Round 6 Dragons vs Wests Tigers

Eric

Staff
I watched him in one full game and he did get involved without the need of a cattle prod. Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins in his only top game. He made four powerful carries and 6 crunching tackles in that short time. The next match he was back in Ressies. jodragon, like me, rates him.
Hope you are right, I'm wrong. Flanno is following in the footsteps of Griffin. Doing some bizarre things. Remember last year, Liddle was playing quite well, everyone agreed, he had one relatively bad game when the forwards just couldn't get any forward momentum at all and Griffin dropped him! While Bird was stinking it up, missing a dozen tackles every game but was safe.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
If some of our forwards are seen as lacking fitness to play big mins, then there is no excuse as do we not have one of the most respected people in the fitness business, in Dan Lawson as our new High Performance Manager and his offsider Andrew Gray as H P consultant.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If some of our forwards are seen as lacking fitness to play big mins, then there is no excuse as do we not have one of the most respected people in the fitness business, in Dan Lawson as our new High Performance Manager and his offsider Andrew Gray as H P consultant.
They seem to me pretty fit. Suli and Bird for example have lost several kgs. Lawrie and both Molo's look strong. Like they've spent a lot of time in the gym and eating healthier food.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Then you are a hard task master. That footage showed me that Petaia is big, fast, elusive and skillful. Plus he brings international experience to our club. And as yawnion guys are salary cap exempt (stand corrected) we are getting him cheaply.
Remember this is a highlights reel. If I went to the trouble, could put Jack Birds best moments together in a 5min vid to make him look better than Reg Gasnier.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I just don't know about Fifita. Looks like an imported version of Jackson Shereb. Prototype build for a good prop (as opposed to backrower for Shereb) but needs a trainer behind him with a cattle prod telling him to get involved.
After last weekends game he's lucky not to be dropped from reserve grade.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I hope it was just a bad day but... seems he has a few of those days where he doesn't lack in what he does, just does it far, far too rarely.
What the debate about? Promote both Couchmans to join the middle rotation with Blocka or Sele, Frank Molo, RFM, JDB and see how they go. No more of Flanno's not ready yet BS until they get a chance. And FFS, they looked pretty ready last year when they were far from the worst of a pack getting beaten up most weeks.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Jack Bird
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Hame Sele
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Jesse Marschke
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack de Belin
  17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Sele in for RFM

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Jack Bird
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Hame Sele
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Jesse Marschke
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack de Belin
  17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Sele in for RFM
Surprisingly Bird is in the team surely he was injured in that tackle. So in reality 1 change and the same backline. The only saving grace is that the Tigers have quite a few out. We should sneak home in a tight one.

Eric

Staff
So much for 'swinging the axe'? Same sh1t, different round..don't know what it takes to get dropped from FG in this club? Feels like mediocrity is accepted and no one is game to take a stand.
This is almost like a black comedy. No accountability for poor performances for certain players at all. Others can't slip in the rain without getting a baking.