Round 13 vs Penrith

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My view, it's been, well at least on 2 occasions, the lack of a utility back using a 2nd rower to mark a centre is never going to end well. Then the mental mindset when things are looking lost. Just my views
I think Bird will make a good bench utility when he comes back in about a month.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Luch is not only a powerhouse runner but posesses surprisingly good ball skills, take his floating cutout for Matts try. Probably the play that broke the Panthers resolve and gave the two coaches reason for some rare emotion in the box..

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Luch is not only a powerhouse runner but posesses surprisingly good ball skills, take his floating cutout for Matts try.
I like the following team. Sadly it might mean Lawrie has to make way. Both Couchman's and Eisenhuth in the pack means Lawrie's higher work rate than Molo and RFM isn't needed.
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Feagai
  4. Suli
  5. Lomax
  6. Marschke (was easily better than Flanno jnr last night)
  7. Hunt (VC)
  8. Frank Molo
  9. Liddle
  10. RFM
  11. Su'a
  12. Leilua
  13. JDB (C)
14. T. Couchman
15. R. Couchman
16. Eisenhuth (because he's a Flanno favorite. Not realistic calling for him to be dropped)
17. Flanno jnr (because it's not realistic for Flanno to drop him)

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Afraid this too is not realistic, tho it should be the case. As much as we'd like both Couchmans in the 17 does Flanagan as he only gave Ryan the last 18 mins. Hate to say it but I think BMM cemented a bench spot as he is more than useful in short bursts using his huge frame against tired defenses.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Afraid this too is not realistic, tho it should be the case. As much as we'd like both Couchmans in the 17 does Flanagan as he only gave Ryan the last 18 mins. Hate to say it but I think BMM cemented a bench spot as he is more than useful in short bursts using his huge frame against tired defenses.
Big body but looks like he is much easier to bring down than Couchmans.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Letting that ball bounce with 8mins left could have blown up in our face. Luckily it bounced on the spot. Reckon it was Sloans but one of the other guys in front of him looked at first to be taking it so Tyrell slowed. But when no one got under it, it was not a good look.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Letting that ball bounce with 8mins left could have blown up in out face. Reckon it was Sloans but one of the other guys in front of him looked at first to be taking it so Tyrell slowed. But when no one got under it, it was not a good look..
Difficult conditions to catch bombs but he has to do it.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Looked to me that whenever Jack played receiver we came up with good ground or a try. He threw the final pass for one try and put Marschke into a hole.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Something todays play maker rarely does is switch the play or point of attack. You will see it often in the 'Roos games I posted. Like to see us doing it as is a good strategy to confuse the defense.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan 5/10
  2. Sione Finau 7/10
  3. Moses Suli 6/10
  4. Max Feagai 6/10
  5. Mathew Feagai 6/10
  6. Kyle Flanagan 4/10
  7. Jesse Marschke 6/10
  8. Francis Molo 4/10 Injured early
  9. Jacob Liddle 7/10 played 80 min, didn't he?
  10. Jack de Belin 9/10
  11. Luciano Leilua 7/10
  12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 8/10
  13. Tom Eisenhuth 6/10
  14. Blake Lawrie 7/10
  15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 6/10
  16. Toby Couchman 8/10
  17. Ryan Couchman 6/10 limited minutes
Forwards dominated due to conditions. Finau was the pick of the backs, IMO.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Tyrell Sloan 5/10
  2. Sione Finau 7/10
  3. Moses Suli 6/10
  4. Max Feagai 6/10
  5. Mathew Feagai 6/10
  6. Kyle Flanagan 4/10
  7. Jesse Marschke 6/10
  8. Francis Molo 4/10 Injured early
  9. Jacob Liddle 7/10 played 80 min, didn't he?
  10. Jack de Belin 9/10
  11. Luciano Leilua 7/10
  12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 8/10
  13. Tom Eisenhuth 6/10
  14. Blake Lawrie 7/10
  15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 6/10
  16. Toby Couchman 8/10
  17. Ryan Couchman 6/10 limited minutes
Forwards dominated due to conditions. Finau was the pick of the backs, IMO.
  1. Jesse Marschke 6/10 this guy was the best of the backs and you are are but harsh on Kyle ........

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Jesse Marschke 6/10 this guy was the best of the backs and you are are but harsh on Kyle ........
How do you rate Kyle out of 10? In the first half he stunk it up and in the second I only remember him pulling in that offload he could have been forgiven for dropping. I might have missed some things he did. I thought Marschke was ok as well. I was tempted to go 7.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Kyle alone for his goal kicking a 4 the guys no super star but if we are , well I am judging him on the few games he has had compared to our Super Star 7 who has had how many years and still can't produce when every single thing comes of him ....... Kyle a 6 for me ........ If Hunt did play would we have won ? It's just refreshing to see others having a go at controlling the team instead of the Sook ......... But as always I respect your thoughts as we don't always have to agree ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Kyle alone for his goal kicking a 4 the guys no super star but if we are , well I am judging him on the few games he has had compared to our Super Star 7 who has had how many years and still can't produce when every single thing comes of him ....... Kyle a 6 for me ........ If Hunt did play would we have won ? It's just refreshing to see others having a go at controlling the team instead of the Sook ......... But as always I respect your thoughts as we don't always have to agree ........
Hunt is overrated. I won't argue with anyone on that. But he is way better than Kyle Flanno. I think with the Couchmans and Sione Finau in the team and Marschke at 5/8, Kyle in NSW Cup, this team might turn the corner. Won't be ready to win a premiership but will be much better.