SGI NSW Cup
I'll give it a shot.
  1. Cody Ramsey - 6
  2. Mathew Feagai - 7
  3. Moses Suli - 7
  4. Zac Lomax - 7
  5. Tatau Moga - 6
  6. Talatau Amone - 7
  7. Ben Hunt - 7 Definitely been told to delegate to Amone more. He, Amone and the team are better for it.
  8. FrancisMolo - 6
  9. Moses Mbye - 7 Tried hard but not a natural hooker.
  10. Blake Lawrie - 6
  11. Jack Bird - 6
  12. Tariq Sims - 6
  13. Jack de Belin - 7
  14. Andrew McCullough - 6
  15. Aaron Woods - 6
  16. Michael Molo - 5
  17. Tyrell Fuimaono - 5
I guess as my rating suggests, no one really stood out at either end of the spectrum.
I will reserve judgement until I have seen the replay.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I have only seen the highlights and saw stats for run metres and tackles.

Once again, according to Fox Sports stats, our backs dominated theirs for run metres and their forwards didn't "dominate" but comfortably beat our forwards for running metres. JDB topped the tackle count and everyone one of them was probably very effective.
  1. Cody Ramsey - safe under bomb.. chimed into backline often. Not convinced he is a better custodian than Sloan.
  2. Mathew Feagai - a quiet game.
  3. Moses Suli - powerful as usual.
  4. Zac Lomax - still lacking clean ball in space
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - Moga. like Feigai, insufficient ball.
  6. Talatau Amone - a work in progress. Needs to take on the line more as he is good on his feet.
  7. Ben Hunt - did not do a lot other than his try. Looks a good player when he takes on the line. He misses too many easy tackles like the one from he and Bird on Dufty that created their late try.
  8. FrancisMolo - took ball up strongly
  9. Moses Mbye - wasted at dummy half
  10. Blake Lawrie - took ball up strongly.. scored his maiden try. Well done Block
  11. Jack Bird - a waste of space.. gets most minutes and does least with them
  12. Tariq Sims - has lifted his game past three weeks.. probably as now his future has been decided. How does he get into Blues team ahead of JDB tho.
  13. Jack de Belin - tackled everything that moved, good work as second 5/8 plus did his fair share of hit ups.
  14. Andrew McCullough - a decent little cameo. Move Hunt to hooker and give Macca those last few minutes every game
  15. Aaron Woods - best game for us
  16. Michael Molo - few chances.. is strong like his brother
  17. Tyrell Fuimaono - hardly seen

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

This is the only link I can find for Dragons stats per game. Trouble is it is not for the '22 season. It has Gerard Beale listed.. so no stats on our new recruits. Go figure.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Guys do we have a rumors thread?

Talk doing the rounds is Sloan, Sullivan and Amone, our 3 Amigos, hate the way Griffin has treated them by backing his veteran uderperforming Qld mates over them. Bennett and Gould are sniffing.

Latest is Dragons and Bulldogs are reportedly set to be involved in a shock player swap for the respective services of Kyle Flanagan and Jayden Sullivan.

If we lose any of this talented trio Griffin should be out the same door with a noose around his neck.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - safe under bomb.. chimed into backline often. Not convinced he is a better custodian than Sloan.
Been saying it for the last few weeks. Ramsey isn't a bad fullback but Sloan has so much more upside in his game. But someone said it was worth giving him a few weeks to get his confidence back in reserve grade. It was weird Griffin kept him in reserve grade and then brought him back in on a windy night with heavy rain. And that round, Sloan was far from the only fullback who struggled under the high ball. It included Tedesco for example.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Rumor going around that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone, our 3 Amigos, hate the way Griffin has treated them by backing his veteran Qld mates over them. Bennett and Gould are sniffing.

If we lose them then Griffin should be out the same door with a noose around his neck.
After the Cronulla game they both deserved a rocket but I was surprised they were dropped. Especially Sloan because Ramsey was injured and Mybe isn't a first grade standard fullback by any measure.

