Recruitment and Retention for 2025

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg

This link will give you the article
I did not enjoy their paragraph regarding Tyran Wishart: "We won’t be letting him go too soon.”

But they are going to have to fund a serious pay increase to keep him.. even then there is his desire to be in the starting 13.

The journos mentioned he actually has a Club Option for 2026 (not Player as was reported previously), so I'm sure it will be interesting come Nov 1st.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I did not enjoy their paragraph regarding Tyran Wishart: "We won’t be letting him go too soon.”

But they are going to have to fund a serious pay increase to keep him.. even then there is his desire to be in the starting 13.

The journos mentioned he actually has a Club Option for 2026 (not Player as was reported previously), so I'm sure it will be interesting come Nov 1st.
Is he going to be a halfback? I'm not sure about him. A good utility player for sure. Might be a good 5/8.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well the early odds are out for the 2025 season and the bookies have us at 34 - 1 to win the premiership. We are No chance of winning the competition next season, a fairer market would be 100 - 1. I'm hoping though we can improve enough to scrape into the bottom of the 8.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Very informative. I always singled out those forgotten men which every single club needs and those are the scouts. They travel all over the country looking for talent and play a silent but important role.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Could someone on the first page edit their post to get an updated top 30 contract list for 2025? Could update that post as new players are signed or current ones released. It would be an easy way to track contracts.

I see Finau Latu is signed for 2025 but zero tackle don't have him listed. Is he top 30 or development etc?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Could someone on the first page edit their post to get an updated top 30 contract list for 2025? Could update that post as new players are signed or current ones released. It would be an easy way to track contracts.

I see Finau Latu is signed for 2025 but zero tackle don't have him listed. Is he top 30 or development etc?
Where is the list? I thought it was still 3 weeks away from getting released.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS

Off-contract 2024: Alec Tuitavake, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Cody Ramsey, Dan Russell (Mutual option for 2025), Fa’amanu Brown (Club option for 2025), Jesse Marschke, Paul Turner, Tom Eisenhuth

Off-contract 2025: Ben Hunt, Christian Tuipulotu, Corey Allan, Jack de Belin, Jacob Liddle (Mutual option for 2026), Kyle Flanagan, Michael Molo, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Ryan Couchman, Sione Finau, Toby Couchman, Viliami Fifita

Tom Eisenhuth headlines the list of players without a deal next year, and The Daily Telegraph has previously reported the veteran forward has signed a one-year extension to remain at the Red V in 2025. It’s a hugely-deserved reward for a player who was a mainstay in Shane Flanagan’s forward pack. As for the players who could hit the open market come November 1, Ben Hunt is clearly the biggest name. After being informed his form wasn’t up to scratch by his coach post-season, Hunt was reportedly left with a bad taste in his mouth. The 34-year-old was expected to sign a one-year extension earlier this season, however that situation took a turn after that meeting. Dragons powerbrokers reportedly aren’t willing to re-sign him beyond his current contract, meaning he could field offers in the coming weeks. The Titans and Broncos have previously been interested in his services, but as it stands, it doesn’t look likely that Hunt will be a Dragons player beyond the 2025 season. Jack de Belin, meanwhile, signed a new contract for the 2025 season in July, but was reportedly seeking a longer term deal. The Couchman brothers will not be short of suitors with the rising front row duo likely to be tabled offers by rival clubs considering a general shortage of elite front rowers. That pair aren’t close to that position right now, but certainly have the potential to develop into crucial players for their respective teams. Christian Tuipulotu also emerged as a starting winger for the Dragons, and with the departure of Zac Lomax and the arrival of Valentine Holmes, he looks likely to retain his spot. The Dragons could move to lock him in long-term, considering Max Feagai also was deemed surplus to requirements and was allowed to join the Dolphins. Michael Molo is also a forward on the rise and could be offered a new deal. Interestingly Jacob Liddle could also be off-contract come November 1, but it’s highly unlikely the Dragons don’t take up an option in their favour for 2026.

2025 gains: Damien Cook (Rabbitohs), Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)

2025 losses: Zac Lomax (Eels), Savelio Tamale (Raiders), Jack Bird (Wests Tigers), Max Feagai (Dolphins)

Can't believe they haven't re-signed the Couchmans. Other than that, keep an eye on JDB to see if he can go one more year and see how Liddle is going. The rest can go.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Gutho is the kind of fullback Flanno wants.. Sloane in reserves or there for injury but not the first choice.

Gutho had a tonne of injuries he was playing with this year, be interesting to see how he comes back in 2025..

I was starting to wonder how on earth we were going to spend our cap money, but Gutho would be a big chunk of it.. the reason I wasnt really sure however how Gutho would get to training etc.. hes a northern beaches guy, commuted to parra for 10yrs.. maybe we will set up a unit for boys for a few nights a week to stay in the gong.