Round 6 v Newcastle Knights

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He's done it again. Everyone will be saying until kick off, "he'll change the team before kick off" but he didn't last week.

St George Illawarra Dragons

1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jack Bird
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh Kerr
  11. Tariq Sims
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Talatau Amone
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Josh Mcguire
  17. George Burgess
  18. Tautau Moga
  19. Jackson Ford
  20. Aaron Woods
  21. Tyrell Sloan
  22. Jack Gosiewski
  23. Tyrell Fuimaono
  24. Jayden Sullivan
And looking at the Newcastle side, it looks full strength apart from Braily who is out most of the season.
As I confidently predicted Mcguire and Burgess finally in the team. Woods must still be feeling the hamstring last week he was ok 7 hit ups only but still made 70m which is what you want, without knowing that may be the reason. Good to see Sullivan's name in there Ford and my man Gosiewski unlucky not to be in the named 17. Stuck with Mbye and Bird surprisingly

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Josh Kerr promoted. Does he have some compromising material on the coach? Was Aaron Woods so bad last week?
Surely this won't be the team. Surely it'll change quite a lot.
If this is the team he goes with and as expected, they lose, calls for the coaches head, deserved or not, are going to get very loud.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
As I confidently predicted Mcguire and Burgess finally in the team. Woods must still be feeling the hamstring last week he was ok 7 hit ups only but still made 70m which is what you want, without knowing that may be the reason. Good to see Sullivan's name in there Ford and man are unlucky not to be in the named 17. Stuck with Mbye and Bird surprisingly
Very surprising re Bird and Mbye. I call it outright weird. Even stranger when considering the fact Sullivan is back.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Very surprising re Bird and Mbye. I call it outright weird. Even stranger when considering the fact Sullivan is back.
Kerr well that one is out of left field I'd suggest size not ability was considered here to match the size of Klemmer and Saifiti early on. I can't see him lasting more than 20 min. Wish him well.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sullivan wouldn't be match fit yet. I believe that we are looking around SOO time for the inclusion of Amone, Sloan and Sullivan in the starting 17 together

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sullivan wouldn't be match fit yet. I believe that we are looking around SOO time for the inclusion of Amone, Sloan and Sullivan in the starting 17 together
I wish him well as well. I wish the whole team well. I'm just not confident he's going to do well.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
His stats in the NSW Cup were pretty good last week. A few line break and try assists, 17 tackles for only one missed.

Eric

Staff
Kerr well that one is out of left field I'd suggest size not ability was considered here to match the size of Klemmer and Saifiti early on. I can't see him lasting more than 20 min. Wish him well.
If he wanted a big body in to match it with Klemmer and Saifiti early on, why wouldn't he have gone with Burgess if he was set on demoting Woods? I don't mind him demoting Woods if he was unhappy with his performance last week but was Kerr's any better?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If he wanted a big body in to match it with Klemmer and Saifiti early on, why wouldn't he have gone with Burgess if he was set on demoting Woods? I don't mind him demoting Woods if he was unhappy with his performance last week but was Kerr's any better?
Match fitness is my guess. The early forward exchanges would have him tanked by the 10 min mark in my opinion. I'd say Woods is feeling his hamstring injury still. But we are getting close to my best 17

Eric

Staff
Match fitness is my guess. The early forward exchanges would have him tanked by the 10 min mark in my opinion. I'd say Woods is feeling his hamstring injury still. But we are getting close to my best 17
I see. Well, I guess that would make sense. It definitely does for Burgess but not so sure about Woods hamstring but can't see any other logical reason he'd be dropped for Kerr.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry to say it but if he goes with Bird 5/8 and Mbye fullback again, I'm officially jumping on the 'hook Hook' bandwagon.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You are always so optimistic. I think it's probably the result of good ol fashioned poor judgement.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You are always so optimistic. I think it's probably the result of good ol fashioned poor judgement.
Worked in my job for me before retirement and worked for me in the sporting arena, positivity, it's a wonderful thing especially if it is tempered at the right times.Never be too scared to admit mistakes, say sorry and say thank you, all costs you not 1 red cent

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Worked in my job for me before retirement and worked for me in the sporting arena, positivity, it's a wonderful thing especially if it is tempered at the right times.Never be too scared to admit mistakes, say sorry and say thank you, all costs you not 1 red cent
That's good but until now, being optimistic in Kerr, Bird, Lawrie, Mbye hasn't worked out well for coach Griffin. At least not in the positions he's been using them.

Mbye is a utility or there to give McCullough a rest if there aren't any injuries. That is his only value to this team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That's good but until now, being optimistic in Kerr, Bird, Lawrie, Mbye hasn't worked out well for coach Griffin. At least not in the positions he's been using them.

Mbye is a utility or there to give McCullough a rest if there aren't any injuries. That is his only value to this team.
Look I agree Bird off the bench Mbye off the bench as well would serve us well but Birds a favourite so can't see it happening. McCullough still carrying an injury in my view. I said at start of season 4 prop rotation was needed until we achieve that we will struggle.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Look I agree Bird off the bench Mbye off the bench as well would serve us well but Birds a favourite so can't see it happening. McCullough still carrying an injury in my view. I said at start of season 4 prop rotation was needed until we achieve that we will struggle.
I don't think Bird is a coach favourite. McCullough and McGuire definitely are. Seems Josh Kerr as well. As far as I know, Bird has been told to fly away next season. Last Friday was the deadline to re-sign.

As far as I can see, Bird starting off the bench is a no-brainer. Not sure I'd have Mbye in the 17.