Round 1 Titans v Dragons

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
What's Bird done in the trials that warrants him being removed from the side?
What did he do that warrants him staying? I saw one piece of play that made him look good, that chip for Lomax to score. He lacks vision so betting Zac called for him to lay on that kick.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Who replaces Kyle Flanagan? What's Bird done in the trials that warrants him being removed from the side?

Flanagan was good in 3 out of 4 halves of footy. Bird was solid in his minutes played. Lomax has been carrying a back injury.

Eisenhuth was one of our better performers, yet people want him dropped for RFM.

A few of you are talking about speed when the replacement players aren't fast either.

Even Sloan has already shown a bit of improvement.

For all the talk about Sullivan, well Flanno outplayed him in the trial.

The shit talk about Flanno is pathetic. We've had 3 out of 4 great halves of footy, one poor half that was disappointing for everyone (including the coach).
Exactly. God knows. It's Kyle or bust.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What did he do that warrants him staying? I saw one piece of play that made him look good, that chip for Lomax to score. He lacks vision so betting Zac called for him to lay on that kick.
Zac was played really well after Griffin was hooked. All off season Flanno was talking the talk about getting the ball to Zac more often. Then sticks him on the wing. Can someone explain that to me?

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Zac was played really well after Griffin was hooked. All off season Flanno was talking the talk about getting the ball to Zac more often. Then sticks him on the wing. Can someone explain that to me?

Wingers get more ball than centres.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

He made good defensive decisions & he helped create attacking opportunities for others. It's okay to dislike Bird but don't get that mixed up with his actual good performance. I'm not the biggest bird fan but I can admit when he played well.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Wingers get more ball than centres.
Maybe hitting it up from kick returns. Zac has an excellent passing game. Lots of try assists. If hitting it up from kick returns is all Flanno sees in Zac, the game is passed him and he may as well retire before he makes a fool of himself.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Depends whether he is a one game wonder or not.

For what reason, his move to the wing? Has he ever played there. I dont recall it, may have very early in his career or in U20s.
Now it'd being widely reported that he is quietly unhappy being moved to the wing. I'll watch his body language and game involvement on Saturday night. It doesn't go well if it's true.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
He made good defensive decisions & he helped create attacking opportunities for others. It's okay to dislike Bird but don't get that mixed up with his actual good performance. I'm not the biggest bird fan but I can admit when he played well.
Whole team played well in the second trial. Possibly except Lomax who goes ok anywhere but winger is possibly his worst position.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He always gives 100% no matter what.
He'll cover twice as much distance as anyone else given the extra cover he has to do.
My opinion in regards to Lomax, he plays with pride and passion in his jersey. He is extremely aggressive in defence and even when the previous coach moved him to the other side of the park he just got on with it although the pressure of being punished for standing up for his beliefs did affect his goal kicking. For me as an old coach he has a (c) next to his name and playing 5/8 but I'm not the coach.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He always gives 100% no matter what.
He'll cover twice as much distance as anyone else given the extra cover he has to do.
What is going on? Did Zac give Kyle a clip around the ear one night out on the drink?

Zac will give 100% no matter what which makes it just more confusing Flanno seems to be on purpose limiting his game. I'm a huge Lomax fan but honestly, I don't think he's much good as a winger. Prop and winger are the only 2 positions he isn't good in.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What is going on? Did Zac give Kyle a clip around the ear one night out on the drink?

Zac will give 100% no matter what which makes it just more confusing Flanno seems to be on purpose limiting his game. I'm a huge Lomax fan but honestly, I don't think he's much good as a winger. Prop and winger are the only 2 positions he isn't good in.
It would appear that blood is thicker than water at the moment

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Speaking of the devil

“But one of the things Shane Flanagan did when he first got to St George Illawarra was sit down with Zac Lomax, go through all his stats and said there’s 17 teams and of the 34 centres in the competition you ranked about 22nd or 23rd.
No one doubts that under Griffin in the first half of last year, Zac was really poor. But lets see how he went in the second half of the season when he was put back on his favoured side and obviously happier with Griffin gone.