Round 12 v Canterbury Bulldogs

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Honestly Hunt cannot run the plays from 9 he is our playmaker and cpt on a $1m salary and this coach will not move him to allow an unproven youngster in Sullivan to play 7 it just won't happen.
I think you are right. Not saying I agree with the coach. I'm on the fence. As you say, Sullivan is yet unproven. In 2 games he'll have to not only kick down the door but blow the house up in order for Griffin to move Hunt. And McCullough to a slightly lesser extent.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Honestly Hunt cannot run the plays from 9 he is our playmaker and cpt on a $1m salary and this coach will not move him to allow an unproven youngster in Sullivan to play 7 it just won't happen.
No let Sully make the plays , Hunt can play what's in front of him , Hunt is playing well individually , he really doesn't set up much for our backs and last play options not that good and hasn't been for years , like I said got nothing to lose

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think you are right. Not saying I agree with the coach. I'm on the fence. As you say, Sullivan is yet unproven. In 2 games he'll have to not only kick down the door but blow the house up in order for Griffin to move Hunt. And McCullough to a slightly lesser extent.
In my view McCullough try last week cements his place at 9 only injuries will remove him. Unfortunately I can see Sullivan losing his spot in the 17 as a result. Ramsay stats at fullback since returning will keep Sloan in 2nds barring injury.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
In my view McCullough try last week cements his place at 9 only injuries will remove him. Unfortunately I can see Sullivan losing his spot in the 17 as a result. Ramsay stats at fullback since returning will keep Sloan in 2nds barring injury.
Is Sullivan the hooker such a big loss? I'm not so sure. He's an improvement on Macca but I think Mbye might have an edge as far as playing hooker goes.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No let Sully make the plays , Hunt can play what's in front of him , Hunt is playing well individually , he really doesn't set up much for our backs and last play options not that good and hasn't been for years , like I said got nothing to lose
That is not how it works. Sullivan would have been the shadow half back at pre season training so yes he would know the plays but the game is a business these days and the position pecking order will not change in my view. I can see Sullivan being returned to 2nds shortly unfortunately

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is Sullivan the hooker such a big loss? I'm not so sure. He's an improvement on Macca but I think Mbye might have an edge as far as playing hooker goes.
This particular coach has shown he is loyal to players who have been moved around the team and taken a hit for the team so with that belief you will see Sullivan and Sloan back to reserve grade, Lawrie off the bench with Mbye barring injuries, the starting pack being Molo McCullough Woods Mcguire Sims JDB just my opinion.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I don't doubt @jodragon really knows what he is talking about but in this case, I have a feeling Sullivan may be a better playmaker. But that's just a feeling based on the little I have seen.
This particular coach has shown he is loyal to players who have been moved around the team and taken a hit for the team so with that belief you will see Sullivan and Sloan back to reserve grade, Lawrie off the bench with Mbye barring injuries, the starting pack being Molo McCullough Woods Mcguire Sims JDB just my opinion.
Su'a will probably be back for next game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't doubt @jodragon really knows what he is talking about but in this case, I have a feeling Sullivan may be a better playmaker. But that's just a feeling based on the little I have seen.

Su'a will probably be back for next game.
My mistake Sua will be in the starting pack so Woods out onto the bench. I see Sullivan is playing now in reserves against the ladder leading Panthers

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my humble opinion, club needs one more good prop. Woods and Burgess I'm afraid aren't getting the job done anymore. Macca might be much better with better go-forward as well. Hunt or Sullivan is a luxury. But next season it'll definitely be an issue if both are still at the club.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
That is not how it works. Sullivan would have been the shadow half back at pre season training so yes he would know the plays but the game is a business these days and the position pecking order will not change in my view. I can see Sullivan being returned to 2nds shortly unfortunately
He will return to 2nds as you say , but what is stopping it from working , Macca , Mybe , or Hook thinking they will make the 8 with this team , of experienced players ...... Sorry his selections don't cut it with me ...... Anyway its good to have views , as I have mine lets just hope that we do get there and the team improves with who ever plays ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In my humble opinion, club needs one more good prop. Woods and Burgess I'm afraid aren't getting the job done anymore. Macca might be much better with better go-forward as well. Hunt or Sullivan is a luxury. But next season it'll definitely be an issue if both are still at the club.
100% spot on we need a big bopper I was hoping someone along the lines of Nelson Asofa Mona but he has resigned with Storm. Until we get one we will struggle. I also like the Warriors front rower Fanoua Blake who is a stand out in a poor team.