Round 25: Dragons vs Cronulla Sharks - 25 August @ 4:05PM

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
And is the only fullback on the comp to regularly run less than 100m.
I just dont like that he isnt a threat to break a tackle, it shouldnt be possible for an agile back.. most clubs have 2-3 tackle breaking options for fullback.. if he was cutting teams apart.. I could handle a few tries being scored.

But we had lots of other issues today.. most of them though were just dropped balls early.. we needed to gas cronulla early and it didnt happen.. was it 3 drops when we had the guy in the sinbin.. anyway.. onwards.. parra is a huge game now.. far out.. need to win away..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I just dont like that he isnt a threat to break a tackle,
The intent is there but he lacks bulk, at least he is not being rag dolled like last year. He can split the line with his blinding acceleration alone as he showed for Hunts try. Only a great last ditch grass cutter stopped him scoring himself. Sloan continues to cop far too much flack on here even tho he has clearly improved in almost all assets. There are 16 other players taking the field.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
71 tackle breaks, 12 line breaks for the season, you were saying. Also 9 try assists. Get him in a play making role.
Is that Sloan? 9 try assists in how many games? Really poor for a fullback who doesn't run a lot of metres. You are too loyal to underperforming players. Sloan and Lawrie in particular.
Next week:
  • If Suli is back, that is one Feagai out of the way. I'd go Zac back to centre and Rava wing to get the other out as well. Feel bad for them. I hoped they had turned the corner but first grade centres can't not only miss those tackles but hardly even hang an arm out. Gotta go.
  • On that, since Origin Zac has gone off the boil. Predictable. He's a centre who has skill and power, not just a battering ram.
  • Why move Luciano to the bench? He's been the least of our problems. Start him again. If Flanno wants to give Couchmans more min, that's good but at the expense of Lawrie, Eisenhuth, Molo.
  • LKT and Bird need to swap. LKT starts, Bird on the bench.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I mentioned ages ago that our 2024 chances laid with Sloan and Hunt atleast being atleast a 6/10 each week.. there is noone else who can 'pop in' and fix those positions.. so their success = our success.. next year is a different conversation.

So I wouldn't be changing the spine at all, I think its the best we have currently.. Bird is doing his job in there also.. we might have Marshke back this week, but with all his injuries I just dont see us throwing him in as a starting 6.. I think the spine is what it is.

LKT however I mentioned this before his debut.. I thought he needed atleast another 12mths in NSW Cup before playing in 1sts.. he is still working out how to control nsw cup games, how to play with less time and space... hes not going to do that in 1st grade.. hes not that quick either so hes unlikely to break tackles himself like a young livewire might.. and hes not really connecting too well with his outside backs other than just a basic telegraphed pass (it was a bit like ward in nsw cup actually, has never played with them and it showed), it will get better over time.. but sudden death footy, i dont rly see what hes going to add to us, id take marshke as a 14 if we really needed one.. otherwise just play 4 forwards again.. its just that RFM is in poor form also.. and I cant see AlecT debuting or Fifita playing.. but its possible.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I mentioned ages ago that our 2024 chances laid with Sloan and Hunt atleast being atleast a 6/10 each week.. there is noone else who can 'pop in' and fix those positions.. so their success = our success.. next year is a different conversation.

So I wouldn't be changing the spine at all, I think its the best we have currently.. Bird is doing his job in there also.. we might have Marshke back this week, but with all his injuries I just dont see us throwing him in as a starting 6.. I think the spine is what it is.

LKT however I mentioned this before his debut.. I thought he needed atleast another 12mths in NSW Cup before playing in 1sts.. he is still working out how to control nsw cup games, how to play with less time and space... hes not going to do that in 1st grade.. hes not that quick either so hes unlikely to break tackles himself like a young livewire might.. and hes not really connecting too well with his outside backs other than just a basic telegraphed pass (it was a bit like ward in nsw cup actually, has never played with them and it showed), it will get better over time.. but sudden death footy, i dont rly see what hes going to add to us, id take marshke as a 14 if we really needed one.. otherwise just play 4 forwards again.. its just that RFM is in poor form also.. and I cant see AlecT debuting or Fifita playing.. but its possible.
Makes sense. Problem is what we have now isn't working.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Makes sense. Problem is what we have now isn't working.
I mean we're in 8th spot (10W/10L), we have an approach with this roster that can win footy games, its rly just can Flanno get us to focus (and not freak out) for this huge Eels game.. we have to cut out those errors.. we are beating ourselves.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just dont like that he isnt a threat to break a tackle, it shouldnt be possible for an agile back.. most clubs have 2-3 tackle breaking options for fullback.. if he was cutting teams apart.. I could handle a few tries being scored.

But we had lots of other issues today.. most of them though were just dropped balls early.. we needed to gas cronulla early and it didnt happen.. was it 3 drops when we had the guy in the sinbin.. anyway.. onwards.. parra is a huge game now.. far out.. need to win away..
Today was our gf on today's performance we won't be chalking up another win this season. The Eels have to much to play for and should beat us

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I mean we're in 8th spot (10W/10L), we have an approach with this roster that can win footy games, its rly just can Flanno get us to focus (and not freak out) for this huge Eels game.. we have to cut out those errors.. we are beating ourselves.
Mate my opinion with the squad he had available he has done well. We are not playing semi finals football again this season on today's effort