Round 13 vs Penrith

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt is overrated. I won't argue with anyone on that. But he is way better than Kyle Flanno. I think with the Couchmans and Sione Finau in the team and Marschke at 5/8, Kyle in NSW Cup, this team might turn the corner. Won't be ready to win a premiership but will be much better.
Hunt yep is better yep but money wise and what wins we get when he is playing out weighs that .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt yep is better yep but money wise and what wins we get when he is playing out weighs that .......
What wins we get? Kyle Flanno has started at 5/8 in every game. JDB has also played every game for that matter. Anyway, I don't want to defend Hunt. I've been critical of him for a while and highly critical for the past year. I'm just saying he's much better than Kyle Flanno.

I think this team has some fixable problems. Kyle being the biggest problem. Bird and the resulting lack of speed in the backs is next. Short one or two good props is the last.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
What wins we get? Kyle Flanno has started at 5/8 in every game. JDB has also played every game for that matter. Anyway, I don't want to defend Hunt. I've been critical of him for a while and highly critical for the past year. I'm just saying he's much better than Kyle Flanno.

I think this team has some fixable problems. Kyle being the biggest problem. Bird and the resulting lack of speed in the backs is next. Short one or two good props is the last.
Ok let's look at it this way for the money Hunt is on and the money Kyle is on the same team we have now will Hunt win us more games with him playing and Kyle not playing and visa versa . . So for value for money and what we get out of Hunt Young Flanno will do me until we find a real 7 and 6 .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ok let's look at it this way for the money Hunt is on and the money Kyle is on the same team we have now will Hunt win us more games with him playing and Kyle not playing and visa versa . . So for value for money and what we get out of Hunt Young Flanno will do me until we find a real 7 and 6 .......
For the money, Hunt is performing way worse than Kyle. As for ability and form, Hunt is way better than Kyle.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Kyle alone for his goal kicking a 4 the guys no super star but if we are , well I am judging him on the few games he has had compared to our Super Star 7 who has had how many years and still can't produce when every single thing comes of him ....... Kyle a 6 for me ........ If Hunt did play would we have won ? It's just refreshing to see others having a go at controlling the team instead of the Sook ......... But as always I respect your thoughts as we don't always have to agree ........
A 6. So how would you rate Marschke, JDB, RFM? For me if Kyle is 6, Marschke is at least 8 but after that first half, when Marschke was almost as bad as Kyle, do you think 8 is fair?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno won't drop Kyle anyway. Unless Frank Molo is out injured, the Couchmans will probably get dropped as well. I think that is all about Kyle as well. Flanno saying, "See, I'm not favoring Kyle." Or everyone throwing up their arms about Couchmans being dropped and taking the attention away from Kyle as a result. I'm just saying what I want to happen.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tyrell Sloan 5/10
Bit harsh. A couple of hiccups attacking the ball in the wet otherwise far more positives than negatives. He has added real intent to his defense and kick returns this season, while his attack now has another asset, the grubber and the chip and chase. BOD recognizes his improvement with their further two year offer. Whether those are played at the back or not, time will tell.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Guys the simple truth is with this trio running the ship, Hunt, KF and Marschke we aint gonna topple the top sides when they have their full personnel. We must start looking for a quality game manager now as a priority!!!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Did the Fegais do sufficient to maintain their spots. There is marked improvement from both from last season but are they now up to long term Firsts standard. I'd be tempted to send Max back to Ressies, Matt to centre with Zac returning. Matt gave us nitemares on the wing last season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Did the Fegais do sufficient to maintain their spots. There is marked improvement from both from last season but are they now up to long term Firsts standard. I'd be tempted to send Max back to Ressies, Matt to centre with Zac returning. Matt gave us nitemares on the wing last season.
At least 1 of them did but Zac will be back next week.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Then why hasnt he gotten us to a final in his six years , make that 7 with another failure this season. KF has just started with us, if he has the ability and consistency deep inside him it will come out over the next couple of years.
Good point. This is what annoys me most about the Kyle issue. He has never played a good game. I highly doubt this year or at any of his previous 3 clubs he has ever gotten a Dally M point.

If Kyle isn't too bad, it's marked up as him playing well. Even in the second half last week, he was far from "good". Just wasn't so bad while Marshke wasn't so bad in the first half, was "good" in the second half.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
For the money, Hunt is performing way worse than Kyle. As for ability and form, Hunt is way better than Kyle.
Yes but we are getting better results with Hunt on a mill or close to that , no I don't think we are ....... That's my point, whether or not Hunt is a better player ( SOO , Australian player ) we are not getting the results from our marquee signing ....... I'd let him move on , second time he has come out and wants out ...... I have said this before and again this is just my thoughts and it may eventually come out that Lomax going has something to do with Hunt ......... Anyway all good enough on this I've had my say you have had yours and I do see where your coming from , but you also need to see my point ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes but we are getting better results with Hunt on a mill or close to that , no I don't think we are ....... That's my point, whether or not Hunt is a better player ( SOO , Australian player ) we are not getting the results from our marquee signing ....... I'd let him move on , second time he has come out and wants out ...... I have said this before and again this is just my thoughts and it may eventually come out that Lomax going has something to do with Hunt ......... Anyway all good enough on this I've had my say you have had yours and I do see where your coming from , but you also need to see my point ........
I see your point. I'm in total agreement about needing to find a good 5/8 and a good, game managing 1/2. The only thing we differ on is which needs to go first.