Round 25: Dragons vs Cronulla Sharks - 25 August @ 4:05PM

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Thought CT & JDB were one of our few decent players.
Agree, and I thought Frank fired up today also, I reckon Flanno gave him a rocket.

Couchies struggled, mostly Ryans errors and penalties, though some of them seemed very harsh also...

Desperately need 1-2 more like JDB.. real 1st grade props.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree, and I thought Frank fired up today also, I reckon Flanno gave him a rocket.

Couchies struggled, mostly Ryans errors and penalties, though some of them seemed very harsh also...

Desperately need 1-2 more like JDB.. real 1st grade props.

Frank I thought had a poor game, stats wise he was okay. Issue with Frank he goes for a shot 1 out & either misses completely or hits the player but doesn't complete the tackle. His runs aren't impactful through the middle. His effort was better but each game I see him play, it's the same issues & I lose confidence that he can be a 1st grade player. I don't know if it's lack of footy iq (where to run, how to tackle effectively), fitness, injury or just not good enough.

100% agree we need more JDB types in the team. Couchies look likely but agree they were poor today.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
We had everything to play for, the advantage of a sold out home ground, Sharks minus 3 of their strike player's, Hynes, Talakai, Moutilino and we got flogged. Never ever did we look like we were actually in the contest.

Yep, sharks were on another level from the start. Brailey gave a dummy half masterclass & their fwds bullied us.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The stats tell the tale. Our completion rates improved in the 2nd half to 71% as did the possession even up slightly 44- 56%. They ran for 550m more, 6 of their forwards ran for 100m +, JDB the only one for us. Avg set 50m - 36m for us. Missed tackles 46 - 26 in our favour. 13 - 8 error count in our favour. We were bloody awful but this season although better technically than the last few we lacked consistency. We are not going to beat the Eels next week mark my words. That effort was embarrassing in front of a sold out home crowd

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep, sharks were on another level from the start. Brailey gave a dummy half masterclass & their fwds bullied us.
Agree as did their engine room. Our defensive line speed was nowhere to be seen in the first half. You simply cannot allow players in possession of the leather to reach top speed on a consistent basis. We paid a heavy price and we looked overrawed today especially are younger players the Couchman's. Promising yes definitely, ready for the rigours of high pressure 1st grade, not in my opinion.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree as did their engine room. Our defensive line speed was nowhere to be seen in the first half. You simply cannot allow players in possession of the leather to reach top speed on a consistent basis. We paid a heavy price and we looked overrawed today especially are younger players the Couchman's. Promising yes definitely, ready for the rigours of high pressure 1st grade, not in my opinion.

Our defensive line speed has been poor all season, that's why good attacking sides put big scores on us. Some of it is coaching, to limit line breaks from staggered lines & others is cattle. Apart from JDB who is actually quick enough to have a quick line speed?

Our middles are Molo/Lawrie/Eisenhuth/Liddle/BMM/RFM/Sele etc. We're a slow slow team.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Our defensive line speed has been poor all season, that's why good attacking sides put big scores on us. Some of it is coaching, to limit line breaks from staggered lines & others is cattle. Apart from JDB who is actually quick enough to have a quick line speed?

Our middles are Molo/Lawrie/Eisenhuth/Liddle/BMM/RFM/Sele etc. We're a slow slow team.
Liddle goes ok. Sele also has pretty good leg speed. The rest are slow and very rarely or never threaten the other sides defence.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Promising yes definitely, ready for the rigours of high pressure 1st grade, not in my opinion.
They were last week. Among our best forwards and everyone praised them.
The whole pack lacked the go forward of the previous week. We need big unit bookends that tear up the line and can play good mins while our outside backs are slow in pace and reflex. Theirs made us look like cart horses.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
An outside the box call, CT to prop if we fail to get RCG or any other big import. His actually carries and runs like a forward, strong with good post contact.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
An outside the box call, CT to prop if we fail to get RCG or any other big import. His actually carries and runs like a forward, strong with good post contact.
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Kennedy steals the ball virtually from Sloans grasp like a thief in the nite. That was a major body blow. But had we saved that try earlier when, Eisenhuth, Su'A and Max F failed to bundle the winger into touch, have not be the case.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jack off last 20 when they steam rolled us. No wonder. An injury as LKT the reserve came on.

Five mins to go and we finally spread the ball to create an overlap..

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The players that have been in this team for the last 5 years are all mentally scared and need to be released ........