Round 12: St George Illawarra v Sydney Roosters

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Fast track Tamale for Suli and Sione Finua for Feagai. Frank Molo needs to lift his game, his brother has more impact and he is almost 10k less. Rava would be damaging coming late off the bench against tired players while Suli would make an excellent edge replacement for MM who must be sacked at season end.
J.Bird.......Mbye.....Kerr....M.Mollo.... all Reserve grade.
Amone.....as well. Sloane to the wing. Not a fullback at this stage. Lomax to fullback, Rava to centre. A speedy new winger, for Rava.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Our problem is one of our long term forwards , is built like George Rose ...... Lawrie , needs to be coming off the bench , wrong body shape for the modern game ...... Just my opinion ........

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
J.Bird.......Mbye.....Kerr....M.Mollo.... all Reserve grade.
Amone.....as well. Sloane to the wing. Not a fullback at this stage. Lomax to fullback, Rava to centre. A speedy new winger, for Rava.
Lomax was tried at fullback a while ago. Didn't go well. But we really need someone who won't be thrown around like a rag doll. Like Dufty was and like Sloan is. I know he isn't very big but is he smaller than the Tigers fullback who has been tearing it up recently? Don't think so. And I think he's bigger than Papenhauzen also.

I like Rava to centre. Never thought of that.

Reactions: QDF

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Our problem is one of our long term forwards , is built like George Rose ...... Lawrie , needs to be coming off the bench , wrong body shape for the modern game ...... Just my opinion ........
I haven't wanted to say it as he gets so much love from Dragons fans but I agree about Lawrie. He gets smashed in the opening exchanges. Bring him on after 20min and leave him on for the 60 remaining. His main strength is the way he can keep going for a long time.

Eric

Staff
I haven't wanted to say it as he gets so much love from Dragons fans but I agree about Lawrie. He gets smashed in the opening exchanges. Bring him on after 20min and leave him on for the 60 remaining. His main strength is the way he can keep going for a long time.
I remember a few of us were having this conversation a year ago. Then Lawrie changed his running style of somerthing. Suddenly he started making way more metres. But this year he's been quite poor. If our forward pack wasn't so bad, he probably would have been dropped.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hate to burst your bubble but Block makes loads more runs and metres than any of our forwards. Dont be put off by his belly and his old fashioned put the leather under the arm and power into the defense approach. Our best pack man behind JDB for mine.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hate to burst your bubble but Block makes loads more runs and metres than any of our forwards. Dont be put off by his belly and his old fashioned put the leather under the arm and power into the defense approach. Our best pack man behind JDB for mine.
Well there you go , how weak is our pack .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sloane to the wing.
Be wasted on the wing. Griffin tried him there last year and he looked lost, not sure to stay put or go looking for the leather. You guys blind, Sloan has ball skills so get him in close where he can use them. Partner he with either Amone or Sullivan in the halves. Nothing to lose.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
For a prop yes. Good size for a back rower or lock. Pocket battleship, solid and makes more ground than his brother. Give them same minutes then you will see how good Michael is.
Don't think he's fast enough to be a decent edge backrower. Lock is probably his best position.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Be wasted on the wing. Griffin tried him there last year and he looked lost, not sure to stay put or go looking for the leather. You guys blind, Sloan has ball skills so get him in close where he can use them. Partner he with either Amone or Sullivan in the halves. Nothing to lose.
In the halves,he'd get absolutely murdered. It's wing or Reserve grade for me. He's a long way off 1st grade.Needs to build confidence, so wing is it.
Can't tackle.
Out of position,constantly.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
In the halves,he'd get absolutely murdered. It's wing or Reserve grade for me. He's a long way off 1st grade.Needs to build confidence, so wing is it.
Can't tackle.
Out of position,constantly.
Wing is also a problem for someone scared to run into the defence.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
In the halves,he'd get absolutely murdered.
e
Rubbish, seen his ball in hand skills, his vision, unlike Hunt and Amone he has the making of a game manager as he looks a natural organiser.Can not understand why the coaches dont see this. I'd like to see him put on 5-10 kilos while his defense and reading in defense will improve, still only 20. Then he will be a gun.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
e
Rubbish, seen his ball in hand skills, his vision, unlike Hunt and Amone he has the making of a game manager as he looks a natural organiser.Can not understand why the coaches dont see this. I'd like to see him put on 5-10 kilos while his defense and reading in defense will improve, still only 20. Then he will be a gun.
In attack I think he'd be a phenom at 5/8. But in the other half of the game, a catastrophe.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
e
The coaching staff can't see it because it's not there. Sloane is a winger in FG. Nothing more. In fact don't know why he's still in
FG. VERY rarely in position. Can't make a head on tackle. Lacks confidence,
Border on straight up to scared to tackle at all. Would of thought he'd be back in Reserves by now.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The coaching staff can't see it because it's not there. Sloane is a winger in FG. Nothing more. In fact don't know why he's still in
FG. VERY rarely in position. Can't make a head on tackle. Lacks confidence,
Border on straight up to scared to tackle at all. Would of thought he'd be back in Reserves by now.
He has talent and a lot of it but a lot of the time it looks like he's not even trying. I hoped things would turn around with Hook gone but they haven't. In fact, the last 2 games might have been among his worst yet. Something needs to be done about him and quickly. If we are to avoid the spoon. I think tough love is in order. Tell him he won't be offered a new contract the way things stand right now.

He's not a winger. A big part of the modern wingers game is running hard, getting the team on the front foot after kicks when the forwards are still making their way back onside. Imagine Sloan trying to do that?

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
He has talent and a lot of it but a lot of the time it looks like he's not even trying. I hoped things would turn around with Hook gone but they haven't. In fact, the last 2 games might have been among his worst yet. Something needs to be done about him and quickly. If we are to avoid the spoon. I think tough love is in order. Tell him he won't be offered a new contract the way things stand right now.

He's not a winger. A big part of the modern wingers game is running hard, getting the team on the front foot after kicks when the forwards are still making their way back onside. Imagine Sloan trying to do that?
Yes see your point. Looks like he's a Reserve grade player at best. We definitely need a competent fullback. Sloane is not a first grader.
Hope Ramsey recovers.
He was just coming good.
Good luck Young Ramsey,
Get well soon.