trades obviously didnt come off.. which is not surprising tbh, Flanno was only trading if he got a genuine player in return.. and noone is willing to give someone up.

Still a big opportunity for that backup half to come into our system for 2025 though.. our halves stocks are incredibly thin.. like incredibly and there is a 6 or 7 jersey waiting for someone in 2026.
They have a few fullbacks on big money as well. I heard Brimson was on about 700k a year and he is their third best fullback.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
is a Rugby Union half more like a hooker in Rugby League?
No to a Yawnion half as they are kick happy. No running or ball skills. Now a 5/8 or inside centre is another story. Having said that, there is a chasm between 15 and 7 a side yawnion, so he may possess the necessary skills for NRL..

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Crying shame. No one else wants Hunt but we just cant let him go. o_O
It's like last year ya know.. its not that clubs dont want him.. they would love to add that depth.. but theyre not giving up a young gun half which is what Flanno wants in return... same with the roosters.. plus the player has to be willing to leave.