Round 4 vs Manly Sea Eagles

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax is week in week out our best back, his work rate is phenomenal. Yet Flanagan seems to not respect him. This pair have had a falling out and it is hurting our club but is not having any affect on Zacs form. It may tho come back on Flanagan if he forces him to another club..

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Eagles were the better team in the first 15, their defense was brutal, but we weathered the storm and showed character. Despite us making them play like amateurs we still had less possession but did more with the ball. Our line defense was a brick wall in the late stages when they tried a comeback. Deano will be pleased.
Just on Sloan slowly getting better and more aggressive with what he does ....... Well done . .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wins in all 3 grades yesterday. When was the last time that happened?
Yet to watch the Ressie replay but going on the report the much maligned halves pairing of Ralph and Glover are beginning to gel. Big Tui carved em up with a brace of four pointers. Give Rava a spell in Ressies and promote this big dude as he knows how to find the white wash.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yet to watch the Ressie replay but going on the report the much maligned halves pairing of Ralph and Glover are beginning to gel. Big Tui carved em up with a brace of four pointers. Give Rava a spell in Ressies and promote this big dude as he knows how to find the white wash.
Best backs so far this season:
  1. Lomax
  2. Sloan
  3. Rava
I'd be dropping Bird or Suli long before Rava.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
dropping Bird or Suli long before Rava
Bird yes, thats a given. But the season stats of the other two are almost identical, difference being Rava is a crap defender. Misses far too many tackles, whereas Suli has a 91% affective rate. Dont mind betting that applies to their career stats too. Also can Rava step the way Moses did for his disallowed try.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bird yes, thats a given. But the season stats of the other two are almost identical, difference being Rava is a crap defender. Misses far too many tackles, whereas Suli has a 91% affective rate. Dont mind betting that applies to their career stats too. Also can Rava step the way Moses did for his disallowed try.
They run around Rava. If Suli was faster on the inside it would help Rava being able to stay out.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The stats are in and no surprises here 4 forwards ran for the required 100m to make us competitive. The best being JDB with 156m surpringly to me Eisenhuth 2nd best with 132m. That was my measuring stat as a coach, that was a goal that was set at the beginning of each season. 3 forwards running 100 yds was vital to be competitive , you rarely lost a game if 4 or more were able to do that in company with your completion rate and missed tackles count. Missed tackles 27 compared to 37, that area has been a vast improvement from the previous 2 seasons. Our defence on our line and in our red zone especially early in the 2nd half set up that win. Again Hunt was targeted missing his avg 5 tackles a game. Manly were extremely poor yesterday with a 69% completion rate. Even though they still made more metres. Next week we travel to Newcastle with renewed confidence.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The stats are in and no surprises here 4 forwards ran for the required 100m to make us competitive. The best being JDB with 156m surpringly to me Eisenhuth 2nd best with 132m. That was my measuring stat as a coach, that was a goal that was set at the beginning of each season. 3 forwards running 100 yds was vital to be competitive , you rarely lost a game if 4 or more were able to do that in company with your completion rate and missed tackles count. Missed tackles 27 compared to 37, that area has been a vast improvement from the previous 2 seasons. Our defence on our line and in our red zone especially early in the 2nd half set up that win. Again Hunt was targeted missing his avg 5 tackles a game. Manly were extremely poor yesterday with a 69% completion rate. Even though they still made more metres. Next week we travel to Newcastle with renewed confidence.
jodragon40 jodragon40 rulz:).

I mean, where else can we get this analysis?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Eisenhuth ran for about 30min one time as a result of an outstanding JDB offload.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Eisenhuth ran for about 30min one time as a result of an outstanding JDB offload.
Considering I actually highlighted him.pre game avg run 5m per run per game. Then he pulls a dragon out of his hat yesterday 13 runs for 132m avg 10m he doubled his previous avg. Kudos to him, obviously read my comments on Friday and paid attention.

Eric

Staff
A good whack of those were when Jack put him into space. Great offload after a tearing run, pity the receiver was not Sloan as hed have raced away and prWhat a match the heart of our club had. Great game by Jack, off the bench this time, played 60 mins as he was too good to take off.
That's why I keep banging on about Lawrie starting on the bench. Far from a demotion, I want him on the field for longer so I think leaving him off for the opening exchanges would be good for him and the team.

Eric

Staff
I thought Hunt should've made a better effort stopping Tom Trbojevic for Manly's first try.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I do too. He has this year but next year with a good middle forward recruited and a couple more coming though like Fifita, he might find it difficult to remain in first grade.
I thought Tuitavake played well in KOE yesterday even scored a meat pie. So 2025 may see us with 2 new and young starting bookends