Round 1 Titans v Dragons

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree why not play the younger blokes we will struggle to make the 8 and we are not winning the comp so give them every chance to progress in top grade ......
And it's not as if Toby and Ryan were out of their depth in first grade last year or in the trials this year. So what gives? Why are we the only club whose young players need 3 seasons of being in and out of first grade? And not NRL standard until well into their 20s. That is what led to Bird flying the coop to start with. Mary just wouldn't give him a chance, then he goes to the higher placed Sharks and straight into first grade and one of their best.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
And it's not as if Toby and Ryan were out of their depth in first grade last year or in the trials this year. So what gives? Why are we the only club whose young players need 3 seasons of being in and out of first grade? And not NRL standard until well into their 20s. That is what led to Bird flying the coop to start with. Mary just wouldn't give him a chance, then he goes to the higher placed Sharks and straight into first grade and one of their best.
Throw in Garrick , Robson that come to mind also ........

Eric

Staff
I understand there is something to be said for throwing young players, especially forwards, into the NRL too soon but it seems to me Dragons have been way over the top cautious about it for a long time.

Browny threw loads of young players in the deep end. The only one who didn't really kick on was Chase Stanley and that was probably more due to injury than anything else. Poor Gaz was said to be so nervous, he couldn't tie his bootlaces!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Agree why not play the younger blokes we will struggle to make the 8 and we are not winning the comp so give them every chance to progress in top grade ......
Viliami Fifita will get a run and won't we need him. Up against 1 of the best props running around in Fa'asuamaleaui. I'll be watching him closely. It's blowing a gale up here 30- 40km SE winds will definitely be favourable to the team running right to left on your tv screens. I'd say at the minimum a 10/12 point breeze if you use it correctly.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Almost time. If the Dragons win, we aren't going to see a free-flowing game with lots of ball movement.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's quite cool here so the weather will not be any excuse. Beers cold too so get ready for a decent commentary