Round 17: St George Illawarra vs The Dolphins

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think Flanno would be right in thinking about this game as must win. Have a hard draw coming up and Dolphins aren't that good at all. Not one of the top teams. Simply have to beat them.
I think they will play semi finals football this year. The Dolphins are a group of journeymen especially in the engine room but are extremely well coached. They have the bye next week so if they beat us the could be back in the top 4 in a fortnight

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think they will play semi finals football this year. The Dolphins are a group of journeymen especially in the engine room but are extremely well coached. They have the bye next week so if they beat us the could be back in the top 4 in a fortnight
Bennett recruited right. None of their recruits are really good but a good mix of veterans, young players, big players, fast players. As opposed to Flanno who just wants to recruit backrowers no other club wants and big but slow wingers. And the worst 5/8 in the competition by far.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Look at their position on the table. I think they are pushing for finals as an absolute minimum. Probably hopeful for a top 4 finish.

Penrith and Melbourne are locks for the top 4. Unfortunately I think the Roosters will make it as well. I reckon one top 4 spot up for grabs.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bennett recruited right. None of their recruits are really good but a good mix of veterans, young players, big players, fast players. As opposed to Flanno who just wants to recruit backrowers no other club wants and big but slow wingers. And the worst 5/8 in the competition by far.
It would appear that blood is thicker than water.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looking at our final 19, Lomax is out and Suli is in with no other centres who could fill his spot (RyanC is 18th, Brown is 19th).. I guess this means Suli is playing no matter what?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Look how fast their back 5 is compared to ours!
21. Trai Fuller 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Tesi Niu

1. Tyrell Sloan 5. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Max Feagai 19. Christian Tuipulotu

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Looks like Bird dropped off the extended.. so they have to be confident Suli is good.. I thought SFinau had been moved up but they said hes just injured.
I rated Finau but I guess it's now or never cause next year there are a few young guys coming after him. Rumble and Williams for example.

When Rumble puts 10kg or more of muscle on that frame.....

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I rated Finau but I guess it's now or never cause next year there are a few young guys coming after him. Rumble and Williams for example.

When Rumble puts 10kg or more of muscle on that frame.....
Based pn that, LPT is overrated but Rumble is underrated. I understand it's very early in their careers.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think SFinau is a capable 1st grade winger now.. he is not lightning.. but hes much faster than what we are used too.

I think a lot of work has to go into Rumble and Williams yet.. I thought Williams was ready to do, I think physically he is, but if he is still learning how to involve himself @ JF level.. there is still some learning to do, Finau just has a few years of nsw cup under his belt.

Everything is different with Ravalawa and soon to be Lomax gone..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Wish I could say I was confident but:

Dolphins by 12
First try = Euan Aitken (he's a pretty good backrower actually. Bad centre)
MoM = Katoa (Been gambled on a teenage halfback and it's paying off majorly for them)

Eric

Staff
Wish I could say I was confident but:

Dolphins by 12
First try = Euan Aitken (he's a pretty good backrower actually. Bad centre)
MoM = Katoa (Been gambled on a teenage halfback and it's paying off majorly for them)
Analysis = True:p

Dragons by 10
MoM = JDB
First try = Su'A

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Look how fast their back 5 is compared to ours!
21. Trai Fuller 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Tesi Niu

1. Tyrell Sloan 5. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Max Feagai 19. Christian Tuipulotu
Yes I tossed up on this game but plonked for the Dolphins primarily because of their speed in the backline. Let's be honest here speedwise, HF v MS, Herbie wins, JA v MF, Averillo, JI v CT, Jamayne wins that as well also in height. TN v MF, Tesi. Only hope if we keep it tight, complete our sets, use our big edge forwards in the red zone. Good luck the big red V