Round 6 Dragons vs Wests Tigers

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is the guy we must nab for Zac. Plays centre, wing, fullback. Arent yawnion players salary cap exempt?

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Is Kyle Flanno soft in the head or it is his old man.The blue print for this guy should be the Tigers trial game.The way he set that left edge on a rampage had me thinking we have a competent game manager here so why all the previous sackings. I think he has shown us why in four of the next five games. Flanagan needs to tell the sook that his boy is to be first receiver for two of every four sets. Also for him to feed the edgies and the outside backs more. There are points a plenty if he does.
Analysis = true

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team list today is going to be interesting. I predict more tinkering around the edges. Something like Sele in for Mike Molo and CT in for Rava and that will be it.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
TBH, I wasn't that impressed with that highlights reel. Looks like another big but not very quick outside back. Don't we have enough of those?
Then you are a hard task master. That footage showed me that Petaia is big, fast, elusive and skillful. Plus he brings international experience to our club. And as yawnion guys are salary cap exempt (stand corrected) we are getting him cheaply.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Then you are a hard task master. That footage showed me that Petaia is big, fast, elusive and skillful. Plus he brings international experience to our club. And as yawnion guys are salary cap exempt (stand corrected) we are getting him cheaply.
I will start getting excited when we sign at least 1 big bodied prop until then we will struggle to make the 8

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I will start getting excited when we sign at least 1 big bodied prop until then we will struggle to make the 8
One good, big bodied prop. We have several of big bodied props already. All of them except Lawrie. I guess Sele is also on the small side for a prop. Will have to come from within or a young player yet to debut from another club because who is there to sign?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
One good, big bodied prop. We have several of big bodied props already. All of them except Lawrie. I guess Sele is also on the small side for a prop. Will have to come from within or a young player yet to debut from another club because who is there to sign?
We have several small props hopefully we will give a start to both Fifita and Tuitavake off the bench sooner rather than later

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A coupe of tries show his pace over both short and longer distances. I like the way he can sniff out a gap and go thru quickly. Has neat footwork too, love his in and away to score for the Reds. He can cover three positions, has an offload at pace and is a team player, not a show pony. All terrific attributes.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We have several small props hopefully we will give a start to both Fifita and Tuitavake off the bench sooner rather than later
Lawrie, Sele and ............ I guess even that is too many small props. Is there a place for them in the modern game at all? Due to the way the best props are all big even for props and play a lot of minutes.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Before we go all ga ga over yet an other quality Dragons prospect, we have to accept that bringing Shane Flanagan to our club has not improved our pulling power to lure marquee players.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
According to NCs Mike Carayannis Flanagan has met with Petaia but has as yet not made him a formal offer. Instead we are expected to offer Panthers outside back Sunia Turuva a deal. This bloke is slower and less skillful than Petaia imho and not in the same class as Zac Lomax..

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I just don't know about Fifita. Looks like an imported version of Jackson Shereb. Prototype build for a good prop (as opposed to backrower for Shereb) but needs a trainer behind him with a cattle prod telling him to get involved.
I watched him in one full game and he did get involved without the need of a cattle prod. Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins in his only top game. He made four powerful carries and 6 crunching tackles in that short time. The next match he was back in Ressies. jodragon, like me, rates him.