Round 17: St George Illawarra vs The Dolphins

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I thought Eisenhuth had a deal on the table, but maybe he doesnt.. or maybe it depends on JDB... He was so good early this year, perhaps carrying an injury...

Its interesting timing though cause if playing for a contract, youd think Eisenhuth would be fully motivated.

We do need every position we can get though... but by all accounts Toms professionalism etc was rly appreciated earlier this year.. but we did purchase him as a 2nd rower I thought..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I thought Eisenhuth had a deal on the table, but maybe he doesnt.. or maybe it depends on JDB... He was so good early this year, perhaps carrying an injury...

Its interesting timing though cause if playing for a contract, youd think Eisenhuth would be fully motivated.

We do need every position we can get though... but by all accounts Toms professionalism etc was rly appreciated earlier this year.. but we did purchase him as a 2nd rower I thought..
I thought he was in to be a tackling machine but his tackling really isn't that good. I think Toby and Ryan are better defenders.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm sure thats the case but I also think Ryan is better than Eisenhuth now. I'd be starting Toby at lock and brining Ryan into the 17. Blocka is better coming off the bench. If JDB is going to re-sign I think our engine room is ok for nect year. Maybe don't need to offer that Tigers prop huge money. Why do none of our coaches rate Liddle? He goes alright as far as I can see.
Mate we are 1 big bodied prop short of being able to play semi finals football next season in my view. Eisenhuth does his job, his job is not to score tries its to ensure he plugs up the middle of the park in defence. The Couchman's will be playing 1st grade on a regular basis soon enough, there's no need to rush them, nurture them allow them time to mature and get use to the rigours of 1st grade. Liddle goes good but like his predecessor McCullough he doesn't offer that zip and attacking prowess out of dummy half. The coach has decided to bring in Cook and then nick that young hooker from the Dogs, Cook will mentor him, he's looking towards the future. The future is bright. If I'm still around I'd suggest this is a 5 yr plan to win us our 2nd premiership sometime after 2026. Patience is a virtue.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I thought he was in to be a tackling machine but his tackling really isn't that good. I think Toby and Ryan are better defenders.
Gee whiz your a hard marker Eisenhuth in my view has been excellent. His stat's are Top 10 in the competition so far. He's avg 37 tackles per game he misses 2.5 a game but most of that avg came in 2 games when he was moved to centres at the last minute. The Couchman's will get their chance.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

I rate Eisenhuth he has a job to do for the team and he has done that job apart from the two games he was moved to play centre which the coach knows was a mistake.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Gee whiz your a hard marker Eisenhuth in my view has been excellent. His stat's are Top 10 in the competition so far. He's avg 37 tackles per game he misses 2.5 a game but most of that avg came in 2 games when he was moved to centres at the last minute. The Couchman's will get their chance.
29 run metres yesterday. 29! 32 tackles, two missed. Zero Tackle upgraded his stats from 29 to 39m. I don't think he's bad. He goes alright, does his job for the most part though according to Zero Tackle stats, he has some really bad days in defence. 29 tackles against Manly and 6 misses! I just think Ryan Couchman is a better option.

Jack de Belin had 111 run metres 37 tackles.

In 35min Toby C had 80 run metres, 14 tackles.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
29 run metres yesterday. 29! 32 tackles, two missed. Zero Tackle upgraded his stats from 29 to 39m. I don't think he's bad. He goes alright, does his job for the most part though according to Zero Tackle stats, he has some really bad days in defence. 29 tackles against Manly and 6 misses! I just think Ryan Couchman is a better option.

You also have to take into consideration his experience and professionalism. He took 2 big hits for the team having to play in the centres. Team mates and of course the coach would have appreciated that even though they were his worst games this season. The youngsters learn their trade from players like this. Just my experience

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

According to Zero Tackle, Jack ran for 130m.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
You also have to take into consideration his experience and professionalism. He took 2 big hits for the team having to play in the centres. Team mates and of course the coach would have appreciated that even though they were his worst games this season. The youngsters learn their trade from players like this. Just my experience
The Bulldogs game and in which other game was he forced to play centre?

I don't really rate Eisenhuth. He's a professional as you say and a hard worker but not talented. He's not a good defender for a forward. Sometimes his running game is okay but not usually.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate we are 1 big bodied prop short of being able to play semi finals football next season in my view. Eisenhuth does his job, his job is not to score tries its to ensure he plugs up the middle of the park in defence. The Couchman's will be playing 1st grade on a regular basis soon enough, there's no need to rush them, nurture them allow them time to mature and get use to the rigours of 1st grade. Liddle goes good but like his predecessor McCullough he doesn't offer that zip and attacking prowess out of dummy half. The coach has decided to bring in Cook and then nick that young hooker from the Dogs, Cook will mentor him, he's looking towards the future. The future is bright. If I'm still around I'd suggest this is a 5 yr plan to win us our 2nd premiership sometime after 2026. Patience is a virtue.
Need a few. Need a 5/8 and a centre. In my opinion, that is more of a pressing need.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The Bulldogs game and in which other game was he forced to play centre?

I don't really rate Eisenhuth. He's a professional as you say and a hard worker but not talented. He's not a good defender for a forward. Sometimes his running game is okay but not usually.
Roosters

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt had a couple of try assists and line break assists, kicking was ok.
Reckon statisticians like throwing in TAs that Hunt has not done. Such as a last pass or a chip into the in goal that has taken a player plenty of work to score from. An example was two, three games back when a fast thinking Sloan parried back a Hunt kick for Flanagan to score. It was Sloans TA but Hunt was given the credit.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Eisenhuth does his job, his job is not to score tries its to ensure he plugs up the middle of the park in defence.
Other than one 56 tackle match he has been moderate only in that mission. You dont employ a bloke to do half a job in sport. Prefer we spent some coin on a good middle defender who can give us 80/100m every game,with some ball skills too as a bonus.