Round 6 Dragons vs Wests Tigers

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You know what? I'm kind of happy for the Tigers with the drastic improvement so far this year. They promoted a lot of young players. Maybe a few before they were ready but now they are benefiting from it. While our coach is running around recruiting Tom Eisenhuth, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Hama Sele, Luciano Leilua, Kyle Flanagan, Jesse Marschke, extending Frank Molo and promoting Ben Murdoch-Masila when enough of the other journeymen aren't available.

Nothing against those blokes. I rate a few of them but what is the average age of them? If they are good now, how long will they be good for and is it possible they'll get better? I don't think so.

We are going nowhere in a hurry!

If the young players on the books now aren't and never will be up to it, go out and recruit young players who will rather than run around picking up every journeyman who becomes available!

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
How about this Flanno, you dumb fuk?
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Suli (but he's on notice)
  4. Tamale (throw him in the deep end and see what happens. What is there to lose? Is Bird in the centres going to lead us to premiership glory?)
  5. Rava
  6. Lomax (Might be our best fullback, winger and centre. Why not 5/8? He still hasn't signed elsewhere. Might still be convinced to stay.)
  7. Hunt
  8. Frank Molo
  9. Liddle
  10. Alec Tuitavake
  11. Sua (overrated. Also on notice.)
  12. Luch
  13. JDB

14. Bird (he's better be able to fill in for Liddle for 15min or he's in the NSW Cup.)
  15. Toby Couchman
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Sele or RFM
Forgot about Lawrie but seriously....... I just don't know. Dane Gagai one on one, hammered him. And this kind of thing with Lawrie isn't rare. I know he's every second persons favourite player. Unbelievably gutsy but that can only take anyone so far.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
You know what? I'm kind of happy for the Tigers with the drastic improvement so far this year. They promoted a lot of young players. Maybe a few before they were ready but now they are benefiting from it. While our coach is running around recruiting Tom Eisenhuth, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Hama Sele, Luciano Leilua, Kyle Flanagan, Jesse Marschke, extending Frank Molo and promoting Ben Murdoch-Masila when enough of the other journeymen aren't available.

Nothing against those blokes. I rate a few of them but what is the average age of them? If they are good now, how long will they be good for and is it possible they'll get better? I don't think so.

We are going nowhere in a hurry!

If the young players on the books now aren't and never will be up to it, go out and recruit young players who will rather than run around picking up every journeyman who becomes available!
Not a bad idea. If that 18 year-old 5/8 for the Tigers was with the Dragons, he wouldn't even be in the Jersey Flegg team. I mean he'd be in the SG Ball team.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  4. Tamale (throw him in the deep end and see what happens. What is there to lose? Is Bird in the centres going to lead us to premiership glory?)
  5. Rava
  6. Lomax (Might be our best fullback, winger and centre. Why not 5/8? He still hasn't signed elsewhere. Might still be convinced to stay.)
  7. Hunt
  8. Frank Molo
  9. Liddle
  10. Alec Tuitavake
  12. Luch
  13. JDB

14. Bird (he's better be able to fill in for Liddle for 15min or he's in the NSW Cup.)
  15. Toby Couchman
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Sele or RFM
Forgot about Lawrie but seriously....... I just don't know. Dane Gagai one on one, hammered him. And this kind of thing with Lawrie isn't rare. I know he's every second persons favourite player. Unbelievably gutsy but that can only take anyone so far.
Not a bad idea but shouldn't debut Finau, Tamale and Tuitavake together. I know Finau played 20min last season so technically speaking it isn't a debut. It would have to be Finau or Tamale, not both. Feagai's are still in reserve grade. If they have learned to tackle, might be ok in the centres. Too slow for the wing.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
SMH:
NRL Early Mail round 6: Dragons coach Shane Flanagan considering swinging axe on veterans Blake Lawrie and Mikaele Ravalawa
Shane Flanagan is losing patience with his underperforming players and is considering swinging the axe on a veteran Dragons duo. Check out the round six early mail.

Not sure why he'd pick on these two. Plenty of others 'underperforming' that he could point to.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
SMH:
NRL Early Mail round 6: Dragons coach Shane Flanagan considering swinging axe on veterans Blake Lawrie and Mikaele Ravalawa
Shane Flanagan is losing patience with his underperforming players and is considering swinging the axe on a veteran Dragons duo. Check out the round six early mail.

Not sure why he'd pick on these two. Plenty of others 'underperforming' that he could point to.
Not sure what Rava has done to deserve that. One he might want to look at dropping is the No.6.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
SMH:

Rav stat's against the Knights were 18 runs for 213m , 2nd only to Lomax who came into the middle of the park for most of his hit ups 27 runs 216m . Lomax did a lot more of the heavy hitups in the middle of the park than Rav did.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not a bad idea but shouldn't debut Finau, Tamale and Tuitavake together. I know Finau played 20min last season so technically speaking it isn't a debut. It would have to be Finau or Tamale, not both. Feagai's are still in reserve grade. If they have learned to tackle, might be ok in the centres. Too slow for the wing.
My mate tells me the problem with young Tamale is that he is lazy in defence and is at risk of being let go. The two ex Manly players Fifita and Tuitavake are coming along nicely and perhaps should be given a run off the bench and allow Lawrie to actually recover if he is carrying that rib cartridge injury.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  5. Rava
  7. Hunt
  8. Frank Molo
  9. Liddle
  10. Alec Tuitavake
  12. Luch
  13. JDB

15. Toby Couchman
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Sele or RFM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lomax wearing the no.1 this week. I'd say Sele will come back into the 17 they are managing his injury at the moment. Fifita should be off the bench as well. If that's the case my predicted coaches 1- 13 would be:
1. Lomax
2. Sloan
3. Suli
4. Bird ( Coaches fav not in my run on)
5. Rav
6. Flanagan
7. Hunt
8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. JDB ( Not a prop but coaches pick)
11. Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth

So no big wielding axe yet unfortunately

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lomax wearing the no.1 this week. I'd say Sele will come back into the 17 they are managing his injury at the moment. Fifita should be off the bench as well. If that's the case my predicted coaches 1- 13 would be:
1. Lomax
2. Sloan
3. Suli
4. Bird ( Coaches fav not in my run on)
5. Rav
6. Flanagan
7. Hunt
8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. JDB ( Not a prop but coaches pick)
11. Leilua
12. Su'a