Round 6 Dragons vs Wests Tigers

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tigers this week, the ones we thrashed in the trial game. The coach should insist we watch a replay of that game this week. Our confidence, intent, attack and defense structure were all spot on that day. Flanagan and our edgies had blinders. It gave us hope for finally a decent season. What has happened as we have yet to repeat that.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Team tips:

It’s a huge call, but Shane Flanagan could be set to switch Tyrell Sloan and Zac Lomax full time. He swapped the pair at halftime against the Knights and it’s shaping up that Lomax will wear the No.1 in Round 6. Reports both Blake Lawrie and Mikaele Ravalawa are set to be axed, with the pair reportedly facing an “uphill battle” to remain in the side. Christian Tuipulotu is the man who will replace Ravalawa on the wing, while Hame Sele could join the front row rotation after battling a calf injury. Meanwhile, Toby Couchman and Viliame Fifita are also options in the middle of the park. Jack Bird also battled what initially looked to be an ugly knee injury, with scans set to determine how long he spends on the sidelines and if he misses any weeks of play.

Harsh for Rava. How does Suli never come under any pressure? Does the same thing as Rava just not as much or effectively.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Blake Lawrie
That is a harsh call Flanagan. He has gotten rid of Lomax now he wants to do same with his good mate Blocka. In one of those games when we surrendered 50 effing points, Lawie stood out as our most affective man in the engine room.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
switch Tyrell Sloan and Zac Lomax full time.
I think Zac is made to play at the back, so why didnt Flanagan make this call at season start. Tyrell can handle the flank now he has added some kilos and much needed intent. From here on he only has to concentrate on pouching long kicks, marking and hitting his man and having the pill in his hands to continue using his elusive pace, silky footwork and ball skills..

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If ben hunt & the coaches could stop having him control 99% of the attack, it would be a good start to seeing a bit more improvement from the team.
He wasn't at his best against Newcastle thats for sure but many of our last plays were on ourside of halfway. The other alleged play maker was ordinary as well.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I say about time as Rava has led a charmed life. Ironically he has probably just played his best game of the season too, but his other four were mediocre.
His defence was stupidly bad. Not one on one tackles but staying out when he should come in or usually coming in a taking only fresh air again and again. But so far this year., I think he's been better.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Coach accused Sloan of not showing intend fielding those grubbers. Jesus wept the conditions were atrocious for picking up the loose ball. I saw Sloan sliding all over the deck in an effort to nab the wet pill. To me that showed intent.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Coach accused Sloan of not showing intend with those grubbers. Jesus wept the conditions were atrocious for picking up the loose ball. I saw Sloan sliding all over the deck in an effort to nab the wet pill. To me that showed intent.
True but there were a couple of instances where he should have done better.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Alleged play maker is right.
Is Kyle Flanno soft in the head or it is his old man.The blue print for this guy should be the Tigers trial game.The way he set that left edge on a rampage had me thinking we have a competent game manager here so why all the previous sackings. I think he has shown us why in four of the next five games. Flanagan needs to tell the sook that his boy is to be first receiver for two of every four sets. Also for him to feed the edgies and the outside backs more. There are points a plenty if he does.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Rav stat's against the Knights were 18 runs for 213m , 2nd only to Lomax who came into the middle of the park for most of his hit ups 27 runs 216m . Lomax did a lot more of the heavy hitups in the middle of the park than Rav did.
Rav getting scapegoated so no talks about Kyle?