Round 12: St George Illawarra v Sydney Roosters

Eric

Staff
Excellent thanks. dead set I struggle reading newspaper print these days.
Do you know how to make the text bigger? See the "TT" symbol with a little arrow in the toolbar? Click on it and you can change the size of the text. As big as this.
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE CRUX OF THE PROBLEM, WITHOUT GO FORWARD SLOAN'S RUNNING GAME IS NEGATED. WE SAW HOW HE COMES ALIVE WHEN THE DUMMY HALF AND HALF ARE TAKING THE TEAM FORWARD. HE SHOWED THAT ON ANZAC DAY AND PRIOR TO LIDDLES BANISHMENT. LIDDLE WENT MISSING IN ATTACK YESTERDAY, 27MS HE RAN, WHILE HUNT RARELY MOVED THE BALL WIDE. THEN OTHER THAN JACK, OUR FORWARDS GROUND TO A HALT AS THEIR FITNESS GAVE OUT.
In the first half, there was plenty of go-forward. There were several times when he got the ball, plenty of room to move, to take on the line but didn't. And then the issue of his kick returns. -6m PCM! Minus! Absolutely unacceptable.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Do you know how to make the text bigger? See the "TT" symbol with a little arrow in the toolbar? Click on it and you can change the size of the text. As big as this.

In the first half, there was plenty of go-forward. There were several times when he got the ball, plenty of room to move, to take on the line but didn't. And then the issue of his kick returns. -6m PCM! Minus! Absolutely unacceptable.
He wasn't playing for the previous coach. He didn't play for the new coach. Give him one more chance with a warning he isn't playing for the coach but for his position in the team and for a new contract.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
His season stats tell a different story to what you and others are saying. His one downside is his defense, well I have to tell you Sloan is not the first indigenous player to suffer from that malady.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Give him one more chance with a warning he isn't playing for the coach but for his position in the team and for a new contract.
His stats this season tell me he will get another contract. Indigenous kids need a kick up the rear end sometimes to move them. He is 20 and still maturing.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
100%. At least Liddle has been recalled but JDB at prop, not lock and Kerr in the 17 is unfathomable!
Need Mustgrave to start.
JDB to lock.
Frank Molo to prop.
Bird out on his arse.
So F.Molo,Liddle, Mustgrave, front row.
Suli& MM 2ndrow.
JDB lock.
Starting pack. Now that's got some grunt.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Need Mustgrave to start.
JDB to lock.
Frank Molo to prop.
Bird out on his arse.
Suli& MM 2ndrow.
JDB lock.
I like Bird on the bench for his utility value. Also like Suli and Su'a as the starting second rowers. But as has been pointed out, it'll take a while for Suli to be fit enough to play long minutes in the forwards. That's why Bird on the bench is useful.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Need Mustgrave to start.
JDB to lock.
Frank Molo to prop.
Bird out on his arse.
Suli& MM 2ndrow.
JDB lock.
Welcome to the forum.
Suli in the second row is a difficult decision. Because who is going to replace him in the centres and because he's been playing well. Rava also. But at the same time, we definitely need more speed in the backline. Maybe Feagai will have to be the one to go.

Reactions: QDF

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
he's a jack of all trades, master of none. I hope Bird is on t
I'd relate that description to Bird not Mbye. Imho Mbye sucks at only one spine position, hooker while Bird sucked at his only spine position, 5/8, then lock and now back row. I believe he is surplus to requirements and we should part with him.. if anybody wants him that is.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'd relate that description to Bird not Mbye. Imho Mbye sucks at only one spine position, hooker while Bird sucked at his only spine position, 5/8, then lock and now back row. I believe he is surplus to requirements and we should part with him.. if anybody wants him that is.
There is something to be said for this being true...... But Mybe sucks at fullback as well.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Welcome to the forum.
Suli in the second row is a difficult decision. Because who is going to replace him in the centres and because he's been playing well. Rava also. But at the same time, we definitely need more speed in the backline. Maybe Feagai will have to be the one to go.
Fast track Tamale for Suli and Sione Finua for Feagai. Frank Molo needs to lift his game, his brother has more impact and he is almost 10k less. Rava would be damaging coming late off the bench against tired players while Suli would make an excellent edge replacement for MM who must be sacked at season end.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Fast track Tamale for Suli and Sione Finua for Feagai. Frank Molo needs to lift his game, his brother has more impact and he is almost 10k less. Rava would be damaging coming late off the bench against tired players while Suli would make an excellent edge replacement for MM who must be sacked at season end.
Michael Molo must be sacked? I think he's off contract. I don't think he's been that bad. As you said, better than his brother.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Michael Molo is to small.
Frank MOLO has more impact. Sack Bird he's useless.
Sua had a good game against the chooks.