Eric

Staff
Guys do we have a rumors thread?

Talk doing the rounds is Sloan, Sullivan and Amone, our 3 Amigos, hate the way Griffin has treated them by backing his veteran Qld mates over them. Bennett and Gould are sniffing.

Latest is Dragons and Bulldogs are reportedly set to be involved in a shock player swap for the respective services of Kyle Flanagan and Jayden Sullivan.

If we lose any of this talented trio Griffin should be out the same door with a noose around his neck.
We talked about this last week. And talked about forming a lynch mob to come for the coaching staff if it were true. Then the club officially replied that they have no interest in such a swap. I think it was the Phillip Ronald Gould putting it out there, knowing there's no way the Dragons would even consider it but he was hoping to get Shane Flanagan offside.

Been saying for a while, Griffin seems to want his old Broncos U20s team from about 15 years ago. McCullough, McGuire, Hunt, Alvaro and last year he got Gerald Beale out of retirement.

It was probably justified for most of them but now there are better juniors. I'm thinking maybe Sullivan is a better option at halfback than Hunt. I know he isn't "better" at this stage but for the much less money he is on and his potential, I think the club should try and ship Hunt off to Redcliff at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
sorry I should have read the date of the article.. 25th.

I'm thinking maybe Sullivan is a better option at halfback than Hunt. I know he isn't "better" at this stage but for the much less money he is on and his potential, I think the club should try and ship Hunt off to Redcliff at the end of the season.

Bud is a good player but doubt he'll be a great half. IMO he is the least skillful of the three kids. Plus there is one upside to getting Flanaghan as it will likely keep his old man here and ready to step into the coaching boots when Griffin is sacked. Is there any chance Bennett will make a play for Hunt.
I think Sullivan has the ball skills and Amone the running game. Like Cleary and Luai at Penrith. I haven't heard anything about him going to Redcliff. Just putting out the possibility.

Anyway, I guess we are going to see Sullivan get a chance for at least 2 games in the Origin period.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Sullivan has the ball skills and Amone the running game. Like Cleary and Luai at Penrith. I haven't heard anything about him going to Redcliff. Just putting out the possibility.

Anyway, I guess we are going to see Sullivan get a chance for at least 2 games in the Origin period.
I'm a Hunt fan but as for value for money, Sullivan may be better even now.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I have tried to be but I see the obscene amount of money we paid for him and wince at what we have gotten in return. For three years he was a dud.. only now he is skipper has his game lifted.. he has passion now for the RedV, improved playmaking.. a smart kicking game and is at his best when taking on the line. The only aspect of his game that has improved the least is his defense. Last time I looked at his stats he was topping the NRL list for missed tackles.
Yeah but remember the coach was Paul McGregor. Last year and so far this year he has been good but with Sullivan there instead and more money for a top forward, think the team would be better.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Correct. Boy was this bloke over rated. Never settled in as a Dragon as he never got over leaving the Tigers. Plus Widdop and Marshall just did not hit it off probably due to the latter's massive ego.
He went well after he left the Dragons. And Hunt has been good since McGregor left.

Water under the bridge now.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I have only seen the highlights and saw stats for run metres and tackles.

Once again, according to Fox Sports stats, our backs dominated theirs for run metres and their forwards didn't "dominate" but comfortably beat our forwards for running metres. JDB topped the tackle count and everyone one of them was probably very effective.
  1. Cody Ramsey -
  2. Mathew Feagai -
  3. Moses Suli -
  4. Zac Lomax -
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa -
  6. Talatau Amone -
  7. Ben Hunt -
  8. FrancisMolo -
  9. Moses Mbye -
  10. Blake Lawrie -
  11. Jack Bird -
  12. Tariq Sims -
  13. Jack de Belin -
  14. Andrew McCullough -
  15. Aaron Woods -
  16. Michael Molo -
  17. Tyrell Fuimaono -
The two points is nice but otherwise the bye weekend is boring. I'll also wait for a replay.