Round 2 vs Dolphins

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Team Tips:​

Shane Flanagan had his side firing in Round 1. Even without key prop Blake Lawrie the Dragons were on fire, and he’s set to return to the front row, pushing Francis Molo to the bench and Viliami Fifita or Ben Murdoch-Masila out of the team. Luciano Leilua is also set to return but following Raymond Faitala-Mariner’s performance on an edge, he could move into the middle rotation. However it looks likely the Cowboys recruit will play in the backrow, meaning Faitala-Mariner either shifts to lock or the bench depending on whether Tom Eisenhuth stays in the run on side.

Suddenly an embarrassment of riches in the forwards.

As for the backs, I have no bad words for Bird. I'm a fan. But as an interchange utility. So the team I'd like to see:
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. F. Molo
  11. RFM
  12. Luch
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Eisenhuth
  16. Fifita
  17. Muhleisen
I understand there won't be so many changes to a winning team.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Shane Flanagan had his side firing in Round 1. Even without key prop Blake Lawrie the Dragons were on fire, and he’s set to return to the front row, pushing Francis Molo to the bench and Viliami Fifita or Ben Murdoch-Masila out of the team. Luciano Leilua is also set to return but following Raymond Faitala-Mariner’s performance on an edge, he could move into the middle rotation. However it looks likely the Cowboys recruit will play in the backrow, meaning Faitala-Mariner either shifts to lock or the bench depending on whether Tom Eisenhuth stays in the run on side.

As for the backs, I have no bad words for Bird. I'm a fan. But as an interchange utility. So the team I'd like to see:
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. F. Molo
  11. RFM
  12. Luch
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Eisenhuth
  16. Fifita
  17. Muhleisen
RFM's game on Sat was very underrated. He was a menace for the Titans out there on the edge.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. F. Molo
  11. RFM
  12. Luch
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Eisenhuth
  16. Fifita
  17. Muhleisen
You clearly didn't watch the cup game Finau was average and CT would be in line before him.
Did I miss something is Su'A injured or have you dropped hm..
Having Bird on the bench there is no need for Connor
Tom played well at 13 but you basically have one front-rower for rotation.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You clearly didn't watch the cup game Finau was average and CT would be in line before him.
Didn't see the game. Basing it on what I saw of Finau last year.

Forgot about Su'a. Obviously he's one of the first picked. So..... I don't know. Eisenhuth was good. Leave Luch out of the 17?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It was good to see first hand a new team culture starting to appear on Saturday night. When our cpt dropped the ball from the kick off a number of players ran over to him raised their index fingers in the air indicating 1 set, supporting him . Then the other obvious change to me, the post try celebrations , celebrated by large numbers of players rushing in to congratulate not only the try scorer but also the player who threw the final pass. Those two things have been missing in the last 3 yrs. A new club and team culture is vitally important in moving forward and being a competitive and successful organisation.

Eric

Staff
RFM's game on Sat was very underrated. He was a menace for the Titans out there on the edge.
I was especially impressed by Sloans defence. He went looking for tackles when GC was attacking our line and made them. I haven't seen the stats but I can't remember him missing any tackles.

Eric

Staff
Who is CT?

Nevermind: Christian Tuipulotu

More like Rava or the Feagais isn't he? Good player but slow for a winger.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was especially impressed by Sloans defence. He went looking for tackles when GC was attacking our line and made them. I haven't seen the stats but I can't remember him missing any tackles.
Made 10 missed 1 saved 2 tries. The defensive coach should take a bow. Completely different player.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think it's Deano. Defensive coach.
No doubt what I witnessed on Saturday night he has been given extra tackling sessions. Although some tackles were not copybook on his own line he put his body in the way of the attacker. He did make a lovely legs tackle on their winger who was returning the ball and broken the line. What impressed me most was he was talking, communicating which is an essential element for a full back these days. Now let's see how consistent he can be. It's amazing what confidence can do to a player struggling in one facet of his game.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
No doubt what I witnessed on Saturday night he has been given extra tackling sessions. Although some tackles were not copybook on his own line he put his body in the way of the attacker. He did make a lovely legs tackle on their winger who was returning the ball and broken the line. What impressed me most was he was talking, communicating which is an essential element for a full back these days. Now let's see how consistent he can be. It's amazing what confidence can do to a player struggling in one facet of his game.
Deano is the type who would take slack efforts like last year personally.

Eric

Staff
Big few weeks coming up. He just might turn out to be the player we hoped he would become yet.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If my stat's are right the last time we won our 1st 2 games was 6 yrs ago. We actually won our first 6 games that year and actually played semi finals football.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If my stat's are right the last time we won our 1st 2 games was 6 yrs ago. We actually won our first 6 games that year and actually played semi finals football.
Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet. Before round 1 bookies would have had Dolphins favourites for this game.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Jack Bird
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie