Round 6 vs Gold Coast

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
That comment was meant to be sarcastic.
More than an element of truth too. FO gave Griffin one year too many, Mary too. Price about two too many.

First thing that pissed me off big time was no RedV, that insipid striped shirt instead.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My stats have only Molo running more than 100m, if so then that is a big come up by him. Masila (60) and Kerr (58) are a waste of space. How is Musgrove going in Ressies. I want both he and Mike Molo returned asap.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I noticed their two tries before the killer blow were from cutting back inside to catch our sliding defense on the wrong foot, something our defense coach needs to look at and eradicate.

Nice play by Bird to send Hunt across for what shudda been the sealer.

Smart thinking by the Titans with that short kickoff play, sure had our blokes unawares and then we gave them that second set to see them plow downfield thru a tired defense to sink us almost on the hooter. Poor reads by Hunt and Feagai, Bird also I think. Did not quite catch his number.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Toby Couchman keeps impressing. Developing a clever offload when he is not making vital post contact metres. Doing his fair share of defense too. Still say he'd be even more impressive if he was moved to our edge to remove Masila from his snooze time and get him in the middle to actually do some bloody work. How we gave this log two years is beyond me.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He should be told to sit down and watch the GC fullback. The guy had at least 3 times the number of runs as Sloan. And probably weighs less!
Yes and Campbell made most off the back of a superior Titans go forward. Sloan did same against Dolphins with our superior go forward. He and our other spines need, what jodragon keeps banging on about, our forwards to dominate to bring out their best. Sloan certainly is better than what he showed yesterday. I saw him in Ressies pull off an almost identical play to Campbell, split the line then kicked for his supports when cornered.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
MOM. For sheer class I will go Lomax. Take his catch and flick pass in the one motion (robbed) then his leap to pluck Hunt's bomb out of the sky and dive over. He ran 130m, 50 post contact, his usual accurate goal kicking and made 12 tackles. I keep saying Lomax is like a caged tiger, bored and starved, but when let loose we see the real him.

In my view we should vote for two MOMs.. one forward one back. My forward vote goes to Toby Couchman.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
MOM. For sheer class I will go Lomax. Take his catch and flick pass in the one motion (robbed) then his leap to pluck Hunt's bomb out of the sky and dive over. He ran 130mm, usual accurate goal kicking and made 12 tackles. I keep saying Lomax is like a caged tiger, bored and starved, but when let loose we see the real him.

In my view we should vote for two MOMs.. one forward one back. My forward vote goes to Toby Couchman.
I agree with the above.

Eric

Staff
More than an element of truth too. FO gave Griffin one year too many, Mary too. Price about two too many.

First thing that pissed me off big time was no RedV, that insipid striped shirt instead.
Unfortunately they have to have an away jersey. Not allowed to wear the Red V every week.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately they have to have an away jersey
I know mate, so wear the other more stylish shirt. How about they make our away shirt the mirror image of our home one, that is, red replacing white. I can live with a white v and it will be recognizing Illawarra's part in the JV while satisfying we Dragons diehards too.

Eric

Staff
MOM. For sheer class I will go Lomax. Take his catch and flick pass in the one motion (robbed) then his leap to pluck Hunt's bomb out of the sky and dive over. He ran 130m, 50 post contact, his usual accurate goal kicking and made 12 tackles. I keep saying Lomax is like a caged tiger, bored and starved, but when let loose we see the real him.

Why not make it 3-2-1? 3 being best and 1 3rd best.
3. Toby Couchman
2. Zac Lomax
1. Ben Hunt

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I hate being right. My prediction at the beginning of the season was by round 12 we would be sitting on 10 points and out of contention, and the coach would be gone. So after round 6 we are on 6 points. In the next 6 rounds we play:
7. Raiders away - loss
8. Roosters away (Anzac Day) - loss
9. Bulldogs home - win
10. Tigers away - win
11. Cowboys away - loss
12. Roosters home - loss

Hope I was wrong but unless something drastically changes to bring together a divided club and team this appears to be our fate. Very sad and very hard to swollow.

Eric

Staff
I hate being right. My prediction at the beginning of the season was by round 12 we would be sitting on 10 points and out of contention, and the coach would be gone. So after round 6 we are on 6 points. In the next 6 rounds we play:
7. Raiders away - loss
8. Roosters away (Anzac Day) - loss
9. Bulldogs home - win
10. Tigers away - win
11. Cowboys away - loss
12. Roosters home - loss

Hope I was wrong but unless something drastically changes to bring together a divided club and team this appears to be our fate. Very sad and very hard to swollow.
Fate really smiled on Griffin with the draw. Up to round 12 no games against Penrith or Melbourne. But he wasn't able to take advantage of it. I honestly don't see how they can't sack him after yesterday.