Round 17: St George Illawarra vs The Dolphins

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hate to be negative but Ryan Couchman in the 17 would add so much more than Eisenhuth.
I dont personally know the coach but he is professional and no doubt in my mind he would have spoken to players such as the Couchman brothers and told them what his expectations were of them and that they are in his future plans and to improve their skills for 1st grade .

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I dont personally know the coach but he is professional and no doubt in my mind he would have spoken to players such as the Couchman brothers and told them what his expectations were of them and that they are in his future plans and to improve their skills for 1st grade .
I'm sure thats the case but I also think Ryan is better than Eisenhuth now. I'd be starting Toby at lock and brining Ryan into the 17. Blocka is better coming off the bench. If JDB is going to re-sign I think our engine room is ok for nect year. Maybe don't need to offer that Tigers prop huge money. Why do none of our coaches rate Liddle? He goes alright as far as I can see.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan 7/10
  2. Christian Tuipulotu 7/10
  3. Moses Suli 8/10
  4. Max Feagai 6/10
  5. Mathew Feagai 5/10 (was good while he was on.)
  6. Kyle Flanagan 3/10 (forwards dominated but still no tries, no line breaks or assists.)
  7. Ben Hunt 5/10 (Better in the second half.)
  8. Francis Molo 7/10
  9. Jacob Liddle 7/10
  10. Jack de Belin 8/10
  11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 7/10
  12. Jaydn Su’A 9/10
  13. Tom Eisenhuth 5/10
  14. Blake Lawrie 6/10
  15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 5/10
  16. Toby Couchman 7/10
  17. Luciano Leilua 7/10

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Great 2nd half performance. Su'a was immense playing at ctr, our defence was great & our attack was clunky. We need to give Suli more ball in our attacking 20, I don't think he touched it once in that area. Luciano was great off the bench, he added impact & variety in attack. He's had a few good games off the bench & that should be the plan moving forward. CT was immense, dolphins couldn't stop his carries from our backfield.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Great 2nd half performance. Su'a was immense playing at ctr, our defence was great & our attack was clunky. We need to give Suli more ball in our attacking 20, I don't think he touched it once in that area. Luciano was great off the bench, he added impact & variety in attack. He's had a few good games off the bench & that should be the plan moving forward. CT was immense, dolphins couldn't stop his carries from our backfield.
I hoped Finau would get selected but there is no doubting CT was one of our best.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hate to be negative but Ryan Couchman in the 17 would add so much more than Eisenhuth.
Not being negative at all. MORE REALISTIC. Pity Flanagan cant see this, or does not want to. Eisenhuth ran a 'massive' 30m yesterday while most of the other forwards ran 100+

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He's had a few good games off the bench & that should be the plan moving forward.
Dont agree. Besides didnt Luch go to the edge when he came on RFM in the middle. That to me has to be the way forward. Before his injury he was immense on the edge. Mariner back to the bench.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
One Dolphin that impressed me was their lock Max Plath, looks like a smaller version of Jack and hits like him too, 49 tackles no less. He was also their busiest forward. Perhaps one to look at when Jack retires.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
One Dolphin that impressed me was their lock Max Plath, looks like a smaller version of Jack and hits like him too, 49 tackles no less. He was also their busiest forward. Perhaps one to look at when Jack retires.
Have both Couchman's to play in the middle for the next 10 years.