Round 6 Dragons vs Wests Tigers

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So much for 'swinging the axe'? Same sh1t, different round..don't know what it takes to get dropped from FG in this club? Feels like mediocrity is accepted and no one is game to take a stand.
This is almost like a black comedy. No accountability for poor performances for certain players at all. Others can't slip in the rain without getting a baking.
It's not the worst. That will be if they lose again and he still doesn't swing the axe. Kyle Flanagan has played 2 "ok" games. Was never going to be MoM in either of them. I just don't see any improvement in him. But it seems Sullivan wasn't the answer either. Wests 18 year-old and Canberra 19 year-old 5/8s have been good. I wouldn't go so far as to say carving up but certainly not struggling. That's what the Dragons need.

And the same goes for Tom Eisenhuth. What we've seen so far is as good as he's going to get. I don't think it's good enough.

M. Molo doesn't offer much.

Not surprising to see RFM dropped.

Then we come to the backline. Bird is the obvious standout in the wrong way. Suli hasn't been good either.

Last edited:

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
The issue isn't with the lack of changes, the issue is flanno stating we'll see changes but it not occurring. Well not with team selection at the moment, maybe there's been changes with training?

Imo Flanno has said a few things then contradicted himself & gone backwards/forwards which is concerning.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The issue isn't with the lack of changes, the issue is flanno stating we'll see changes but it not occurring. Well not with team selection at the moment, maybe there's been changes with training?

Imo Flanno has said a few things then contradicted himself & gone backwards/forwards which is concerning.
He spent a large part of the off season talking about getting Lomax closer to the ball only to move him to the wing. Explain that to me.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What has to happen before Flanagan has to act. A 60 point loss? Bennett did not pussy foot around when his Dolphins played a shocker, he acted immediately and look at the result, they thrashed us and wrecked our good start to the season.
People aren't talking about this enough.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
M. Molo doesn't offer much.
He does. Evidently he has the most RM for carries of our pack. Problem is Flanagan gives him crap mins. He has also destroyed the confidence of Vili Fifita. There was a little celebration by his family when he was named in the top grade. He is a quiet, unassuming guy but wore a beaming smile during the proceedings. His excitement was short lived when Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins debut at the end, then dumped him back to Ressies next game. I'd have understood if he had blown his debut, but he did not.
This is almost like a black comedy. No accountability for poor performances for certain players at all. Others can't slip in the rain without getting a baking.

Clear double standards at play here. Flanagan is cutting his own throat if he continues with this caper over the season.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Eisenhuth should have followed him.. and Bird.
Eisenhuth is obviously in for his defence but I don't understand why Flanno can't demand the rest of the pack to their job and have players who can make metres running the ball and tackle. Like other teams. Like the Couchman's can do.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He needs to be making at least 90m every game to keep his spot. His defense isnt all that special as he is second even third into many tackles. How he is seen as a superior lock to JDB astounds me.
It looks to me like Flanno is doing virtual backflips in the selection office to fit all his favourties into the 17. Flanno trying to find spots for Kyle, Eisenhuth and Bird ⬇️
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Though as for Kyle, most of the heavy lifting was done in the pre-season recruitment office. Such a sorry state of affairs, there is no one to take his place.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Though as for Kyle, most of the heavy lifting was done in the pre-season recruitment office. Such a sorry state of affairs, there is no one to take his place.
Give Marschke a chance and move Bird to the bench to cover for injury, give Liddle a rest or replace Marschke if he's really bad.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Give Marschke a chance and move Bird to the bench to cover for injury, give Liddle a rest or replace Marschke if he's really bad.
First thing he can do is pick the best players in their best positions. So JDB lock, Lomax centre.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Bird trained yesterday without any knee support or strapping.
It's good he avoided serious injury and honestly, has Suli been much better?
First thing he can do is pick the best players in their best positions. So JDB lock, Lomax centre.
💯 Sloan fullback, Rava wing, Lomax centre, Hunt halfback, JFB lock, Suli & Luch second row, Liddle hooker, Frank Molo prop. Fill in the rest around those positions.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
He spent a large part of the off season talking about getting Lomax closer to the ball only to move him to the wing. Explain that to me.

Wingers get more ball than any other position apart from half/hooker.

I don't love that he's moved to the wing but he's been our best player this season. Imo his ceiling is limited on the wing & centre compared to fullback.